24 Hour Fitness USA Logo

24 Hour Fitness USA

Having problems with 24 Hour Fitness USA?

24 Hour Fitness USA reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 20, 2006. The latest review Swimming Pool Room was posted on Jun 9, 2021. The latest complaint service and equipment safety at 24 hour fitness was resolved on Jul 07, 2018. 24 Hour Fitness USA has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 238 reviews. 24 Hour Fitness USA has resolved 60 complaints.

24 Hour Fitness USA Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 432 6348 (Member Services)
+1 888 243 5002 (Check Pricing / Buy a Membership)
+1 866 308 8179 (Cancel Your Membership)
12647 Alcosta Blvd № 500
San Ramon, California
Locations

Mailing Address

PO Box 2689, Carlsbad, CA 92018

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with 24 Hour Fitness USA Customer Service. Initial 24 Hour Fitness USA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for 24 Hour Fitness USA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about 24 Hour Fitness USA. Discuss the issues you have had with 24 Hour Fitness USA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

24 Hour Fitness USA Complaints & Reviews

24 Hour Fitnessmanagement and cleaning

Terrible smell in bathrooms, no towels available. Some of the machines do not work... Dirty... No water... Jacuzzi does not work most of the time. The whole bathroom and jacuzzi area smell and none one says anything!!!

I am sure agassi does not know what it is going on!!! Terrible place!!! 1

24 Hour Fitness — they do not enforce towel policy!

The 24Hour Fitness in Concord CA does not enforce the towel policy. Carrying a towel and wiping down the...

24 Hour Fitnessrip off, unauthorized charges!

In addition to the numerous complaints I see against this company, I think we should all ban together and sue 24 Hour Fitness , or at least be able to join the ongoing lawsuit filed in California, I live in Colorado and from what I have heard, they are nothing but a big rip off. I guess if you are famous and don't mind missing money , then by all means enjoy your membership, I myself am a hard working individual and need to know where every penny is. Not only did 24 Hour fitness not take payments they were supposed to,they decided once they realized the payments weren't being drafted to take money each week from my account, after a month and $245 on a $49/month membership I said something to several people and was assured the money would be replaced, that was a lie!! I still to this day do not have my money back and after numerous complaints and letters to 24 Hour Fitness, I can say I probably never will without the help of a lawyer. So if anyone knows a good one let me know.

• Mi
        Mike Read Jun 22, 2009

I remeber when me and the wife woke up one day and went shopping to buy food for the week at walmart -:sigh! but anyways, upon trying to pay the bank card was declined!. We ent home and pulled up the online Wells fargo (the carage and horse's running away with all ur money bank) and saw that 24 hour fitness had drafted and entire 3 years memberhsip out of the account.

After all the shouting and stuff was over, i went down to the gym and they just plamed me off to the telephone number in Carlsbad CA.

I took 6 months to get the money back with no comp. what so ever. NONE! and the Amount of ballache i had to go through each week calling and waiting just to deal with total incompitance and a very poor negative attitude, these filthy animals need taking out the picture all together and never be aloud to conduct any sort of business that involves taking peoples Bank details, the bottom line is peeps, if you can now days, DONT EVEN HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT BECAUSE THERE THE WORST PEOPLE FOR STEALING YOUR MONEY, LET ALONE ANYBODY ELSE. just join the YMCA and skrew all that posing ###.

• As
        ashley sweningson Jan 17, 2008

I had a 24 hr membership in coer d alene idaho which automatically took 43 bucks out of my back account each month..fine. Until one month my account overdrafted by accident and they were not paid. I called them and thought since they required first and last month dues, that my overdrafted month would just be covered by the ''last month'' payment i made to initially become a member. Since i could no longer afford the membership dues, i figured this ''last month'' payment would end my membership. i did not try to access their gym at all once this happened. 6 months later my account was debited almost 250 dollars for ''past months dues''...Is that legal? I recieved nothing in the mail alerting me to this unauthorized debit and the only way i found out about it is when my 250 dollar car payment was declined due to insufficient funds. No customer service rep would admit to any wrong doing citing 'memberships can only be cancelled in person''. i think its BS and i want my money back!!

