YellowPages.comcancel contract

A Review updated:

Has anybody been able to cancel there contract with YellowPages.com? It seems like they are a real pain in the butt to deal with! They told me $390 for 90 clix per month but are charging me $508! Plus I havent gotten one call, quote or email as a result from them. So I am just interested in checking in on what has happened to the rest of you? Please let me know at [protected]@aiahealthquotes.com

jordanewert Jul 06, 2009

I am in the same situation. I use google analytics and can see how much referrals yellow pages gets me. They are way too expensive for the little work they actually do. The fact that they lock you in a contract and promised me results feels like a scam. If you are able to cancel your service please let me know!

• Ha
    Hanna M. Jagow, MA, LPC Jul 21, 2009

I called the Federal Trade Commission yesterday and filed a complaint. They do not intervene in individual cases, but they are happy to compile a list of complaints and when they see a pattern developing, especially across state lines, they will act.

www.ftc.gov

Let your fingers do the walking...to justice for a change...

• Te
    Tesseract257 Aug 08, 2009

Yellowpages.com is the most worthless advertising investment a company could ever make. All a business needs is an updated Google Business listing which is 100% FREE. Keep this business listing updated, and keep your website current and your customers will find you.

Also beware of the auto-renewal clause in the yellowpages print and internet advertising contracts. You may tell your sales rep that you do not want to renew, but if you do not do so in writing (with registered mail, return receipt) Yellowpages will automatically renew your advertising contract for another year and your sales rep will automatically get another commission of of you and your worthless ad.

Beware after you mail a notice of non-renewal to yellowpages you will get tons of calls from AT&T and its L. M. Berry minions demanding that you continue to do business with them.. Just say no to worthless advertising, say no to yellowpages and yellowpages.com!

• So
    someonefrustrated Sep 16, 2009

I need to cancel my yellowpages.com ad!! I never signed a contract, but agreed to an 18 month contract over the phone. I faxed a letter to cancellations with many reasons why, but they just referred me to customer service. Help!!

• Sc
    scarlettsmommy Oct 10, 2009

After a 4 month battle, with my phone number, address & ad being completely wrong. I found out my ad was not canceled either, they just suspend it. When you come back, you have to pay an increase. But, to the best of my knowledge it is impossible to cancel an ad. I called customer service they told me only the rep who sold me the ad could cancel it & I had to contact them. They are no longer with the company. I called back to customer service & they told me to call a manager. They want to sell me a bigger program. YOU CAN'T CANCEL.

BTW, they published my home address, my cell phone and put in my competitors logos. Just because I listed them in my key words. They are a mammoth that is not easily moved.

• Kg
    kgulley Dec 07, 2009

Please contact the FTC at [protected] because if they get enough reports like this they will reopen their investigation of billing practices at AT&T.

• Re
    rexs Jan 21, 2010

I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages.com. I was looking online and I have found a website that you can setup a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com I hope this helps you out. Have a nice day.

• My name is Mathew Korba. I am the owner of Blue Ribbon Auto Glass Llc in Tacoma, Wa. I too attempted to advertise with the YPConnect program (yellow pages on-line), marketed by AT&T advertising. We are currently seeking businesses and individuals who have not received the services promised by Yellowpages.com Llc as sold by AT&T Advertising Solutions to partipate in a class action suite. The purpose of the suite is to recover financial losses incurred by mis-leading sales tactics and Yellowpages.com Llc's inability to deliver it's product as advertised. You are encouraged to participate.
    Please cal [protected] or email [protected]@comcast.net for more information

• I want to thank all the wonderful individuals who have taken their time to respond to our comment/complaint and, apologize to those whom we have not returned contact. Your response (needless to say) has been over whelming. AT&T-Yellowpages.com and Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc. have mutually agreed to terminate our contract and we have received a full refund. This does not excuse AT&T's misrepresentation of their product or unconscionable behavior. Nor does this make-up for our total financial losses. However, at this time we are not pursuing our law suite.

