Menu

P
Author of the complaint
9:02 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

World Financial Group, an AEGON company, is on the verge of collapse! I am just sharing inside information I came accross, and hate to see people lose their money, time, and sense of security! There are legitimate business offices you can go to that do the same thing, without the scam! COLLAPSE!

More World Financial Group [WFG] complaints & reviews

World Financial Group [WFG] - Be cautious
7 comments
J
Feb 27, 2018 10:39 am EST

It's 2018 and the company continues to grow strong by leaps and bounds. Unfortunately, the individuals who know nothing about WFG but sound the false "fraud alarm" cheat deserving individuals out of a life-changing career. $100? Think about how many times you go out and blow money on coffee, food, and other nonsense. How many times over have you spent that $100 that could potentially change your life? For me, personally, it was a no brainer. I made my $100 back within three weeks and far more. I have felt blessed to be able to educate individuals on life insurance, building wealth, and bettering their finances. I've reviewed countless policies and have been able to help families upgrade their life insurance policies to policies they can afford now and when they are in their late 50's and 60's. If you have life insurance, take a look at where your premiums will be 25 / 30 years from now. You may not be able to afford them. Do you have living benefits? I don't mean terminal illness that pays the face value if you have 6-12 months to live. I mean Living Benefits that pay a portion of your death benefit to help you fight to live if you're diagnosed with Cancer, have a heart attack, etc. Our industry is regulated, you must be licensed, you must be able to pass a background check. No one is going to harass you as we are not in the convincing business. So if someone is receiving harassing calls, it's likely the collector for that bill you were unable to pay. You come to a meeting, the facts are presented, and you make a decision. Period. Either way you win because in that one hour meeting you will learn enough to put you on the right path to changing your situation... whether with WFG or otherwise. That said, I urge you to go to that meeting you skipped because you read some nonsense on a forum.

M
Jan 03, 2016 3:07 am EST

It's 2016 now and the company is doing better than ever.

N
Sep 26, 2013 7:53 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have read 4 reviews now, all say the same thing: WFG makes you pay for your own background check as well as many other fees heretofore NEVER having been borne by the potential employee. I have saved myself a lot of frustration (and embarrassment) by researching this company prior to my upcoming Saturday morning interview..And NO I will not call to cancel...I will be a no-show, if only I could get hold of the others who plan to show up to interivew under a slick ruse of a real job being available. Arghh !

N
Sep 26, 2013 7:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Wow, after reading 3 or 4 others' experiences I am 100% sure I am going to cancel my upcoming SATURDAY MORNING interview. I've been out of work 16 months I don't need to go to WFG and pay for a background check, , , are they crazy? I got the same line about then having found my resume on careerbuilder what a load of crap. And to think I was going to go up there and be stuck there til noon at least when I have to set up the house and patio for a 1 PM memorial service for my friend's dad who was my landlord. He lived to be 86 by AVOIDING BS'ers like WFG. I am eternally thankful that I can research a company before investing my time and effort thinking they have a real JOB for someone like me who has worked since 1973 until being laid off at end of May 2012. Beware this company !

T
Nov 29, 2012 6:00 pm EST

I agree. It amazes me to see a person sound a false fraudulent alarm that amounts to nothing more than a smear campaign. WFG is a company that has helped many families with their finances. I know because I’ve witnessed it firsthand. I will admit everyone is not cut out to work for the company. That being said there is no need to falsely criticize a company because you either don’t understand their Business Model or you don’t want to work for them. They are a really good company doing great things for middle-income Americans. Go WFG!

B
Apr 29, 2011 3:29 am EDT

I am wondering how World Financial Group, an AEGON company, is on the verge of collapse. AEGON is a Global Fortune 500 company, listed at 103 in 2010. World Financial Group, Inc. appears to be growing strong across the United States. they encourages individuals and families to build and protect themselves. Hmmm... You have suggested it's fraudulent but have proven nothing more than you know how to type the word SCAM. If you are going to defame a company, please back it with facts not just an unfounded opinion without merit.

B
Apr 27, 2011 10:43 pm EDT

I have a contact person from one giant financial corporation who particularly had a talk with a possible alliance with Aegon. He said that they are a real "no-no" and too cheap to do business with.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

38 complaints