Young ExplorersScam

V Review updated:

I ordered ~$400.00 in toys from Young Explorers on December 12, 2009. Some of the items were listed as "Out of Stock, due in soon." I paid extra for 2-day shipping, knowing that some of the items could not be shipped straightaway.

Only one item arrived 2 days later by express shipping. On the 19th, I checked back in on the website and found that the items that were "Due in soon" now had specific dates listed for when they would arrive in the warehouse. Most dates were in mid-January 2010, one was in April 2010, none were in December of 2009. I found a link on the website to view my order and found that other things had just shipped, but not by the 2nd-day air I had paid for. I also discovered, to my surprise, that one item had been cancelled. I had never received an email about the cancelled item. I called the company and 3 times in a row, after holding for 15 minutes, I was directed to a messaging system.

I called the company again today (12/23/09) to inquire about an item that was listed as shipped on the 18th but had not yet arrived. I was able to reach a representative. I remarked that I had paid for 2-day shipping and the representative said "No, you didn't." and when I argued that I had paid the extra money when I placed the order and that this was listed on my order form, she said "What's your point?" and then hung up on me.

• Ta
    TANYA ACHHRA Jun 14, 2010

i had subscribed for young explorer school magazine and it was told that during vacation time the magazine would be sent to our respective homes. but during the whole summer vacation (April, May. June) i did not receive even a single magazine. kindly see to it and do the needful.

• Ev
    everllong Jul 30, 2010

All of the following catalogs trace back to the physical address listed below:

Potpourri Group Inc

Chelmsford, Massachusetts 01824
    [protected] Fax -- [protected]

• Sl
    SlatkaMala72 May 29, 2011

It's nice to know which catalogs are associated with an unsavory business. Thank you.

• Pe
    PepperGator Dec 27, 2011

Ordered $300.00 worth of toys from young explorers on November 22, 2011. One week before Christmas everything had arrived but one item. I made three email inquiries and called only to find that the specific person in charge of shipping that item was not in. They took a message and said that they would return my call. It is now December 27th, 2011, no return phone call. Also the quality of one toy was extremely poor and cannot be put together as instructed, one item was the wrong item, and another item a book called Walter the Farting Dog came with a stuffed dog that is supposed to fart (which my 8 year old son and 4 year daughter would have found too funny), however it does not...not much you can do when the company won't respond with customer service. Disappointed, but not as disappointed as my children.

• Lu
    Luvbub Dec 20, 2018

I placed an order on December 8, 2018 and called to check on where my order was. I was told that my cc was declined and they
    DID NOT NOTIFY ME OF SAME, so therefore the order just sat there. Called customer service and after "trying" to communicate
    with FOUR reps who I found out were not located in the US, I asked to be connected to someone in the good ole USA. I found
    out from the rep in the US that the person in the Philippines who took my order screwed it up badly - incorrect information
    recorded therefore, my cc was declined. After confirming the cc number with the US rep, all was in order however, ended
    up paying an extra $40.00 for overnight shipping because the YOUNG EXPLORERS rep screwed it up. Mr. Mark Fleischmann
    who is the owner cannot be found and there is no Headquarter listing so can't call the corporate headquarters, nor can
    the reps!!! I also ordered a gift card and the rep said they cannot call the home office (which is where they are shipped from)
    to have them overnight it especially when the original rep screwed up the order. Shame on Mr. Fleischmann for number one,
    employing folks in other countries to obviously save money and make more for himself - great for the US economy right and secondly, not addressing any of the complaints I've seen. I am planning to file a claim in small claims court as I want my money back
    and for the frustration I encountered dealing with this company. Every employee I talked to obviously dislikes they way
    they are treated.