Menu

YES! Communities review: Charging too much for trash pick up

K
Author of the complaint
1:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I live at Shadow Mountain in Sherman, Texas.
I have been here since 2018.

Our trash is included in with the rent every month on our invoice.
Originally the trash amount was 12.50 per can per month.
Then around November 2020 it changed to $60/month ($30 per can).

I noticed not that since June 2021 that I am being charged a total of $72 ($36 per can) a month for trash.

The city of Sherman residential trash pick up fee is $12.50 per can / per month.

I called Shadow Mountain office about 10 times in June regarding this matter and had to leave an URGENT message each time for the manager Felix to return my call ASAP. I have not yet received a returned call (like always). We have such an unprofessional management team here with poor communication skills and ever worse management skills!
So, I sent an email to the office for Felix, which was replied to 3 days later, yet NOT by Felix.
I was told by the management in that email that I am being charged the commercial price for trash which is $36/per can =$72 a month.

I DO NOT RUN ANY TYPE OF COMMERCIAL BUSINESS OUT OF MY HOME.

I am not commercial. I should not be charged commercial prices.

The community office trash may be a commercial pick up site, but MY trailer home that I am RENTING, as my primary residence, from YES Communities is NOT a commercial unit.

I do not feel this is right to charge me $72 a month for trash when I am living in a residential home. Not a commercial business.
I notified management that I will take my trash outside city limits and burn it myself rather than pay $72 a month for trash pick up. I was informed that this was not an option, and that the trash fees would still be charged, weather I used the trash services or not. Wait... WHAT!?

Think about this a minute, $72 a month for trash, per home within the community...
There is like around 205 +/- homes in this park.

$72x205=$14, 760 a month that this community is collecting just for the trash bill?!

That is INSANE! I will contact the City of Sherman Waist Management Superintendent to confirm the amount the community is charged for the residential trash pickup within the community.
I would like to discuss this issue with YES communities to resolve this over charge for trash. If necessary, I will notify my attorney of this matter to ensure all guidelines and regulations are being followed by both YES Communities as well as the City of Sherman.

Aug 29, 2021 6:16 pm EDT

And waiting...

Aug 26, 2021 10:20 pm EDT

STILL WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM YES COMMUNITIES...

Aug 23, 2021 11:26 pm EDT

I am still waiting for an update with an explanation of this $72 trash bill. I guess your company is not as dedicated to their costomer satisfaction as you say you are. This is a big deal and I've been pushed aside like its nothing.
I would NOT recommend anyone to move into a YES communities park unless you want to be taken advantage of.

Aug 18, 2021 1:53 am EDT

Besides this trash pickup overcharge issue i'm having with yes,
I got a call from yes management today asking me when I will be paying my aug rent...
Wait... what the f?
I dropped my aug rent payment off in the form of a personal check to the yes office staff personally! in person! hand to hand transaction! in the community office!... in person!
What the heck?! yall dont process the rent payment as it is received or what?
Yes I was late on getting my payment to yall, but the office staff was made aware of the delay in payment on the 1st of aug, I paid my rent (and late fees) on aug 12th, as agreed upon on the 1st.
Its been 6 days now since I handed over that payment to the managers office... in person, I remind you...
So, after receiving this call today, I directly called my bank, then I attempted to call the yes community manager back, the one that had just called me, and guess what... no answer, no returned call, nothing...
Where in the hell is my rent payment? come on now..

Aug 18, 2021 1:36 am EDT

I have not yet been contacted with an update. I was told by yes on aug 6th that they would give me an update by the following week... its now aug 18th and go figure, no update, no response... just like I said before, yes communities does not address issues or return any calls, emails, etc... I am not surprised... this is so unprofessional! you should be named no, instead of yes... I am a very unsatisfied resident.

Aug 11, 2021 10:55 pm EDT

That would be great. Thank you so much.

More YES! Communities complaints & reviews

YES! Communities - dont ever mess with these people they are ripoffs
YES! Communities - manager/tyrant
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
YES! Communities - do not move here!
YES! Communities - incredily lousy landlords