www.freelancer.comfake projects and identity

C

Attention: beware of the projects to bid on the website freelancer.com. There are project looking for a freelance writer for reviews, blogs and online marketing. Most of the projects offered like that are fakes and lots of fake identities. They encourage freelancers to write positive affirmations for their websites in exchange of money. Some paid cheaper and some higher, for how much cost is that... Still their ways are too cheap. The purpose of encouraging freelancers to write for them is that, they can attract prospect customers/clients to join the business or networking through online. Freelancers can be of use to the projects offered fake services to boost the confidence of the future customers/clients. Prospect customers/clients would thought the business is reliable because of lots of positive comments from their site, without knowing that positive comments were wrote by freelancers. Did you get me? In other words, affirmative comments are fakes too. Affirmative comments wrote not because customers were satisfied of products and services offered for them, but because it was written just to attract you... The prospect customer. I hope this would get you knowledge about the different tactics on networking or any marketing business on the net, before you leap to act.

Here is the following email that one of the projects offered in www.freelancer.com is fake :

The above site has mailed to one of the freelancers who accepted the offer. They instructed to make a fake identity in order to get a u. S. Identity by acquiring free vpn in this website http://hotspotshield.com. the rest of it is yours to decide…would you still accept that offer? For the freelancers there who accepted that kind of offer, are you that desperate to do that? At least once in your life time, that incredible ability in writing of yours wouldn’t be thrown in a trash…please instead of accepting the offer and trick others, report them immediately. Or share your knowledge on that kind of activity so that consumers on the net might aware.

RESOLVED

• Freelancer.com's response · Jul 03, 2013

Hi Ferey,

This is Linus of Freelancer.com. We are doing our best to validate all projects posted in our site. However, we do not have the option to know the real intention of all our users. Which is why we ask freelancers to ask more details through the Project's Clarification Board before bidding. This option is available to all projects.

If you need assistance, you can send an email to [email protected] and ask to be forwarded to me so I can handle it personally.

Kind regards,

• Freelancer.com's response · Jul 01, 2013

Hi Manzar beykirizi,

This is Linus of Freelancer.com. The verification process is implemented as part of our security measures on the site, in order to prevent identity theft and fraud. I understand the inconvenience that occurs when accounts are limited or placed into verification, however it is a necessary step. This is why we urge users to visit the Verification Center to lift account limitations right away. If you have any more concerns, please send an email to [email protected] and ask to be forwarded to me so I can handle it personally.

Kind regards,

• Freelancer.com's response · Jun 22, 2013

Hi A Cheated writer,

This is Linus from Freelancer.com. We understand the unfavorable experience you have had with a freelancer and we would like to review your case. Can you please send an email to [email protected] and ask the ticket to be forwarded to me so I can personally look into your issue?

Thanks,

Linus C

• Freelancer.com's response · Jun 20, 2013

Hi mactom2012,

This is Linus from Freelancer.com. I would be glad to address your inquiries and concern. Can you please send an email to [email protected], provide your username and ask the ticket to be forwarded to me so I can personally look into your issue?

Thanks,

• Freelancer.com's response · Jan 02, 2010

Hi there

Our admins cancelled that project as soon as we noticed it.

If you have any outstanding issues please contact us below:

We have a customer support email at:
    customer-support [at] getafreelancer.com

Suspended users can still log into the support system.

Our contact details are as follows for any further followup:

Freelancer.com

Australia

Email: legal [at] freelancer.com

• Am
    Amit_Mishra1912 Aug 22, 2019

They create fake client profiles, posts large amount projects, awards them to a freelancer, take 10% of the amount as freelancer.com fee (where the freelancer who accepted the job haven't got a single $ from the client.), cancel/delete the project or suspend/delete fake client profile and earn smartly.

Chat Conversation Start

Internet Company
    3:06 PM
    Freelancer Technology / Freelancer.com / Getafreelancer.com — accepted offer of a project and got charged $150 as freelancer fee

Hello, Amit.
    Let me check on this.
    What's your username?
    amitmishra2u

What's the project ID or the username of the employer?

As I see here, the employer "piotrbbb" is the one who deleted the project.
    Their account is also still active.
    I also see that you were able to communicate with the employer outside our website through a third party app.
    Please note that communication outside our website is a violation of our terms and conditions.
    This is why you received a warning via email from us.
    It is best if you will always use the Private Message Board as your means of communication because any transaction and communication conducted offsite are unsafe and beyond the scope of our support.
    he wanted to have a call and screenshare to show me the work he wanted thats why we need to go outside freelancer

This being said, we have no way to check if both parties are still communicating, and if the project has been completed outside of our site and whether or not payment has been made through other means.
    Therefore, we would be firm in implementing our policy about the project fees being non-refundable regardless of the project's status.
    but his requirement was something different then I supposed and thats why we havent got this work done and after requesting him for so many days he have cancelled the project
    sir why you will bother about the project as you have already got the fee
    where as other platforms only charges fee to freelancers when they get money from the client
    you charge the client when they submit the job or when their job got accepted by some freelancer that is good but what the freelancer do if after the fee deduction the client gone

You're the one who initiated the offsite communication. You sent a message to the employer saying "s-k-y-p-pe".
    By spelling Skype like that, I'm sure you're aware that offsite communication is against our Terms and Conditions.
    However, you still circumvented our chat by spelling it that way.
    this chat was before he awarded the job to me
    if you can see
    and he awarded the job on freelancer
    if I had to take it outside then why would we have paid you fee?

Before or not, you still violated our Terms and Conditions.
    That does not change.
    we freelancers also need security thats why we trust you
    if the project is cancelled by the client without paying a single $
    why should we freelancers bear the fee ?

Because we charge a project fee.
    from both client and freelancer
    then ask the client to pay me the fee I got charged by freelancer.com on accepting his offer

The project fee is charged after a freelancer "accepts" a project.
    yes sir thats what I am saying

When a freelancer is awarded a project, they have 36 hours to decide on accepting or rejecting it.
    what is the surity that the client was not a fake client created by freelancer.com itself?

You can chat and discuss the project's details within those 36 hours.

During the 36 hours, you can ask the employer to complete their account verification.
    that can be done by the people of freelancer.com as well
    I am asking how to know if the client is fake or real?
    how to find if the profile is not created by freelancer.com
    why should I pay the fee if I am not earning a single $

If you're basing everything on that conspiracy theory of yours, then anything I say will just be you saying "How can we be sure that it not freelancer.com making fake accounts".
    So what's the point of this discussion.
    I am already paying you membership fee every month

Paying a membership fee doesn't mean that you can violate our Terms and Conditions.
    if I am getting the job awarded on freelancer.com and freelancer.com taking a 10% fee then who is responsible if the freelancer not got paid a single $ even after paying $150 to looting freelancer.com?

Under normal circumstances, we would have given you a refund of the project fee once the project has been canceled. However, since you communicated outside our website, we will not be refunding the project fee.
    As I've mentioned earlier, we have no way to check if both parties are still communicating, and if the project has been completed outside of our site and whether or not payment has been made through other means.
    I knew it everything being done on freelancer.com where they dont have screensharing option at all so that client and freelancer can do everything over there without going to any 3rd party app and if they do this then freelancer's polity got spoiled and you cant claim for refund
    very very very good
    can you show me where the hell freelancer.com have screensharing option?
    even fraud freelancer.com does not allow to call the client before accepting the offer
    what happened?
    not able to find the screensharing option on freelancer.com
    ???

• St
    stacyclark95 Jul 14, 2017

I am a freelancer from freelancer.com I was a victim of a employer by the name bassonjames he had me do a weeks worth of work I summited everything used the hour tracker through freelancer that was supposed to ensure payment and this person unverified his payment method the day I was supposed to get paid and I was robbed of 744 dollars all together he blocked me refuses contact and support would do nothing about this I'm so very angry and even supplied proof of my work and unpaid invoice and no compensation was given or offered they told me basically oh well look out for this bassonjames he's just trying to get people to do his work for with no intent of payment!!!

• Fr
    FreelancerIsASCAM Aug 01, 2016

• Am
    ammue04 Jan 03, 2015

Thank you. Before start the bid with freelancer.com, I saw this feedback. I wont be bid any project from freelancer.
    I'm looking earn some money via online/web. But I could not select the correct way which one is best and honest. I tring to get the google adsene and it is failed due to my account submission has been failed.
    Guys can any one share the idea to me. my contact mail id: [email protected]

• Bi
    Bigdognec Dec 22, 2014

Yes, this does seem to be the case recently. They also have one of the most unhelpful customer service staff you can find. Best to open a ticket with them or use social media to find what the issue is.

marylaax Dec 12, 2014

I have a freelancer.com account that has been limited the day that freelancer.com should transfer my money that I had withdraw it.
    and when I sent my documents to verify my account they rejected all of them even my ID card!! I think something sounds wierd and I am affriad that freelancer want to take my money that I gain by projects that I have done in freelancer, com for himself.And I see this is not the first time that happens.by searching on the internet I saw many people has this problem with this website.
    Please help me to solve this problem

• K1
    k_1986 Jun 21, 2014

You were lucky to get your fee back at least. I lost 80 GBP on a 40 GBP milestone - 3 months after the client had released it. I created half a dozen tickets, and also talked to one person on live chat - none of them were helpful. Till 2011-13, website used to be reliable, but now I have decided to shift to elance.

• Br
    brightmoontr Jun 14, 2014

YOU ALL MAKING STORY, YOU DONT HELP, MY MONEY STUCKED ON MY ACCOUNT PLUS HAD A DISPUTE NEALY 1 MONTH BUT NO RESULT...PLEASE DO NOT TYPE HERE AS IF YOU HELP PEOPLE...I AM SO REGRET THAT I REGISTER YOUR SITE AND GOT VERY LOW VALUE BY YOU PLUS MY MONEY...

rafflesitpark May 20, 2014

Better to some extent... as atlease I got my fee back..

WillCfromfreelancer.com May 19, 2014

Hello rafflesitpark,

I have made a follow up response on your ticket. Kindly check your email.

Thank you and have a good day.

rafflesitpark May 19, 2014

I already sent an email but it doesn't work for me... you didn't solve it...

WillCfromfreelancer.com May 17, 2014

Hello rafflesitpark,

This is Will from Freelancer.com and I would like to help you with your withdrawal concerns. Just send an email at [email protected] along with your username and the details of your concern.

I look forward to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Will

rafflesitpark Apr 07, 2014

Even same thing happened here,
    whenever I put it for withdrawal request, they won't bother only at the time of transferring from their account they worry about it and create problems to us... I didn't understand how do they don't know in 2 weeks of time that the payment is not from a reliable source but they know it in one day that is on Monday... because they have to transfer the funds from their account... These freelacner.com people are introducing these frauds to us and making us to accept the projects and thus charging us and taking our money and leaving these frauds finally... this is how freelacner.com site works...

rafflesitpark Apr 07, 2014

I too agree with this, ,
    these people are fraud... and took money always from both the parties...

WillCfromfreelancer.com Apr 02, 2014

Hello vineet5488,

This is Will from Freelancer.com. I can see that you have an issue in withdrawing the funds in your account. I would like to help you by reviewing on what had happened. Please send an email at [email protected] with the details of your concern along with your username.

I will be waiting for your email.

• Vi
    vineet5488 Mar 27, 2014

They are so good in charging money but when the time come for withdrawal they give lame execuses.
    I worked on 8 projects.
    When i gave a withdraw request after 15 days they cancelled it without even telling me.
    When i asked them about it they said the employer is not following the guidelines of freelancer.com.
    What is my fault if the employer is not following there guidelines.
    I talked to employer he said i have already paid you.
    They are cheater. They deducted $50 from me without any reasons when I withdraw the fund and not ready to back the fund in my account. When i asked them about it no reply comes from their side.

Now what i can do? i suppose nothing . There should be some company who can visualize what these people are doing.

• Al
    aliasqar Feb 18, 2014

many other accounts that have iranian passport have limited also they aren't in Iran too!!!
    but freelancer trapped they money, they live in usa, uk, and other countries but freelcer didn't respond to them.
    More than 10 people I know that have this issue only from Iran.

Manzar beykirizi Jun 30, 2013

Freelancer.com is truly a scam site.
    after my first withdraw request they limited my account and asked for some documents, I uploaded that documents and my account verified but after that every time that I requested a withdraw they canceled my withdraw and supports are just like a robot that just says click on this link, after some days they limited my account again for no reason and again the support system wasn't responsible for that.
    I uploaded the documents again and a message appears that we will review this documents in 48 hours, but they didn't, some days passed and I saw no response from them, and also every time they closed my ticked and did not answered
    they just stole 500 usd from my account !

mactom2012 Apr 05, 2013

Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder). Here is a company that verifies a client's financial standing/sources and marks them as financially verified on their profiles before allowing them to hire people through their website. The scamming starts when the verified client pays for a project and then Freelancer.com takes their cut and refuses to pay the rest to the Freelancer (who has worked her a** off probably for weeks). Is this not a scam especially when the reason given for this is that the client's finances were still being verified?

This is scamming of contractors since the client has already got their service and Freelancer.com has already deducted its commissions. Mathew (Matt) Barrie or someone in the finance/billing department ought to address these issues as critical and not just hire Filipinos who do not even have direct access to the concerned departments and who get paid to tell you to wait indefinitely or to search through and quote pre-written terms and conditions and pre-written responses.

"Ms Michelle Hammond once published an article titled "Freelancer.com founder dismisses scam claims" (If you do like to read it, you need to register. It is free, simple and they deserved it as they signalized that Freelancer.com may have its very bad side). Since the posting of this article there have been thousands of complaints raised on similar issues See here; /link removed/ and one wonders if this is not a sign that the low level support team at Freelancer.com has the capacity to address these issues."

My main concerns;
    - Why should Freelancer.com mark a client as Financially Verified if the client is not?

- Why should Freelancer.com block withdrawals of finances that are already in a contractor's account and yet make deductions of their service fees if the client funds source is questionable?

- Why should they block contractors from withdrawing funds long after the projects have successfully ended and positive feedback has been given to the client if this is not supposed to be their trap for the next contractor?

- When a contractor raises such an issue, why does the support person close the ticket even before the issue is resolved?

#. Anyone who has direct contacts to the Freelancer finance department or to Mathew (Matt) Barrie, please send them to me. If anyone should contact me from this company, it should be someone who is qualified enough to solve my problem by looking at the problem history or someone who has direct access to the department that has this capacity and not some Filipino who is hired to refer to company terms and condition that have no relevance here.

• Ac
    A Cheated writer Mar 02, 2013

Yeh.. I agree too.. I was completely cheated by Leena Giri, E-mail ids are [email protected] and she has a couple of other e-mail ids and lots of fake profiles on freelancer.com. All she does is give out projects and at the end does not pay for it. Guys who are in search of projects, beware!!

• Va
    valeriescottfreelancer Jan 29, 2013

Hi Gionex, I'm Valerie Scott from Freelancer.com. I found your post regarding some billing concerns, and I'd like to help. If you want, you may give me your username so I can assist in fixing your problems right away. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards, Valerie

• Fe
    Ferey Jan 14, 2013

Not so complicated to see that this site doesn't have any moderation. We can choose between projects handle by scammers, fake projects or stupid people who wants the moon for a few bucks. I have an average of 7 fake projects (they are canceled, frozen for weeks or the like) with 10 bids. That incredible.

• Gi
    Gionex Jan 04, 2013

This site takes money from job seekers as a subscription and also has audacity to take fees per job.

In less than 1 month on two occassions they have taken fees for jobs that do not exist and on one occassion they simply look the other way and make excuses and transfer funds out of my account to places unknown.

They cannot explain their invoicing or charging system and when i was told of a refund recently for one of 7 odd charges, i asked for a credit note to show what a refund was for,

I was appaled when after 1 hour of chat the operative did not know what a credit note was and could not understand that if freelancer can raise an invoice for $15 and take money from my bank account or paypal and the invoice is found to be bogus either for a non existent job or some system glitch which happens often on their system then the remedy is to raise a credit note for the equivalent amount and refund the amount and the credit note should read taht it is credit note 12345 for a reversal of xyz fee of $15 against invoive 54321 of whatever date and this is the right way, any other way is tantamount to shady accounting and loopholes for theft.

I am also well informed that others use the site to sweep unsuspecting prospectors into pyramid job schemes, or job owners into paypal scams and much more.

Its a bizaare thing and the only reason I am staying on freelancer is because i believe that by the smallest of follies doth a giant fall and i have become rather determined to take them to the cleaners.

its the only way they will learn that job hunting is not a brownie point scheme where you rob folk that are seeking work for any reason and expect them to work like slaves under any circumstance and fiddle accounts in exceedingly vast ways.

i have used people per hour for years., i have never once been charged a penny by them... same with guru and many others.

a massive lesson needs to be taught to these folk and I welcome anyone who has been scammed financially on this site to contact me for their details to be added to my shortlist.

England has a launderette, its called the county court.

what a horrid way to treat people.

• Th
    thoughtspeech Dec 31, 2012

I was posting a project, which was supposed to be a free activity on this site. However, in the review process for the project a $199 fee was added to the posting of the project. When I rejected the fee and tried to repost the project without the fee multiple times, this was not allowed. When I looked at the statement for the fee, which I did not have enough money deposited on the site to pay, it said that I would have to deposit on the next page if I wanted to post the project. I was given the impression that if I clicked through, I could change the project settings and then I wouldn't have to pay the fee. Instead, the money was taken out of my account.

Username- thoughtspeech
    →Project ID- 4082357

Edit- my account has been suspended because I suspended the UNAUTHORIZED Paypal payment. Freelancer wouldn't offer any hope of giving me back the $199, and it won't even let me get away with the $9 that Paypal was responsible for! In addition, they are forbidding me from taking any additional money that has been released to their site by my other employers. I'm this where everyone can see it. You will see it in other places, but people need to know!!!

• Od
    odeskhater Oct 23, 2012

I'll never use odesk ever again. I'll try freelancer.com

oleg 23 Oct 18, 2012

I regret, at me for 3 years of work not these sites (oDesk and Elance) of problems wasn't.
    I didn't break oDesk and Elance usage guidelines and terms of service.
    Problems only on Freelancer.com

• Od
    odeskhater Oct 18, 2012

i don't think so. odesk scammed me of $76 and then they suspend my account on some ridiculuous notion. after a month, they eventually banned me. i never odesk elance again!

oleg 23 Oct 17, 2012

Max from Freelancer.com. I work at sites of a freelance of oDesk and Elance and I have no problems, on your site deception and theft, and you don't help clients you deceive them.

maxfromfreelancer Oct 17, 2012

Hi Oleg. This is Max from Freelancer.com again. We appreciate the feedback. We only wish to assist users with their enquiries about our site and resolve any account concerns as quickly as possible. Again, we do hope you allow us to assist you with your account concerns. Thank you.

oleg 23 Oct 09, 2012

Max, You understand that nobody trusts you? If understand that why write these senseless letters, or it is style Freelancer.com ?

maxfromfreelancer Oct 09, 2012

Hello oleg. It's unfortunate you feel this way about Freelancer.com Support Services. I've seen similar posts at different sites and we'll post our reply here as well. It is unfortunate that your experience with our Customer Support wasn't satisfactory. Be assured that Freelancer.com works hard to offer the best customer service and look to improve on it on continuous basis.

Please allow us to help you with your account concerns. Thank you and we sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

oleg 23 Oct 08, 2012

Max F, Don't make laugh me,
    Freelancer.com has the worse staff and "customer support", if it can be called a "customer support", the staff is VERY rude, totally unprofessional.

maxfromfreelancer Oct 08, 2012

Hi Oleg. This is Max from Freelancer.com. We appreciate the feedback. We've seen similar posts at different web sites and we'll post our reply here as well. It is unfortunate you feel this way. We sincerely would like to help you. If you have any account concerns, please send your username to [email protected] and I'll personally look into your case and help you resolve them. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

oleg 23 Oct 05, 2012

Try searching freelancer.com scam on google.
    It sure is a scam. I had bad experiences with the company.
    PLEASE DON'T PUT YOUR MONEY ON FREELANCER, THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY.

• Em
    EmirFreelancer.com Jun 20, 2012

Hello formerfreelancer. We appreciate your feedback. We're glad to inform you that we are responding to issues raised about Freelancer.com. We are taking an active role in reaching out to the community discussing Freelancer.com to ensure people’s issues are dealt with and to educate the public on the best ways they can use Freelancer.com to earn money and outsource work. Due to the nature of some of the issues raised, some situations can not be discussed in public forums due to the need for private information such as usernames and financial information. This is why we request users to contact our 24/7 support team to have their individual issue addressed in a quick and personal manner.

As Freelancer.com becomes more active and takes the center stage on the global outsourcing marketplace, we feel that it is necessary to share information about Freelancer.com. Please be assured that our goal has always been to provide information and access to the global workforce and work opportunities all around the world.

Thank you and we we hope we have addressed your concerns.

• Em
    EmirFreelancer.com Jun 05, 2012

Hi Awake23. My name is Emir and I work for Freelancer.com. I frequently visit complaintsboard.com to help users address their concerns about Freelancer.com and came across your post. We appreciate your feedback.
    We’d like to assure you that Freelancer.com treats all its users with respect and professional courtesy.

We are a global company and as such we have clients and users all over the world. We treat each concern and issue with utmost care and we aim to provide the best customer experience. Please be assured that Freelancer.com is a legitimate business. We have hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers and have paid out more than $130, 000, 000 to freelancers all over the world.

Should you have enquiries or concerns, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and we’ll address it promptly.

Thank you very much.

• Aw
    AWAKE23 Jun 01, 2012

Freelancer.com is an Aussie company, what do you expect? They love to rip people off. I've had several bad experiences with people from Australia, they are jealous of Americans so they rip them off. Small minded I guess.

A reasonable man

• Aw
    AWAKE23 Jun 01, 2012

Freelancer.com is an Aussie company, what do you expect? They love to RIP PEOPLE OFF

• Fo
    FormerFreelancer Apr 18, 2012

The account "Freelancer Support" should be banned, it is blatantly spamming propaganda in favour of Freelancer.com (including email and web page addresses) and explicitly denies to respond the comments made here by the users.

"Please note that we do not respond to customer issues on public forums."
    If you do not respond here just get away, what are you doing here?

"Freelancer.com is the world's largest global outsourcing platform with over two million registered users."
    Come off man, and take back to your mouse hole! That's a forum to talk about complains. If you do not want to talk about it and just want to make propaganda then pay for an advertisement.

• Si
    silver09 Oct 27, 2011

jeffrichad, jefftoczin, jeffroybie are scam accounts

skype :- jeff.scott.techsolution.