Yuchengco Group Of Companies [YGC] β€” Family protection elite

S

Last November 2017 an agent from YGC Insurance (Malayan Insurance) offered a Family Protection Elite which cost P520.00 monthly thru telephone conversation and will automatically debited to my RCBC credit card. I accepted the offer since she mentioned the following:

1. I will receive P5000 per day allowance once confined in hospital
2. I can reimburse all my expenses in the hospital
3. My daily allowance will increase from P5, 000 to P10, 000 if transferred to ICU
4. My beneficiary will receive P300, 000 on my accidental death

All the four items above made me convinced to accept her offer so she proceed to agreement, I just needed to answer "Yes" if I agree or "No" if I do not. Then she asked me if I agree on the terms and conditions, so I said yes since all I understand is what she discussed earlier, she never mentioned the duration of the contract or the coverage of the insurance. She said that our telephone conversation is recorded and will serve as our agreement, but I will receive the copy of our agreement in 1 week after our conversation. Then, I received the agreement in the office and did not attempt to read it since as far as I know, what she discussed to me thru phone is what all inside the paper.

Last January 5-8, 2018 I was confined for 4 days to the hospital due to Dengue Fever. After I checked out to the hospital I called the YGC Customer Service to reimburse my hospital expenses, but unfortunately the agent told me that dengue fever is not covered of my insurance as stated in our agreement, then I checked the terms and conditions only to find out that most common illness are not covered of my insurance. I called the YGC customer service again to request to cancel my insurance since I find it useless anymore, they instructed me to email to [protected]@ygc.com.ph and state my reasons why I want to cancel my insurance, I emailed them 3 times but never receive a confirmation. So after 3 days I called them again and they informed me that I can't cancel my insurance since they have a 1 year member policy. The agent, Ms. Flor Molasco told me that I agree to their 1 year contract, so they will auto debit to my rcbc credit card for 12 months the 520 pesos. I never remember they mentioned that to me. They keep on telling I agreed on their terms and conditions but I received the copy of terms and conditions 1 week after our recorded conversation.

• Updated by SexyGaga Β· Mar 07, 2019

Step by step process:

Caroline Lopez Nov 14, 2020

@sexygaga maam pwd nyo po ba ako tulungan para sa cancellation ng family protect insurance.. thanks po

Caroline Lopez Nov 14, 2020

• Ri
    Ricsen Hull Jan 15, 2021

@Ana Carissa Ferreras hello ma'am
    can i also have a copy of your request?
    pasend po sana ako sa email ko
    [email protected]
    maraming salamat po. godbless

• St
    StephenLeri Nov 19, 2020

@Ana Carissa Ferreras @Ana Carissa Ferreras, Mam can I please request a copy of your complaint po. Please email it po at: [email protected] Thank you.

Ana Carissa Ferreras Nov 14, 2020

@Caroline Lopez Try to email sa [email protected]
    And cc mo rin ang ygc email address

Eto yung inemail ko sa kanila iattach mo rin ang eCOC policy

ATTENTION TO:

ATTY. JOSEPH P. OSIAS
    Head of Division
    Public Assistance and Information Division

REQUESTING FOR THE CANCELLATION OF FAMILY SHIELD LIFE IN THE NAME OF MS ANA CARISSA FERRERAS, RCBC CREDIT CARD ENDING NUMBER - 2008 FOR THE YEAR 2020. WHICH WAS AUTO CHARGE RCBC BANKARD.

THANK YOU!

Mary Grace Laxamana Nov 11, 2020

Just want to share my experience in cancellation of my family shield insurance, hope nakatulong din sa inyo na gusto magpacancell. Same as yours, i was called by their representative to offer me insurance which is good to my ears that’s why napaYES nila ako, that was 1st of october 2020. After almost 2weeks, I received soft copy of my policy. After reading the whole policy, I decided to cancell my policy because of the exemptions written. Those exemptions were not discussed during their promotions via phone because if they did I’m sure I will not get one. So i emailed to [email protected] and request for the cancellation of my policy until Ms. Flor called me. As expected, explanation niya is they cannot cancell or terminate my policy contract until mag 1year.. what they can offer lang daw is to lessen the coverage and the premium.😊 But i insist my point, I told them also my reason for cancellation, how we end our conversation? Patigasan kami. Basta sabi nya hindi pwede i cancell until magbabaan ng phone, thant was Nov.11, 2020 at 4:30pm😊 After 2hours, I received email from them, stating that my request for cancellation has been processed and my last billing will be this November nalang..πŸ‘πŸ‘ Gusto kong magreply at ibalik sa kanila yung tanong na “kala ko ba hindi pwede?” Hahaha pero I’m thankful na din and they grant my request..