24 Hour Fitnesswould not stop billing my account!

I canceled my 6 year family account with 24 Hour Fitness 6 months ago, which took a 20 minute phone call. The next month I received another bill on my auto bill debit card. I have since been billed every month and had to call in and get it refunded. Which they did refund... however, for the past two month I have gotten another set of bills (for a very reduced fee of only $7.62) which most folks might not miss.

I called in again and got a CSR that refused to send me to her supervisor. She insisted on getting my information (3-5 minutes of what she needed) and then told me I was unpleasant to her and disconnected me. I called in again and got someone who said the same things, but stopped the billing. But did not refund the money. I had to call in again to get the refund. Each call takes at least 15 minutes. I have Google Searched for a Corporate office of some kind and there is nothing located.

Simply the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Plus definite scam on the auto bill... they will continue until you give up... spend hours of your time to get them to stop.

• Si
          sixsigs Oct 01, 2008

My wife and I have expereinced the same situation. We get a different story every time we call or speak with someone at the local club. .. even after we're told the account(s) are closed, monthly billing continues.

24 Hour Fitnesspoor service!

To america's biggest loser, it sure ain't me. I miss and need my workouts. Since the beginning of the year the pool has been closed many different times. 3 days here a week there for a total of more than 30 days because of water quality issues (The pool was just plain old dirty).

It is presently closed and has been for the past 10 days and management has no idea when it will be re-open to the membership. Why I asked the service manager jane doe and she said, "because we do not know and I don't want to give out misinformation." I pressed her further and she stated that the law is now requiring them to install a new filtration system and the corporate office is aware of this scenario. The law? I said. She clarified by saying it is the health department and their notice is posted.

I am at wits end. I can only swim and exercise in the pool due to severe knee and ankle problems. Not to mention that it has been over 100 degrees the entire time the pool has been closed. Again! It has been closed for more than a months time this year alone.in fact, it remains closed as you read this.

Beware people!

• Ne
            NEALC53 Jun 15, 2019

AUBURN, WASHINGTON club has frequent problem of NOT opening Saturday mornings on time( 5 AM ) with 2 dozen people waiting !!! most times have to wait until 8am for the child care person to open it.

• 24
            24amckinlay Mar 21, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sincerely sorry to hear about the negative experience at your local club and would love the opportunity to assist you further. I will be sending you a direct message with my contact information so I can get a little more detail from you.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Andrea M.
            24 Hour Fitness Corporate

• Ne
            never again Mar 21, 2011

I signed up there, and they NEVER showed me how to use the equipment!

No to 24 Hour Fitness Mar 21, 2011

There is no way to participate in Group X classes because by the time you get there the classes are always full.

They do allow for $1 dollar to be paid prior to 1 hour before the class but if the time is before 7 am they cannot advance reserved and accept the $1 because the employee cannot open the register.

They have coin lockers for use but when you insert the coins they do not work and do not return the coins. When you go to the front desk to ask for your money back they do not citing a lack of change.

I have observed at times after 12 AM the front desk attendants allow nonmember homeless people to use the bathrooms and showers. The homeless people sully the facilities and smell bad.

Complaints to front desk attendants always result in "I can't do anything"

• Pa
            Paul Thomas Sep 17, 2007

The pool at the 24hour fitness club in Rancho Penasquitos, San Diego, CA, has excessive chemical treatment. Both my wife and I had severe air passage burns, swollen lips, and burning eyes. The water tastes like chicken soup. I know you are using sodium solutions. So, don't use that as an excuse. The last time the water was drained, I had complained to the city, about two years ago. I guess we will do that again. I think it's time to change the water (2 years is excessive). There is a point were using chemicals to fight the yellow and green tints that water shows on a weekly basis becomes dangerous to members.

You continue to have members going into the sauna and steam rooms fully clothed and with workout shoes. You are not enforcing the rules. One more reason I will contact the health department.

Other than that, thank you for keeping your gym inside clean and functional.

Ah, if only you spent as much time improving the wet area....

There you have it... I wish they would drain this pool for once.

24 Hour Fitness — loud hip-hop music!

Don't join 24 Hour Fitness in Arcadia, California unless you like over-amped rap and hip hop music! ...

24 Hour Fitnessdisrespectful and rude employees

Every time I work out at the garden grove location in orange county california the employees at the service desk seems so busy talking to each other about nothing and most of the time when an associate is alone that particular employee is spaced out or looking somewhere. When you gave your card to be scanned they dont even acknowledge that your in front of them they are always busy to say hi
          To even nod and they dont smile.
          Today aug. 26 sat. 2007, as soon as we enter there were about 6 associate sitting on a counter behind the service desk and I beleived two of them were club managers they are talking loudly as usual about nothing. One of the associate approach us without saying anything he just reach over his hand to scan our membership cards.
          On your way out its the same thing no acknowledgement.

• Dm
              D.M. Feb 26, 2008

"RUBY" IN VICTORVILLE, California is beyond rude!!!!!!! Their ph. [protected]. Bear Valley Rd....This chick is so arrogant, feels she is above answering a simple question. I, and my family have just quit altogether, she has turned me off to even going there. That is a place you are supposed to get healthy, with RUBY's arrogant smoke filling the air, getting healthy is impossible!! All I'd called to ask her was, "what is the manager's name?", rather than simply "DO HER JOB" of giving me his name, she transferred me to him instead....wrong RUBY!!!!!! I simply hung up before he answered, called her back, and told her once again what I wanted....simply, "the manager's name, please." She yelled the manager's name in my ear and hung up on me. I called her back to tell her how rude she was, she said she didn't have the time to hear anything I said, yep, you guessed it, HUNG UP ON ME AGAIN!! I ten called one more time to ask her why she was being so rude, and maybe offer her some MIDOL, and well, yeah, you got it...."click" right in my ear. Screw it, I'll take my chuncky behind right back to the park and deal with all of the pit bulls running around instead!!!!! At least you can see them charging towards you before they tear into you, unlike RUBY IN VICTORVILLE!!!!!! She had the venom of a rabid pit bull with an impacted tooth! They are trained to not have to put up with "irritated clients" (I saw the bulliten on how to keep deflecting one taped to the side of an associate's desk), but in RUBY's case, she is allowed to hang up on and ignore anyone she deems to have the tiniest teaspoon of frustration in their voice! If she were treated that way, you can bet she'd take her complaint to the highest level.

• As
              a schroeder Nov 17, 2007

I worked out at the Oregon (Lance Armstrong) Tuatalin gym. And I have to say the check in desk is very rude! I try not to even look at them anymore. I have a hard enough time getting myself into that gym and then we I am treated so rudely right at the entrance... I just want to turn around and leave.

Sincerly,
              AnneMarie.

24 Hour Fitnessharassing!

I canceled my membership today at 24 hr fitness ft worth and I think someone should know why. I am a figure competitor and have been hanging in gyms for 25 years and since this group of trainers and management came to 24 hr I have not felt at home in this gym. I am a retired trainer who is no longer certified and workout with a friend of 15 years who is also a retired trainer. Naturally we count for each other and encourage each other and probably act like trainers because that is what we used to be. We don't try and get clients, because we don't want any, and we don't even tell people we were trainers. Evidently the trainers at this gym felt threatened by that and complained to the manager brandt. We explained to him that we were both working out just like anyone else that nobody was training anybody and that out of 25 years of habit we still count and encourage and act like trainers. I am in really good shape and lots of people ask me to train them and I say “ am retired” and then I point out a 24 hr fitness trainer and say that they would be glad to help them. I do this at least once a day.

Brandt is more concerned with making his employees happy instead of his members. He never smiles or says hi. Most of the trainers never smile or say hi. Lots of members complain that the staff is rude and they don't feel welcomed when they enter the club. Instead of brandt coming to me and asking me politely what the situation was he comes straight up to me in the hall and immediately threatens to revoke my membership. I have felt that this club is hostile towards me because I am a competitor and has done nothing to be supportive of me in reaching my goals. If they are going to be rude and unsupportable fine but then to try and tell me who I can workout with and how often I can workout with them and even what body parts I can work out with that person is ludicrous.

• Je
                Jefffhaines Oct 27, 2009

I've never belonged to a gym before. Needless to say, I'm out of shape. I didn't want a high-pressure experience. I told this to the girl who signed me up for the Camarillo 24-hour Fitness. I told her I DID NOT want a personal trainer. I simply wanted someone to give me a tour of the machines. She agreed, then charged me first and last month's membership. $65.00.

She stuck me with a testosterone-happy personal trainer with the last name of Wood. He kept trying to put me through his circuit, and I kept telling him I didn't want to work out. I just wanted an overview of the equipment. He didn't listen, no matter how many times I told him this. In fact, he made me feel small, telling me that I would NEVER get any sort of fitness if I didn't commit to his personal training program. The guy was a scmuck, and I left the gym feeling very uncomfortable. I never went back. $65.00 down the drain.

I complained via the 24-hour fitness website. No one bothered to respond to my email. I called the 1-800 number to cancel my membership, next. The customer service representative told me I would be contacted by a concerned agent. I was never contacted.

The 24-hour Fitness motto goes something like "Fitness on your terms." It's a lie. If you want to belong to this gym, you have to do things THEIR way.

24 Hour Fitnessguest pass refusal and rude treatment!

I am a long-time 24 Hour Fitness member (since 2001 or before) who has been happy with the clubs and the service since joining. I am shocked at the lack of respect and disregard in the handling a simple, guest pass use and membership request for my son, by all levels of employees of 24 Hour Fitness - Bakersfield 93313 location.

I took my son over to the gym with a 14 day pass that was given to me by the clerk - so he could try it out. We went one day and it was fine, the next day the girl at the desk had my son fill out a form, we thought so he could here about membership. But when Jose, fitness counselor arrived he took us to his desk and asked how many times my son had come in, I said once, with that he said this" card is expired". I said I just received it. I said but I have 2 fitness one day guest pass that came with my membership, he said he is no longer a first time visitor and he was denied entrance. No sales pitch, nothing just rudely asked to leave!!!

• Gu
                  guerreirosol Oct 31, 2007

I went yesterday to 24 hrs fitness at parkmoore san jose and I had the same experience... they were rude, unfriendly, and they didn't care about what I had to say instead they keep on asking who gave me the pass... ridiculous... the new crew SUCKS!!!

24 Hour Fitnessno air in exercise rooms

I am a new member of the 24 hour super sport club in Glendale California, 91202. On Tuesday, July 25, 2007 I and another member Katie Sabella met to take the 5pm pilates pulse class, in the glassed -in exercise room.

When I entered the space I was overwhelmed by the airless, hot, no air conditioned, no ventilation -space. There was the instructor, MIA, and about 12 other women about to take the class. I asked the instructor about the air situation. She proceeded to say that there was never any air conditioning or air circulation while she's been teaching for months. This was confirmed by the other women.

I was incredulous that these women tolerated such conditions. When I asked the instructor why she didn't demand air for her clients her response was that she informed the management under Ron Douad and still nothing was ever done about it. She then said that she only worked there twice a week so she didn't have any power. Another client added that there WAS air conditioning, but it started in that room 15 minutes before the next class came in. Dissatisfied with such passivity and victimization, I went to the front desk to complain. No one wanted to deal with me. So I went to the man who signed me up and he tried to find personnel who could help. Meanwhile the other employees chimed in that the air was pre -set to go on fifteen minutes before the class, but just not THAT class. Well I am taking THAT class and I want some air! What if I fainted? What if my blood pressure got too high and I'm taken to the hospital in an ambulance because of a heart condition incident? Are we thinking that a potential lawsuit against this company for negligent health conditions is a real possibility? Well I would.

Mr. Ron Douad came into the space to "check it out" and to see what he could do to turn on the air. After looking at something he announced that the air comes on 15 minutes before the class and that it takes 15 minutes to "Kick in". To which the women who took this class twice a week said that there has NEVER been any air pumped in during their times working out. At this point Ron left the space and I was hyperventilating. I said open the doors, there's plenty of air in the big space with treadmills, etc.

No one responded and this pilates pulse instructor told us to start our exercising since all this 'discussion' was causing us to start late. She told us to "let go"of the air problem and concentrate on the body and BREATHING! INHALE slowly, she says, AND EXHALE on 4 counts. You've got to be kidding! I felt as if I was going to pass out.

Now it was true, cold air began to fill the room 15 minutes BEFORE the NEXT class. But the now 15 members of this pilates class were BREATHLESS.

UNHEALTHY 24 hour fitness! At the desk I asked an employee named Dulcie, if she knew what else we could do to remedy this situation and she said impatiently, "Just open the door!"

I then asked to speak to whoever was really in charge of this facility. Nobody knew. Dulcie gets on the PA system and loudly, annoyingly ,barks," Will a manager PLEASE come to the front desk, ANY manager Pleeze come to the front desk. Now thoroughly embarrassed by her humiliating me in front of so many other clients, a reluctant and slightly irritated Ron Douad reappears. As I ask AGAIN about the air situation ,he impatiently REMINDS me that he was the guy who checked out the 'problem' earlier . Yes I remember I said. Here I smiled at him so he knew we were friendly 'complainers' (katie Sabella was also a client and witness) AND that we knew none of this was his responsibility since he had no control over the air situation. 'What shall I do Ron to get the respose I need, so I don't become sick in an airless room while doing strenuous breathing exercises'?

I can not tolerate this 24 hour UNFITNESS!

Katie Sabella then remarked, that she was going to leave as well since she only signed up for the club to swim. She has yet to swim ,since the pool has been 'broken' for the last 7 months. No one ,not even Ron seemed to know the answer to How, What , WHEN and Why.

Now Ron takes us to his computer to show us how to make a complaint, because he clearly has no power to help rectify the situation. He then comments that this same problem exists in the cycling spin class upstairs. Can you imagine such arrogant neglect of members health in a HEALTH CLUB!

As Ron is downloading info on the computer, I happen to see a wall plaque next to him proudly displaying the CORE values of the 24 hour Fitness Club. Next to that there is a plaque reminding employees of what is expectedfrom them in order to maintain a high level of service to it's members. Cool, I thought. I pointed out to Ron the Following: "Ron, the first value of the club reads CARING. Obviously NO ONE cares because NO ONE seems to know any reason why the air is not working. Therefore no one cares about client safety and welfare. #2 ACCOUNTABILITY well that is non-existent at this Glendale facility. Everyone there seems to have Teflon shoulders and passes the buck to the next guy 'cause it's not their job TO KNOW.

Where is accountability??? #3 LIMITLESS. HUH? What's that? limitless service?, limitless caring? limitless accountability? the mind reels trying to figure that one out. All I have experienced today were very LIMITED staff, who possessed very LIMITED authority in dealing with these two clients concerns. #4 INTEGRITY Oh my dears. This attribute is a byproduct of the success of the previous three, and we already know what a failure we have there thus far. #5 FUN Well it ain't no fun to suffocate in a pilates class, ever.

SO Now What Ron?"

This now humble and kind man admitted that we definitely had a point.

I asked Ron, since He was right there on the computer, why won't he do this long letter work himself, since he agrees with our concerns and needs. He then informs us that corporate is membership driven and that the members must speak out. Hence, my letter of complaint.

Now what ARE you gonna do to remedy this dire situation and restore faith in your club? Shame on whoever is the BOSS of this enterprise running a sloppy venue and charging a lot of money for non-service!

Waiting for a change, waiting to come up for air!

Diane Venora
                Katie Sabella

• Bi
                    Billy Badass Dec 17, 2007

ITS LITTLE COMPLAINERS THAT YOU THAT PROBABLY DONT GET ANYTHING ACCOMPLISHED AT THE GYM OR ANYWHERE JUST BECAUSE EVERY LITTLE THING BOTHERS YOU. GROW UP.

24 Hour Fitnessharassment and misleading membership information

My first complaint is regarding the handling of my membership. I signed up to join 24 hour fitness almost 3 years ago, in which most of those years I went to the gym 3-5 days a week. I went between the Tualitan gym and the Murray Scholls gym in Beaverton. I noticed signs up on the wall regarding the Tualitan gym having a "remodel". Little did I know, they were turning the gym into a Super Club. When I purchased my membership, I purchased an all club membership. I soon found out that my membership would no longer be valid at that gym and that I would have to pay an upfront fee and my dues would go up almost $30/month. I had paid an upfront fee and an ongoing $99 a year. I feel that it was unjustly and they should have grandfathered me in. They track the times you check in and new I went there frequently. This "oh well' attitude by the employees is wrong and the corporation should have lived up to the contract I signed.

On April 11th I was working out at the Pearl gym with a coworker of mine. She was running late so I started the weight workout before she got there. When she arrived she asked me to let her get caught up with me. Of course, I said yes. I even offered to hold her notebook and write down her sets. I was soon approached by an employee and another "off the clock" employee (two men) accusing me of being a personal trainer. I thought they were joking at first. I had just been doing my workout for the last 20 minutes next to the "off the clock" employee. I have no credentials and I am also not getting paid. I'm simply working out with a friend. In fact, my finance used a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness to help him continue physical therapy after his insurance quit paying. He would have had me do it if I was this personal trainer I was being accused of. Furthermore, I am a female that is 5'9" and 135 lbs. I don't think two men needed to confront me.

On top of it they did not even have the authority to approach me. After they stood there accusing and arguing with me for a few minutes. I asked for a manager. They stood there with there chests puffed out and arms crossed and told me to go find him and pointed toward the check in desk. When I found the assistant and club manager they apologized for their behavior and said they had not right to approach me. After this I asked my friend if I had done anything to provoke their aggressive behavior. She said that I was very calm and precise about why I was standing there and told them three times that I was not a personal trainer and the reason why I was standing there and holding the notebook. I am very angry about this. Over half the people in the weight area have a workout partner. Are we now not allowed to have a workout partner to help motivate us?

If I want to hold my friends damn notebook, there is no law nor written terms in our contracts stating that we can not workout with a friend. I have never been perceived as a personal trainer nor perceived myself as a personal trainer. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for this unethical complaint. My request was a short suspension of the employees and my membership back at the Tualitan gym. I'm tired of these employees getting away with treating the members like crap. I have seen it happen to many others. Unfortunately, I can only file my own interactions. I go to the gym to workout the stress of the day and now it is stressful to go workout.

• De
                      demuffinman Jul 08, 2007

I hate ### like this. What as***ts!

24 Hour Fitnessterrible customer and equipment management!

The Agassi 24-Hour Fitness in Las Vegas continues to be one of the classier fitness facilities in Vegas. Additional positives have come into form during the past year; perhaps tied to several new members of the staff, which includes new fitness management and front desk personnel who regularly offer their assistance and kindly greet members.

The following are simply a few things that the club could easily change and improve upon in order to step its image a few more notches; allowing members to continue to be proud that they are a part of the Agassi health club.

Though there are other clubs in the area, e.g. Las Vegas Athletic Club on Rainbow or the Summerlin Gold’s Gym at Lake Mead and Buffalo, unlike several friends and associates, I’ve never selected the option to end my Agassi membership considering the club presents a number of positives; for example it’s more easily accessible and often times less congested. Plus, I’ve been a member of 24-Hour fitness for many years. However, please take into account the following items. If they were addressed it would present some big improvements.

The locker rooms are not regularly cleaned. The locker room floors and showers continue to be consistently dirty. Simple ongoing maintenance is neglected. The floors are dirty and corroded. Certain lockers are worn, damaged, or missing parts. By the sinks the old soap pumps at the counters were finally removed and reliable dispensers mounted on the walls. Those turned out great. However, for a long period of team the disgusting holes in the marble counters where the old pumps were stationed remained uncovered. It looked like a gas station counter. It just seems that the club could and should try to keep a better image for their customers. Also, in the showers there is ongoing buildup along the edges of the walls, drains, and tile. The small soap shelves in the showers are left rusted and broken off the hinges. It would just take a few repairs and an occasional strong cleaning.

Also, equipment is not maintained. The simple process of oiling, tightening, and repairing equipment is seldom performed. Even when a customer such as myself points out the equipment that needs maintenance there is little to any response to the request. Eventually, members begin avoiding specific pieces of equipment because it becomes obvious that it will never be maintained or repaired by the health club. For long periods of time the same pieces of equipment are left with broken parts or squealing hinges or missing components. The health club could simply do a daily spot check of equipment. Ensure it’s operable and balanced. Currently, equipment remains unusable for extended periods of time. It is nice that occasionally a tag indicating the equipment is unavailable is affixed, however it seems that even when the problem has been mentioned to the front desk, written by them on a maintenance clipboard, in the end the problem appears to continue. Certain pieces of equipment continue to show signs of loose parts and may wobble back and force when someone tries to use it. Some members quickly loose their motivation when it’s difficult or uncomfortable to use a piece of equipment and they become discouraged and stop their exercising. In such a high end club it’s surprising that there is not a maintenance person designated to regularly check all equipment; allowing them to tighten parts, clean equipment, oil joints, and adjust belts.

Children, perhaps early teens, are allowed to roam about the club, jumping between equipment, and often times just playing games, without any parental supervision. There are 24-Hour Fitness policies that restrict that type of activity.

It’s just that occasionally it appears that the unoccupied personal trainers do not offer their input and assistance to members. Often times the trainers who are not working with customers who have purchased training sessions (which I have purchased on many occasions) can be seen standing or sitting to the side chatting with each other. When off in the distance it’s evident that members are attempting to figure out how to properly use equipment. Those trainers could be providing their input. They could be promoting safe and effective use of the equipment that members have paid to use. Tied to the topic of personal trainers it seems that equipment is sometimes held hostage by certain personal trainers; occupying a single piece of equipment for upwards of thirty minutes. The equipment is not even fully utilized during that timeframe. On the contrary, other exercises are performed in front of the equipment. It would be much more courteous for those trainers to perform the exercises that do not involve the equipment, away from the equipment. There is no reason for them to hold the piece of equipment hostage for long periods of time when the equipment is only utilized 20% of that timeframe; not fair to other customers.

jojo9 Sep 12, 2009

Most of the front desk girls are young and have a not care attitude and who would rather be talking on their cell phones than to work by keeping the club clean and stocked up. There is no manager at the club for a few months now and every morning I go there, there is never any towels in the women's restroom, the soap dispensers in the showers are not filled, no sanitizing wipes in the dispenser. Everything in the gym is disgustingly filthy as though they have not been wiped down in a long time. This is an Agassi Super Sport gym and everyone who goes there pays extra money to be a member so the QUALITY of the gym needs to be superb, clean, fully stocked and most importantly providing EXCELLENT customer service. Most of the young girls are very very RUDE.

• Ri
                        Rich Jan 09, 2008

This club could be so much better than it is. The location is great but it just isn't clean enough. The pool area is always dirty so I stopped swimming in the pool. The spin teacher, Eliza, is awesome and is pretty much the reason we go there.

• Be
                        beth Jan 03, 2008

I totally agree with everything that has been written. The only reason I continue to go to this club is the convenience. THe club is dirty and the machines are not taken care of. WHen I mentioned the dirtiness to the front desk they replied that they had lost their janitor!!! The machines are often out of service for long periods of time and other machines are wobbly as stated in the previous email. If you try to practice basketball you are run off by people playing full court basketball... SOmething needs to be done to improve the quality of the club.

Cher Dec 01, 2007

I agree, but the women's restrooms are very nice and clean. The problem is that the trainers are not paid enough money to help out in between waiting for their clients, they need a bigger cut of the session fees, then we will see a big difference in their attitudes. I think they are great, always friendly and helpful if you ask, but face it no one wants to work for free.

24 Hour Fitnessfault advertisement!

24-hour fitness is a liar!

I was at health Fair at Qwest field in Seattle WA in March 2007. I won a 30 days free pass by spinning the wheel at 24 hours fitness promotion boot. I was given a 24 hours fitness free pass card with hand written said 30 days over the 10 days pass on it. When I tried to redeem the 30 days pass prize at downtown Metro 24 hour’s fitness, manager rudely denied the prize exist. He accused me of crossing off the 10 days and written 30 days over it myself. I was treated as if I was a fraud.

Note to 24-hour fitness, if you cannot afford the promotion. Do not make any promises. You are wasting my time. By the way, this complains is plastered all over the internet. Have a good day liars.

24 Hour Fitness — harassing phone calls

Like to sleep in on your weekends off? Like to not be a slave to answering your phone every hour when not at...

24 Hour Fitness — an f for every reason! steer clear of these corporations!

I have been a member of 24hourfitness for several years. You may have noticed that they are the worst of a...

24 Hour Fitness — stolen funds! plain ordinary rip-off!

I signed up for a membership with 24 hour fitness at work in Omaha, Nebraska on approximately 11-8-06. They...

24 Hour Fitness — poor members treatment!

I was a member at 24 Hour Fitness since 1997, and I am writing to give a brief detail about an unexpected...

24 Hour Fitness — unprofessional behaviour!

I did not use my first week free personal trainer offer that came with my joining 24 hours. I asked if I...