If I could pass on what this experience has shown me, I would say to, Not go quietly into the night. Let your voice be heard. File your complaint with as many organizations outside of ATT's control as possible. The BBB, Federal Trade commission, State Attorney Generals Office etc... If you are paying with a credit/debit card, STOP PAYMENT NOW! And dispute the charges with your card company (AT&T must prove their charges are valid to the card company and are not allowed to contact the person or business disputing the charges about the amount disputed until it is settled). If they do so, file a complaint with your card company (Visa/MC/AMEX/DC) not your bank. If you have been sent to collections, dispute the validity of the original bill. Make AT&T prove they provided the service. Your contract is for clicks, not calls. AT&T must show a preponderance of proof that your clicks are in accordance with your specific contract. The plain and simple truth is they can not. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE THE SERVICE STATED IN YOUR CONTRACT, THE CONTRACT IS NOT VALID. Finally, USE the experience and advice given on the complaint board. It is a great resource!

Mathew Korba
    Blue Ribbon Auto Glass, Llc.

• Pi
    Pinnacle Roofing Sep 26, 2014

I own a small roofing company that is just getting started, and I needed to generate some leads and get the company name out in the public.
    I decided to contact the Yellow pages to see if they would be able to help me advertise and generate some leads.
    Big mistake, I signed a contract for a year, yet I haven't seen not one lead or call and I'm been charged $1, 000.00 a month.
    I need help I can't afford to pay yellow pages this outrages amount per month with out any results back.
    Thank you.

• Ta
    Taxpert Dec 02, 2014

Yellow Pages Group Canada sales representative calls me for their online paid advertisement last year. I thought perhaps I can try their service for one month. The representative made tall claims and said that I can only try for a minimum of one year. I agreed over the phone to try their service for a year. After the completion of one full year in September 2014, I received a new invoice for October 2014. I call the Yellow Pages Group to find out why have they sent me an invoice when I had never asked for the renewal. Their response was that it automatically renews according to their policy.

Well, I was never told by their rep that they will automatically renew it each year. The customer service guys insist on saying that it's a part of the contract. As a matter of fact I never signed any "contract" per say, everything was just over the phone.

I have no use to this service I certainly do not want to continue with yellow pages paid online advertisement. The guy told me that this service could only be canceled by the person who handles my account. Ironically, if I wanted to add new features that could be done over the phone, however, if I wanted to cancel the service, which I never authorized in the first place, they could not do it. So it turned out that the person who originally sold me this service is not working anymore and this new guy named handles my account. They transferred me to his phone and I left message on his voicemail on Oct 22, 2014. I never received a call from him. I again called on October 23rd, and again no response from him. I yet again called him October 28, and still no response

I filed a complain with the Better Business Bureau. I received a phone call from Yellow Pages representative after 15 days of my filing a complain with BBB but unfortunately I missed that call. I called her back twice within a span of 10 days and yet again no response. I finally left a third message on her voice-mail and this time I did receive a call from her. However, she flatly refused to cancel this so called "automatic renewal" stating that someone from Yellow Pages left a message on my voice mail that this contract will be renewed. Based on that message Yellow Pages cannot cancel this "autonomic renewal" contract. Now they keep on sending me these invoices for a totally useless service that I never authorized to be renewed in the fist place. This whole episode is really frustrating.

• Ca
    Cazador Equestrian Sep 28, 2015

This is happening to me right now! Numerous calls, complaints to BBB, spoken to managers who simply say: we dont want to cancel you so you have no options, youre stuck. Has anyone had any luck getting out of this? I havent received the services I requested but Im getting bills. The CSR's language is offensive and abusive. This is the most horrendous customer service I have ever seen!

Ann-2015 Nov 05, 2015

Anyone would like to cancel contact me at [email protected] We offer a service to rid yourself of YP.

• Wh
    WhitniCS Feb 17, 2016

YP is the most unethical, unprofessional company I have ever had the experience of dealing with. The run around they give you is a sure sign of the fraud they commit. I will be reaching out to all suggested entities to attempt to rectify my situation, which is to no surprise pretty similar to all of the posts here. A class action suit should be started against this fraudulent, deceptive company.
    Outrage is an understatement for the time wasted with my 10 hrs plus worth of phone calls and emails. In which, I was always told, "I'm so sorry, mam, I'll take care of your request right away. LIERS!!! Its 2016, they won't continue to get away with their misinformation and contractual trickery.

• Yp
    YP Advertising Feb 18, 2016

Hi, WhitniCS,

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and I want to make it right. Would you mind sending us an email with your contact information and account number or business phone number at [protected]@yp.com, so we may assist you with your concerns?

Kindest Regards,
    YP

• Iv
    IvanR Feb 29, 2016

I am also trying to get out of a contract with yellow pages. They are charging us $2400 a month but they are only bringing in 4 percent of our business. The amount we are paying them is more than half of our advertising budget. We can't even get a hold of our account manager. He is never in. Yellow Pages is a living nightmare to deal with.

• Up
    Upset with YP Apr 13, 2016

We are having the same problem with yellow pages cancelling our automatic renewal ad. the yp account representative said he cannot cancel it and referred us to his supervisor who could When we try to call him countless times he will not answer and his voice mail is not set up. The account representative Ivan Jones was unbelievably rude. We told him numerous times to cancel the ad and he acted like we never said a word he just kept repeating his sales pitch. I've never experienced any company like this before. I don't see how they stay in business. Yp is a has been. They give you the run around and scam you out of money and provide no service.

• Ci
    Cicciu Mar 04, 2017

@Upset with YP Hi I am in the same situation and under a 1 year contract. Not sure if you have gotten out of it yet? Let me know what you did?

Chaz Mrcarman Hubbart Feb 24, 2017

Same story here, was lied to on the phone, they put me in a "Contract" and charge me $500.00 monthly. I plan to challenge their charges with my bank and change my card info. I can't believe a company like YP is doing people this way. I will make sure my situation is publicly known.

• Ci
    Cicciu Mar 04, 2017

@Chaz Mrcarman Hubbart Hi I am in the same situation. trying to get out of a verbal contact that i don"t need anymore because my business is closed down. Not sure if i can get out of it?

Jared Taylor Mar 06, 2017

I'm in the same situation. I'm with yellow pages Canada and I've been trying to get out of it for months.
    The person who originally sold it to me is of course, no longer working in that department.
    The services started before they were suppose to.
    I'm suppose to have Facebook managed by them and yet i am still doing it myself 6 months later.
    I've gotten 4 phone calls, all under 7 seconds
    YP analytics says they've sent 48 people to my website while my website only shows 1 being referred
    I had an associate rudely tell me that there was actually 2 calls and one was for 15 minutes. I checked later that night, no such call shows up on YPA.
    My ad is now showing up as how the free ads do, even tho I'm still paying for the LL2
    My views dropped by 1000 a month as soon as I was no longer able to keep app with payments and I can't afford to advertise anywhere else
    My original rep told me cancelling was possible, when contacting the number he gave me they just spoke to me like i was an idiot who didn't understand contracts.
    I've never reached my estimated calls.
    I'm only shown in London, Ont and not even in my home town or when searched near by.
    The statue of Fraud, Section 2 states that verbal contracts over $500 are non binding. I could choose to cancel anytime as long as I pay whats owed at the time.
    Contracts in general require that both parties give up something in return. It seems I give up a lot of money and they don't do anything.

Google adwords express gets me over 1000% more views, 300% more leads to my site, and at only 20% of the cost.

• Je
    Jenn Raymond Nov 02, 2018

@Jared Taylor Did you ever get this resolved? I can't believe the trouble I am having with them. Hamilton Ontario

• Er
    Erika Bentley Mar 08, 2017

I can't believe they get away with what they do over at YP. I am disputing charges on my card after zero legitimate business calls in 3 months and they have refused to let me out of the contract. When they push back, I will start posting "SCAM" reviews everywhere.

