1 800 hansonsOvercharging / entrapment into contract

Had sales rep for hansons come to our house sat.the 16th and give us a quote to replace our roof. we have 2 layers already so we'll have to remove everything down to the wood. our salesman jason measured our house from the ground and came up with 30 squares. ( it's close) anyway my wife & I applied for financing through hansons due to the cost of the job, $20, 259.00 . 30 year shingle, 6' ice /water barrier and ridge venting. here's my complaint. thier paperwork states I/we have 3 business days to cancel the transaction without any penalty or obligation. they dated the transaction the same day he was here, the 16th... ok. We didn't know if we were going to be approved for this construction loan or not... 4 days later we get an approved letter in the mail not the phone call we were told we would get. IN the mean time, I'm checking material prices & other labor rates and found that hansons were very high priced. I called to cancel but was unable to contact anyone, so I left a message. Monday the 25th my wife contacted someone from thier office and said we would like to cancel thier services and was told we can't. If we do we'll have to pay ONE THIRD of the contract price. I was shocked. He said if we didn't pay it would go against our credit report & they would take us to court and win anyway. IS IT LEGAL to give someone a quote and hold them to a contract before even getting approved for a loan ? The last thing I discovered is this "construction loan" is in the form of a CREDIT CARD and comes with an 7.99% apr compounded monthly and is suject to maximum default rates. AND as I read the GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK additional promotional plan details I find in thier sales slip completion tip box, new accounts the APR is 26.99%
DOES ANYONE HAVE SOME GOOD ADVICE (other than telling them to piss off)

• SynchronyFinancial Aug 28, 2014

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code 082814_ComplaintsBoard_WW**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your Synchrony Financial account. We’d like to speak with you to learn more. Please email me at [email protected] with your name and phone number. A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    Synchrony Financial

• Ge
    Gerald Robert Johnroe Nov 04, 2015

I too was approved for a quote but then a few days later I got a response from synchrony financial stating that I wasn't approved. I don't know where I stand now. I do hope my quote didn't go through as these are crooks waiting in the bushes types of businesses. I will call salesman.