Having problems with ZocDoc?

568 Broadway, 9th Floor
New York, New York
Offices

B-260, 6991 E Camelback Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251

India
Third Floor, Onyx Tower, Koregaon Park, Pune 411001, Maharashtra, India

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ZocDoc.

Complaints & Reviews

Zocdoc.cominaccurate doctor information

I used ZocDoc to seach for a back doctor using my insurance which is Cigna Open Access Plus.

It stated that Dr. Paul M. Brisson, MD was in my network so I booked an appointment with him 1 week in advance, on Monday, October 29th, 2018.'

I arrive today at the office and tell the Office Person my name. She confirmed with her computer that I have an appointment.

She then tells me that Dr. Brinsson was not in Cigna Open Access Plus Network and my fee would be $540.00 to for the office visit.

She also adds that he is never in the office on Mondays.

I asked:

So why would accept the appointment Zocdoc if he is not in the office?

Why does Zocdoc state you Dr. Brinsson is in Cigna Open Access Plus Network if you are not?

Dr. Brinson requires you to upload your insurance card on ZocDoc to make an appointment.

Why was I not called to be told he does not accept my insurance after I uploaded my insurance card into Dr. Brinsson's ZOCDOC accounts.

Why would your office not call me to let me know he is not in the office on Monday and not to make the trip?!?!?!?!

Why would you not call me to let me know he does not take my insurance and he is not in the office?

I was in the system, no one knew to call me and tell me not to come, or at the very least, reschedule?

What terrible service by ZocDoc and the Doctor's Incompetent staff.

I cannot say if the Doctor is good or bad, but his staff is bad.

Oct 22, 2018

Zocdoc — unethical behavior

I made an appointment on ZocDoc with Dr. Ulin Sargeant, MD MPH [protected] and she proceeded to harangue...

Oct 11, 2018

Zocdoc — bad service

I am a doctor and we have been with them for over 5 years and i am going to cancel my service. They started...

ZocdocDon't do business with them

People, if you want to make an appointment, you better call yourself and don't use websites like this. First of all, because it will be for free. Second, you won't waste your time. It's very easy to do. Yes, sometimes we may be too busy for making calls, but it's better to find 5 extra minutes rather than paying this website for services like this.
    And the list of doctors they have there is very suspicious. I wouldn't trust anyone of them. Check their reputation and reviews about them prior, if you decide to schedule an appointment through the website.

• Bi
        Big Lenny Dec 19, 2017

I'm a curious med student, can you please explain the background to your complaint? (Primary care, language difficulties, poor doc/office communication, purpose of visit and other general information)
        Can you also explain your suspicions of the list of doctors and why you felt uncomfortable?

I don't work for ZocDoc but I am very interested in the public perception of healthcare to include communication and satisfaction.

Tim

Zocdoc — The whole thing

This website willfully misleads patients. Fake reviews, no accountability. It's all so doctors can access a...

Zocdoc — Scheduling Doctors Appointments

I was new to the area (Cary NC) and I was looking for a few doctors. My family needed an internist and I...

ZocdocDone with ZocDoc!

The times listed for appointments don't always match up with the doctor’s actual times. My appointment was canceled because of incorrect times listed. This was an early morning appointment. Before visiting the doctor you need to call his office and confirm your appointment. So actually making the appointment online does not have any sense. I think I won’t be using ZocDoc again, because I had some problems with them. I definitely won't be making appointments with ZocDoc anymore.

• Li
          liss0890 Oct 09, 2016

I have had this exact problem too! It's frustrating because I try to schedule appointments around my work/graduate school schedule.

ZocdocI'll never use this website again!!

I'll never use this website again, it's just a waist o f time! I joined ZocDoc few weeks ago, because I needed to see a specialist. I looked through the doctors list and selected one doctor. I made an appointment through Zocdoc and selected the purpose of the visit. I needed a gynecological check-up. Zocdoc confirmed my appointment with several messages. But when I showed up to the doctor's office several days ago, I discovered the doctor was not a gynecologist at all. I will never use ZocDoc again, and recommend not to waste your time with them either.

• ZocDoc Service Team Jan 05, 2016

Hi there,

We are so sorry to hear about the trouble with this appointment. Please give us a call at [protected] so we can take a look at what happened here, and get to the bottom of this.

In health,
            Mary M.
            ZocDoc Service Team

ZocdocHorrible service!

I booked an appointment through Zocdoc. I arrived on time, but was told to wait for about 10 minutes. Well, I said I was fine with it. But I actually stood there for 40 minutes waiting for someone to notice me. When the nurse finally returned she could not find me in their system. According to her there was no appointment made by me. She told I wasn't able to receive a examination or consultation. I called the ZocDoc office and they confirmed I didn't have any appointments. I was sure I made an appointment, so I took time out of my work to get there in time! I don't know why my appointment did not transfer to their medical system. It was very difficult to find time during the work, but I did and at the end was told that there is no appointment! I'm so angry! Everything seemed fine, because I even received a confirmation email! Horrible service!

