Wyzant.comAbusive clause and potentially discriminatory practices

R

Don't waste your time applying to WyzAnt as I just experienced their abusive clause and potentially discriminatory practices. I applied online and exceeded all the conditions and expectations listed in their job offer. I also scored 100% on WyzAnt skills tests. Nevertheless, my application was denied. I can understand that, but I required some explanation from WyzAnt. I contacted the company by phone and email. A "ticket" and "case number" was opened and I expected a reply from a representative. I copy/pasted here the reply I got, for your own appreciation: "The decision to deactivate your WyzAnt tutor account was made in accordance with our terms and conditions, which are available for review on WyzAnt.com. WyzAnt considers this decision to be final and a representative will not be made available to further discuss this matter. Sincerely, The WyzAnt Profile Review Team" I reviewed the terms and conditions WyzAnt refers to in what I consider being a bold and shameful reply, and it includes the following: "WyzAnt may provide notice to Users via email, regular mail, or posting notices or links to notices on the Site. WyzAnt reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or terminate the services (or any part thereof), and/or use of or access to them, with or without notice. WyzAnt may also delete, or bar access to or use of, all related information and files. WyzAnt will not be liable to Users or any third-party for any modification, suspension, or termination of service, or loss of related information. WyzAnt may amend these Terms at any time by posting the amended terms on this Site." (art. 21 of WyzAnt Terms). For your full understanding of the situation, let me also underline that I did not infringe any of WyzAnt terms, and I did not post any inappropriate content on my profile and application. Yet, it was denied. Once again, I can totally accept a NO to a job application, I just ask for an explanation when I meet all criteria, when I usually get a YES from similar job offers, when my skills have been proven through 15+ years of experience and satisfied clients/students. I took 5 minutes of my time to share with you how WyzAnt actually operates. I hope this helps you make your own judgement on this company and service.