Ang sabi ko lang sa kanya (Ms.Flor), “no such thing or policy na hindi pwede iterninate kapag gusto ni policy holder”.I insist that kasi Insurance agent din ako sa isang company, kung gusto mo iterminate kayang kaya iterminate yan lalo if your not satisfied with the coverage..I told her that I will send email directly to insurance commision to confirm what she is saying na hindi pwede iterminate ang policy if wala pa 1year kako, then I’ll go back to her if sa Comission na mismo manggagaling na bawal iterminate. Sige lang daw mag email lang daw ako then drop the phone.. Afte 2hours, I received Notice of Cancellation from them.. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Hindi na ako hinintay makaoag email pa.. Inunahan na nila ako..

Anyway, hoping this experience of mine is maktulong to those who really wants to cancell their insurance with them. Pwedeng-pwede icancell yan basta ginusto nyo..😊

BTW, I am also a life insurance agent.. if you want a free proposal let me know..

MGDL

• Nu
    Nurijane Sariul Oct 09, 2020

Good morning! Please help me also to cancel my insurance in YGC thru Malayan Insurace, auto debited din po sa RCBC na credit card ko. Pahingi din po sana ng letter of complaint at steps kung papaano po.

• Nu
    Nurijane Sariul Oct 09, 2020

Hi po maam patulong naman po, ipapa cancel ko din po sana ung insurance ko po, hingi din po sana ako ng copy ng letter maam. Thanks po

Ma. Grace Oct 02, 2020

Hi,

Please cancel my totally cancel the auto deduction of the family protect elite insurance under the name of maria grace palama for rcbc bankard ending 9003.

Your immediate action is badly needed.

• Je
    jehlea Jul 23, 2020

PLs. help me also to cancel my insurance in YGC thru Malayan Insurace...auto-charge din po as RCBC account ko pp. pwede po malaman mga steps and complaint letter to ninyo..salamat po

Ana Carissa Ferreras Mar 08, 2020

πŸ˜‰

Ana Carissa Ferreras Mar 08, 2020

Thank you po talaga sa suggestion mo. Na cancel na siya. πŸ‘

Ana Carissa Ferreras Feb 26, 2020

πŸ‘

Ana Carissa Ferreras Feb 26, 2020

Yes. Ang tagal kong inemail at tinawagan sila no response. Laging sinasabi mag email at hindi daw pwede ipa cancel. Nung nakita ko to at nag email ako sa insurance commission. After one week nag email na yung insurance commission na meron ng complaint. At pagka receive ko ng email ng insurance commission. Naka receive ako agad ng tawag sa ygc customer service nag pupumit sila na wag ko icancel pero hindi talaga ako napapayag. Nung okay na eto ipraprocess na nila. Thank God!

Ihcar ONECAN Feb 24, 2020

@SexyGaga, I also wanted to cancelled my insurance. Can i have a copy of your complaint letter. Please help me & kindly send to my email. [email protected]
    Thank you!

• La
    laverne paredes Jan 21, 2020

Hi! thanks to this post.. Napacancel ko din yung sa akin. 1st step is sumulat ako sa comission stating all details ng complaint and yung gusto ko pacancel.. then, after a week nagemail back sila na nagpadala na sila letter sa Malayan YGC. tapos after 2 weeks, na cancel na ung pag auauto debit sa credit card ko. Grabe.

• St
    StephenLeri Nov 19, 2020

@Ihcar ONECAN @laverne paredes Can I also ask a copy of your complaint letter. Please email it at: [email protected] Thank you and God bless.

@laverne paredes Nag chat na po aq. Pa check nlng po. Slamat

@laverne paredes Noted po. Thanks

• La
    laverne paredes Feb 24, 2020

@Ihcar ONECAN email kita.. or if my FB ka, PM me. Laverne paredes

Ihcar ONECAN Feb 24, 2020

@laverne paredes @laverne paredes, Can i have a copy of your complaint letter.. pa send nmn po sa email q. [email protected]

Thank you!

• Na
    Na-Bi Dec 11, 2019

i would also like to request for cancellation of this insurance. please help.

• Na
    Na-Bi Dec 11, 2019

san po pwede mag send ng request for cancellation?

Mark June L. Aporador Dec 02, 2019

December 2, 2019

ATTENTION: CUSTOMER SERVICE FAMILY SHIELD PLUS/PROTECTION ELITE

Good day!
    I got a call from one of the agents of YGC who offered me a FAMILY SHIELD PLUS/PROTECTION ELITE insurance JUST TODAY, December 2, 2019 and I accepted the offer. I believe that the process of this insurance is still ongoing since I just received a call just this day.
    In lieu with this, I would like to request for the cancellation of the said insurance process under the name of MARK JUNE LACUARIN APORADOR for the reason that I will be cancelling my RCBC Bankard today and I am not interested with the said insurance anymore because of financial challenges.
    Please do not push through or proceed with the next phase of the insurance process under the name of MARK JUNE LACUARIN APORADOR. Moreover, I would not accept any Policy with regards to this insurance.
    Thank you for the offer and I would be glad for your immediate response.

P.S. For immediate action

Respectfully yours,
    MARK JUNE L. APORADOR

• Je
    JefJeff Nov 07, 2019

can anyone post a copy of the policy para mgkaron ng guide on what the illnesses the policy cover? at least we will all have an idea. thanks in advance.

• Mi
    Misheru Oct 23, 2019

I am here now, because I received the same call, buti na lang hindi ako nag agree kasi gusto ko i research muna. Thanks for this post

• Er
    Eric Normor Jul 20, 2019

To whom it may concern,

I hereby request the cancellation of MY FAMILY SHIELD PLUS auto-charged under rcbc bankard no. ending in 2007.

Policy holder: ERIC R. NORMOR
    Monthly fee: php 2, 130.00

This policy has been put into consideration to pursue, however, I came with the final decision of cancellation. In addition, credit limit in my RCBC Bankard is not sufficient.

Your immediate action is needed.

Thanks & regard,

joemichael B. empal Jul 19, 2019

@SexyGaga Requesting cancellation of MY FAMILY SHIELD PLUS in the name of JOEMICHAEL B. EMPAL with card number ending 2005 which was auto charged to my RCBC bankard I have no longer interested I hope you cant help me.
    Thank you!.

Allison bernardo Jul 18, 2019

@sexy_gaga pwede po patulong magpacancel. Tinry ko po kasi magcancel ng policy eh na auti renew na gusto nila next year ko pa pacancel.

With this letter I hereby request the cancellation of family protect elite effective July 2019 auto-charged under rcbc bankard number ending in - 5010
    Policy holder: Allison B. Belon
    Policy number: FPE00012311

This policy has been put into consideration to pursue however I already resigned from my job. I cannot pay the monthly fee since I have no more source of income.
    Hoping for your consideration.

Allison Belon
    Eadd: [email protected]

• Jh
    Jhernie Racho May 12, 2019

RCBC Insurance Bankcard deducted me P2130.00 on my credit card May 11, 2019 8:42pm for the service or transaction that I have not use. Moreover, I have not yet active my credit card. Somebody form this company by the name of Gloria Flor Babor called me May 09, 2019 at the office offering Insurance Policy MY FAMILY Shield PLUS and tell me she will send the policy within two weeks but until now May 12, 2019 I have not receive any policy and RCBC deducted or billed me for the service or transaction which I have NOT yet agree.

• Ra
    Rach Marie Paran Apr 15, 2019

Can you please send to me the complain letter i want to cancel my insurance too thank you.. [email protected]
    And the email where to send

Carmina Joy San Agustin Mar 07, 2019

Hi! Is it possible na maicancel yung insurance kahit bago palang? Just received the call earlier and upon reading other complaints nagsisi ako why i agreed. Hindi nila inexplain mabuti lahat, they just wanna earn from those people na kukuha ng policy. Hope someone could help me. I dont want to pay for a useless insurance.

Joanne Castillo Apr 02, 2019

@Carmina Joy San Agustin @SexyGaga Hi, same case ako kay Ms Carmina Joy. Last March 2nd or 3rd week they also called me. If possible po ba pwede bang icancel ko din yung insurance sa kanila under naman sa Family Shield naka auto deduct kasi sya sa rcbc credit card ko. Nag sisi talaga ako dahil di pala sya withdrawable if di daw magamit ang insurance hindi nila nasabi sakin yun nung nag conduct sila ng interview thur phone and di nila din nasabi na 1 yr ang policy contract.
    Please help me. May I also know your email. Please contact me at my email [email protected]

Carmina Joy San Agustin Mar 07, 2019

@SexyGaga Thank you so much. Sana macontact ko sila para macancel na before pa mag active. Naging interested kasi ako dahil sa hospital reimbursement once got sick, sabi pa ng agent any sickness dw kahit isang araw lang na confinement. Hindi naman daw kailangan na critical illness. Hindi ko agad narealize na parang naloko ako. Hopefully macancel agad yung insurance. Can you please send me the copy of your complaint letter? Para if hindi ko sila macontact, i would immediately send an email to IC. Thank you!

• Se
    SexyGaga Mar 07, 2019

@Carmina Joy San Agustin Hi maam. Parang bihira ako makakita ng nacoconfine dahil sa UTI. Yan din ang binigay na example sakin noon. Late ko na narealize na pag may UTI ka reresetahan ka lang naman ng antibiotic, no need for confinement. Kung kanina lang ikaw tinawagan pwede mo pa macancel yun. Ang alam ko meron silang 24 hrs before maactive ang insurance mo better call agad. Kung hindi naman sila pumayag (for sure mag aalibi sila) sasabihin nila na 1year pa bago mo pwede macancel etc etc. Sabihin mo wala naman sya nabanggit na 1yr member policy and wala ka pa rin copy ng policy. At kapag hindi kamo nila kinancel yun magrereklamo ka sa Insurance Commision (take note: lahat ng Insurance Agency ay iniiwasan mareklamo sa Insurance Commision) kaya kung mag matigas talaga sila tsaka ka gumawa ng complaint letter. Masesearch mo sa google kung kanino aaddress ang letter. May step by step dun sundan mo na lang. mabilis ang action ng Insurance Commision basta sundin mo yung process ng pag email. Kailangan klaro yung nirereklamo mo at kung anong action ang gusto mong gawin nila. Yung sakin kase may kumausap na sa YGC na taga IC para iinvestigate yung complaint ko kaya biglang bumait na ang YGC at kinancel na ang Insurance ko.

• Re
    reneil flores Mar 07, 2019

@SexyGaga Good day!

Ma'am, can you please send me po your copy of complaint letter that you've made for the cancellation of your insurance? I also want to cancel my Family Protect Elite. My email add is [email protected]
    Thank you so much Ma'am!

• Ms
    Ms. No Nane Mar 02, 2019

Hi po... Please send me a copy of your complaint... I want to cancel my insurance policy... [email protected] thank you so much!!!

Carissa Camile Decano Feb 22, 2019

@sexygaga hello maam, can you also please send me a copy of you letter of complaint po? Here's my email address : [email protected] Thank you so much!

• Ri
    rita monday Feb 07, 2019

SUBJECT: CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT ELITE

ATTENTION: MS. FLOR NOLASCO
    CUSTOMER SERVICE FAMILY PROTECT

REQUESTING CANCELLATION OF MY FAMILY PROTECT IN THE NAME OF SENORITA M. TONY WITH CARD NUMBER ENDING IN 5000, WHICH WAS AUTO CHARGED ON MY RCBC BANKARD. I'M NOT INTERSESTED ANYMORE.

SENORITA TONY

• Ni
    Nimfa Francia Feb 07, 2019

ANDAMI NA PALANG COMPLAINT SA INYO DI PA KAYO NAGBABAGO... ANO BA YAN!!!

• Ni
    Nimfa Francia Feb 07, 2019

ATTENTION : FAMILY PROTECT

REQUESTING FOR CANCELLATION OF MY FAMILY PROTECT IN THE NAME OF NIMFA F. FRIO, WITH CARD NUMBER ENDING 9008, WHICH AUTO CHARGED ON MY RCBC BANK CARD, SINCE IT' USELESS. GRABE DI KAYO MAKONTAK SINGIL LANG KAYO NG SINGIL. KAWAWA NAMAN KAMI PALAGI WALANG SUMASAGOT SA PHONE... PLS. LANG CANCELLED NYO NA DI MAGANDA SERBISYO NYO...