Zocdoc.comDental marketing

Zocdoc new to join the ranks of online reputation extortion (ore) specialists such as yelp and angies list. Hiding behind fake corporate masks of wanting to improve patient relations. This is a dangerous company putting profits before Health whos only goal is to go public and sell out. Heres how the scam works. A huge bank of telemarketers constantly badger independent doctor practices ( Hospitals and Clinics restrict there doctors from using zocdoc due to the dangerous legal liability of fake pay for reviews this is why there are none listed on there site). The pitch is 100's of new patients for your practice, search engine optimization, reputation management, we will fill your appointment book. Promising the world for only $300 per month or $3000 a year. Once paid a doctors profile will be built and fantastic fake reviews start to appear out of thin air about them. Zocdoc pays google boat loads of money to insure that they are at the top of any searchs. Now anytime someone searchs for any doctor they are first to pop up. Searching Patients book appointments through the site even though the appointments are not available many times the doctor isnt even open that day. So Far we have fake reviews and fake appointments. Now the only doctors out there that will tolerate this nonsense are the bad ones. There once waffling practices that couldnt get a real referal from reputable doctors and patients now have new fake internet reviews to drive in new prey. Bad Doctors are the only ones who use this service and pay for the upgrades. Pay more and your moved up on the list. Pay more and you get massive amounts of positive reviews. Now for the Good Doctors. Once the good doctors use the service for 2-3 months and have experienced the scam first hand they try and cancel. Usally canceling doctors must contact there credit card to stop payment due to zocdocs refusal to cancel service resulting in unwanted charges. Bad reviews start to pop up on canceling doctors profile. No one returns phone calls or emails about canceling service. Doctors catagories disapear in the database. Fake appointments start appearing thats right zocdoc will book fake appointments through the site and then claim they were a "no show" in hopes that the doctor believes the sites starting to work. They will do and say anything to string doctors along "It takes time for your base of patients to build over a year" total B.S.. Fake press releases, Search Zocdoc and all these strange blogs pop up telling of the greatness of zocdoc and its great success. The greatest place to work in NY. Total paid advertising by Zocdoc. Whats it all for? Judgeing by the high turn over of employees on glassdoor and linkeden and ther constant need to hire. Zocdoc is hiring and firing in order to avoid paying benifets this keeps dept low, not due to expansion as they claim. Zocdocs unwillingness to let dissattisfied doctors leave and angered patients from leaving negative reviews (look at the site not a single negative review) can mean only one thing, SCAM. Zocdocs sole purpose is to attract new investors as they are burning through start up cash. Then when it comes time for the IPO and the books are opened up all the numbers look nice and peachy low dept high usage so the owners and investors can dump their shares on the open market sell and get out while your health is paying the price.

ZocdocPoor experience

I am a dentist and tried ZocDoc. They are crooks to not only the public but to the dentists as well. They misrepresent both sides of the coin. Unfortunately, I did my home work AFTER signing up and wish I never did use ZocDoc. It has been the biggest waste of money and hardest company I have ever dealt with after 20 years of running a successful business. I recommend CONSUMERS AND DOCTORS avoid this site. For doctors considering it, please do a little home work and you will find the truth about this company and save yourself a lot of grief and money. Don't believe what they tell you. Ask the question if they have EVER refunded a dissatisfied client under ANY circumstances. Ask for proof then verify! (I'll save you some work - the answer is NO). As a patient, ask how the reviews are truly handled? Do bad reviews exist? This company is all about making money for themselves and NOTHING more. Unfortunately the doctors and patients are misled. Dr. G.

www.zocdoc.comThe doctor didn't help me

I found the doctor on the website www.zocdoc.com, but it was real scam. I started to ask different questions and explained my problem, but this jerk replied that everything was ok. I felt really bad and needed to get some advice or help. I started to ask about other doctors, but this jerk refused to discuss this stuff. The website is not recommended, and for me it was only waste of time. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Let’s share views about this website.

Zocdoc.com — If we could do it all over again, we would NOT have signed up with ZOCDOC

If we could do it all over again, we would NOT have signed up with ZOCDOC. This was the worst decision...

ZocdocAppointments

I booked a podiatrist City Footcare appointment through Zocdoc 10 days prior to the appointment date. I received confirmation of the appointment. On the morning of the appointment, I received an email from Zocdoc that the appointment was cancelled. No explanation given. I called City Footcare and they said that Zocdoc showed availablity when there was none. No explanation why the cancellation was made 10 days after confirmation and only on the morning of appointment. I called Zocdoc. They are pointing fingers at the doctor's office and the doctor's office at them. No resolution and the whole attitude was there's nothing either of them can do.
                  And I took time off from work for this. Embarassing to have to tell your boss you will be in after all but need time off on another day. Well bye bye Zocdoc and bye bye City Foot Care too. They probably don't care anyway.

Zocdoc.com — Avoid this website at all costs

After using a dentist, based on the 37 favorable reviews shown on ZocDoc.com, it turned out that dentist...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices