The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved 1800 GOT JUNK — fraudsters and cheaters
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I find this post and others that complain about service industry pricing intriguing. Customers rarely consider the cost structure to operate a business, even though many of them are probably responsible for profit and loss at their own companies. Consider the costs that a plumber, or a junk removal company, might incur:
1. Vehicles are not cheap and the insurance on commercial vans and trucks are high.
2. Liability and work comp insurance is through the roof to the extent that many state legislatures are attempting to address the issue of skyrocketing premiums
3. Labor - a plumber may have only been on site for 30 minutes, or in this case a stated 10 minutes, but what about the sunk cost of travel time?
4. Supplies, or in this case, its probably dump costs. I don't know where this poster is from, but I looked at dump rates in our town and it is $160 per ton. One couch may not weigh so much, but blended in aver the course of filling a truck, it adds up. Copper prices for plumbers and electricians went through the roof last year.
The other point here is the value of time. I saw that budget will rent a truck for $29 a day plus $1 per mile. And $14.95 for insurance. It would take me an hour to go to the truck place, rent it and bring it home. Another two hours loading the couch, driving the 60 miles round trip to the dump and then paying for the dump, plus gas costs. I went to a dump once... What are the odds of getting a flat tire there? I don't drive box trucks regularly, less than once every 3 years is my guess, so what are the odds of me hitting something?
It seems like this person spent $154 and saved 3 hours of time, avoided the nasty experience of having to go to a dump and not having any risk of injury.
More 1800 GOT JUNK Complaints & Reviews
- 1800 GOT JUNK - absurd prices!!!
- 1-800-Got-Junk - rip off
- Got Junk - overcharged
- Got Junk - charged almost twice phone estimate
- 1800 GOT JUNK - tax fraud evading taxes
- Got Junk - poor customer service
- 1-800-Got-Junk / RBDS Rubbish Boys Disposal Service - junk removal
- 1-800-Got-Junk / RBDS Rubbish Boys Disposal Service - removal of a shed/building
- 1 800 Got Junk - did not show up for appointment
- 1-800-Got-Junk / RBDS Rubbish Boys Disposal Service - couch removal