• Ro
    Rodge67 Jan 11, 2019

Anyone please help me cancel my policy contract. My email address is [email protected]

• Ha
    Hakugei12 Jan 10, 2019

Hello po, I need help din po. I want to cancel also my Family protect Elite. Until now wala pa din po aq narecieved na agreement. Last August po ako nagstart mag-join sa family protect. Please help po. Ilang beses na din po ako tumawag sa kanila pero wala pa di napapadala na policy/agreement. I decided to cancel it na din po because of many complaints. And lastly, wala namn po sa usapan na automatic ung renewal ng family protecr elite na yan. Please help po. Thanks.

• Ha
    Hannah Morano Jan 02, 2019

January 2, 2019

Good day!

With this letter, I hereby request the cancellation of my Family Protect Elite effective JANUARY 2019 which is auto-charged under RCBC Bankard Number 5179-****-****-0009.

Policy holder: HANNAH YAELLE M. MORANO
    Policy effective date: DEC 2018
    Premium due: Php 520.00
    Annual fee/term: Php 6, 240.00

This policy has been put into consideration to pursue, however, I came with the final decision of cancellation due to several financial difficulties

Your immediate action is needed.

Please acknowledge receipt hereof and effect the cancellation immediately. You may reach me through email address: [email protected]

Thank you and God bless!

Sincerely,

Hannah Yaelle M. Morano

• Th
    Thakz 15 Jul 01, 2019

@Hannah Morano Hi Ms. Hannah ask ko lang po kung na cancel na po ni YGC yung auto deduct sa RCBC Bankard nyo? Gusto ko rin po kasi ipancel or i pa change ng mode of payment kaso hindi daw po pede.

ALBERT25 Dec 27, 2018

December 28, 2018

ATTENTION: MS. FLOR NOLASCO
    CUSTOMER SERVICE FAMILY PROTECT

REQUESTING FOR THE CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT IN THE NAME OF MR. ALBERT B. BALBONA, RCBC ACCOUNT NO. [protected] FOR THE YEAR [protected]..

Chenni Allones Dec 06, 2018

Does anyone here claimed a refund on cancelling their family protect elite account? This insurance and company is very disappointing :(

Aldyn Pintoy Dec 11, 2018

@Chenni Allones @seygaga Mam Please send me po ng copy ng letter nyo.

• Re
    Regina Dunca Nov 27, 2018

@sexygaga good day ma'am.. can you please email me a copy of your complaint letter? I'am also having headaches on the family protect elite after my daughter was hospitalized..
    My email is [email protected]
    Please, please.. thanks..

• Ro
    Rosemerzel Nov 20, 2018

DEAR Ma'am,
    I would like to cancel my family potect insurance, and willing to pay the remaining months of payment please reply ASSAP..while i'm still here in philippines.im going to close my master bankcardand i cant process it due to this insurance so please reply this in my email add [email protected] or contact me this #[protected].for me to settle the remaining annual balance in any branch of RCBC

Thank you, and looking forward for your reply assap
    ROSALINA A.LUMASAG
    MASTERCARD BANKCARD HOLDER

Sanjo Sanjo Nov 15, 2018

YGC Malayan Insurance? a big NO! Please let it be known that do not let yourself be a victim like me. I asked cancellation and even asked the assistance of the Insurance Commission and with such Order from the later, but still the Malayan Insurance continually charging my RCBC Bankard.

Pure Business!!!

• Ey
    eyem_jaym Nov 11, 2018

REQUESTING FOR THE CANCELLATION OF FAMILY PROTECT ELITE IN THE NAME OF JAY ARMECIN MACABENTA.

chiochio Nov 06, 2018

Buti na lang pala di ko pinatos. An agent by the name of Eliza/Elisa Labrador called me yesterday and offered it to me since I am a RCBC Bankard holder. Although quite remarkably brilliant in sales talk, I was not impressed with and declined her offer because it was too good to be true. By the way, for those who were already "deceived" by YCG Malaya Insurance, you can call them at [protected] or e-mail them at [email protected]