Sam Schaefer Apr 11, 2017

They are a huge scam. They called my mother, confused her into agreeing verbally to the contract. They even put us under the wrong heading. Tried to call and cancel, told they will refund us for the months we were under towing, when we are a repair shop only, no one will call back. It can't be legal to have a "Verbal only" Contract agreement. DO NOT agree to anything with YP. They will screw you hard.

• Thryv Aug 10, 2017

@Sam Schaefer Hi Sam - I'm sorry to hear of this matter and apologize for the lack of follow up. If this matter still hasn't been addressed and resolved, please reply here or via email at [protected]@yp.com providing the business owner's name, business name/address, and a preferred contact number and email for prompt follow up. Thank you, Ed!

• Dr
    Drockk Jun 30, 2017

I have a small painting business and I'm giving YP all of my advertising money. The sales lady promised me that all my calls would be for leads for projects 15 min from my house and for specific work that I do. I have been with them for 6 months and I've paid over $1, 600.00, I revived 1 lead for a small project and they ended up not having the work done. I've called and emailed my YP contact multiple times and she gets defensive and keeps telling me that YP is working for me. How can they take my money and not deliver what that sold me. Because I'm giving them all my advertising money for the year, the last 6 months has literally killed my business and YP doesn't care.

• Thryv Aug 10, 2017

@Drockk Hi - We hate to hear of the dissatisfaction surrounding your account. Please reply here or via email at [protected]@yp.com providing your name, business name/address, and a preferred contact number and email for prompt follow up. Thank you, Ed!

• He
    Heather Latham Jul 27, 2017

I will be calling the FTC now. I am sick of this. Scared I cannot get out of the contract. Will also report them to BBB. Sending an email to [protected]@yp.com. Don't really expect any response. Does anyone have an address to mail my cancellation notification...certified, return receipt requested? They are not going to get another penny out of me. Thank you to the one person who did manage to get out, for the EXCELLENT information. At least I don't feel I'm alone in this fight any more!

• Thryv Aug 10, 2017

@Heather Latham Hi Heather - I'm sorry to hear of this matter and the dissatisfaction outlined. I was notified that you've been contacted and the matter addressed. Thank you, Ed.

• Yp
    YPneedstoGO Oct 16, 2017

Wow. So many people with the same experience. I wish I would have known this before we agreed to spend thousands of dollars a month. Our business has suffered significantly since advertising with YP. What a total sham. Our attorney is currently trying to get us out of the contract. It wont be easy, but we are going to do everything we can. This has been a nightmare.

• Thryv Nov 09, 2017

@YPneedstoGO Hi -

I'm sorry to know of your dissatisfaction regarding your account. If you could, please reply via email at [protected]@DexYP.com providing your business name, address and preferred contact number for prompt follow up.

Thanks,
    Ed

Anderson Anodizing Jun 26, 2018

I've been a customer of Yellow Pages for 18 - 19 years. Tried to cancel my Media advertising because I've noticed that they are not the first or even fourth listing on any web browser. I pay $62.00 month for nothing... have to wait for 10 months while they collect $620.00 of my hard earned money. I understand this is my fault for not cancelling sooner, I guess I have a contract that renews without a signature, but let's get real here, who even picks up a paper copy of the Yellow Pages, do they even exit, I haven't seen one for years... it's all online and Yellow Pages is, like my title says, Archaic - no longer relevant... If you have a good website, and now with Googles help, a search will bring you to the 1st page easily without YellowPages help. Sadly disappointed!! Live and Learn... make sure you cancel early with these people, they are highway robbers, LOL!!

• Thryv Jul 11, 2018

@Anderson Anodizing Hi - We hate to hear of the dissatisfaction outlined regarding your account experience. If you could, please email us at [protected]@DexYP.com providing your business name, address and telephone number. Our Client Care Team will look into your concerns and do their best to try and resolve for you. Thank you - Ed

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices