DRINKS Insiders, LLC

Thu9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed
For over 35 years, Wine Insiders has delivered expert-selected wine directly to customers’ doors, eliminating the middlemen and passing the savings on to you. Made up of oenophiles with years of experience in the wine business, the Wine Insiders team travels the world, using their connections in the industry to get insiders-only prices on exclusive wines from the world’s finest regions—from Bordeaux and Tuscany to the California coast.

Complaints & Reviews

my groupon coupon

I would like to know how come my credit card was billed when i had gone through groupon to order. I send in my redemption code when I ordered. Shouldn't my cost for the wine be what the groupon coupon is. I have tried calling wine insiders, but am having no luck reaching a human being. If I am mistaken on how to use the groupon coupon, please let me know. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

• Hello,

I apologize for the problems with your recent order! Someone from our customer care team will be reaching out to you shortly to assist you with your concerns.

Wine Insiders Customer Care Team

[Resolved] did not send shipping info within promised timeframe

I ordered a case of wine on 12/15 and it still hasn't even shipped as of 12/19. They promise to send a shipping confirmation 24-48 hours after you place the order. I reached out to them via e-mail on 12/18 to find out what's up and I get a stupid canned response: "Hello! For orders placed 12/16 or before, please allow 24-48 hours to receive your shipping information..." I will never order from them again. Now I have to go out and purchase wine for my upcoming Christmas party because there's no way they will be able to ship it to me in time.

Hello,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced. Please kindly contact us at 1-800-615-7304 from Mon-Fri 6:00am to 5:00pm PST so that we can make it right for you. When you call in, please reference (Complaint Board Feedback) to the Customer Support Agent.

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] horrible customer service and bad wine and packaging and

I ordered a case of wine through travel zoo Kaucher for wine insiders. I was excited to receive my box to labels were peeling off the entire package was covered in dust the box was full of dust I had to clean all of my bottles off. The first bottle we opened had definitely turned. It was so bad I could not drink it. I called customer service and they said they would put a credit on their website to replace the value of the bottle which was $10 shipping was also $10 and they refused to cover it. I called and spoke with someone that refused to cover the shipping even though it's not my fault that they sent me crap wine They refused to cover the cost of shipping. I told them if they didn't make it right I would just dispute the entire purchase with my bank. They said they would not pay for shipping one bottle of wine to me but they would pay for me to ship the entire case back to them. They are a terrible company to do business with. If you decide to buy from wine insiders understand that you will have to live with what you get whether it is spoiled or damaged. They will do nothing for you

[Resolved] white wine

I just received my 30 bottles of premium white wine and in this order you shipped me 6 bottles of rose wine

Since I ordered all white and do not drink rose I am very disappointed for the first time as I have ordered

many cases before and had been sent what I ordered and was pleased with the wine you sent.

Since you guaranteed satisfaction. I wonder how we solve this Thank you Ron werle

[Resolved] shipping box

My Last two shipments of 15 bottles have had ½ the bottom of the shipping box come loose, some one or machine...

[Resolved] la fea red wine

Order Details
Description Expiration date Quantity Unit price
Order Details Wine Insiders
Purchased: Saturday, February 24, 2018 84% Off 15 Bottles of Wine from Wine Insiders Friday, May 25, 2018 1 $55.00
Subtotal: $55.00
Discount: -$11.00
Total: $44.00
Payment Summary
MasterCard ending in 3413: $44.00

The la fea red wine was not good at all. We dumped it out.

• Updated by Shirley Greuling Pelletier · Apr 07, 2018

Generally speaking, we have no complaints about the selections in a Wine Insiders Groupon offer. However, the case we received from a Groupon purchased on 2/24/18 included a red wine blend from la fea that was really not good - we dumped it out after trying a glass. Can it be replaced with something palatable?
    Order Details
    MasterCard ending in 3413: $44.00

• Updated by Shirley Greuling Pelletier · Apr 07, 2018

So, now what?

bad wine

My last order #7149975 contained a bottle of Kepe Tempranillo 2016. I opened this bottle yesterday evening. It has a very unpleasant smell and tastes of mold. This is the only time I have been disapointed in a wine from Wine Insiders. I have had this wine before and it was fine, but not this time. It is terrible. I would like to receive a credit on my next order for this god awful bottle of wine.
This was an order of Mystery Reds. The mystery is how did this get in the box.

wine

Wine Insiders Wine Club review
I would not recommend Wine Insiders Wine Club. I ordered six bottles each for myself and the other as a holiday gift. The wine was in transit almost two weeks and every bottle was terrible, i.e. weak, foul tasting and not what was advertised. I contacted Wine Insiders and they are not honoring their guarantee which indicates the following directly from their web site: "Every bottle that we sell comes with our Double Satisfaction Guarantee: Every bottle will arrive in perfect condition, or we'll immediately send you a replacement. And, you will love every wine we send, or we'll send you a free alternative, or give you a refund." I contacted them and was told that they will not provide any guarantee since the wine was purchased through Travelzoo. One might think that I simply am not a good judge of wines. I own a winery and these were swill! I will be contacting the Secretary of the State of NY to lodge a complaint as well the the Better Business Bureau. There are many many other comments, most of them bad, on the web..Buyer Beware. These wines are TERRIBLE as is their Customer Service.

wine

• Tr
    Travelzoo Mar 23, 2018

Hi Jill,

We're very sorry to hear about your experience with Wine Insiders.

While we love helping our members get the best deals, we know that the experience matters more. We're glad to see you contacted Travelzoo Customer Service for assistance. Upon further review it looks like we were able to refund you for your voucher.

If you ever need any additional assistance in the future, please give us a call at 877-665-0000. Our agents are available 24 hours.

Liberty
    The Travelzoo Team

$60 groupon for wine

We purchased a $60 Groupon for $19. Followed the instructions multiple times and was unable to find the "original purchased pack of wine" described in the Groupon. All we could do is have a $60 credit to purchase wine on the website, all of which was expensive. We even searched for the individual listed bottles of wine in the Groupon and could not find them listed on the website.
Sure seems like a classic case of bait and switch!

customer service, voucher use and new year's preview sale wine information

Date: 12/26 & 12/28:

Since I have not received a response to the email I sent to Zac, CEO and "Chief Wine Lover" I am attaching my original email sent earlier this week to Zac regarding my concerns with vouchers and special offers.

I am hoping concerns are responded to by your company. You have already lost my purchases for Clients and Family 2018 New Year's Gifts.

P.S. I also received a Holiday half case gift last week which was followed up by a confusing letter and Voucher to redeem from Travel Zoo, which I had to call and straighten out yesterday. I found out from your customer service that the Voucher was already used by the sender and referred back to a gift I already received. Unfortunately that was not explained in the voucher, the voucher only gave instructions on how to redeem for the Holiday Reds half case.

Very Disappointed Customer.

Below is my original email to Zac, CEO sent by reply to his $50.00 Gift Voucher email Christmas Gift.
Zac—

I am new to Wine Insiders and am unhappy and uncertain about your program. I spoke with Amy in your Customer Service department trying to get answers to questions regarding this $50.00 Voucher and the email New Years Preview Sale notice I received today. Although she was pleasant and courteous, she was unable to provide the information I requested, other than that there were restrictions on the $50.00 Voucher in email below and I could not use it toward my New Years Preview Sale Purchases.

1. The $50.00 voucher from you yesterday, no where in the email message does it state there are restrictions to its use other than I must spend at least $65.00. My inquiry was whether I could apply the $50.00 Voucher to the New Year's Preview Sale and I was told no. I certainly understand restrictions, but they need to be clearly state in the email and/or offer. In addition in the New Year's Preview Sale email no where does it say offer can not combine with any other offer or discount.

2. As to the New Year's Preview Sale (15-packs +Free Shipping), this inquiry was how I could find out the Wines included in the Upgrade to the 15 pack of Super Premium Wines ($15.00 upcharge). In the regular choice ($74.99) when I select this order option I can see each wine bottle, description and awards won. I can not see the same for the Upgrade to Super Premium 15-pack choice. I was told that the wine assortment list for the Super Premium is not available, only the names of 3 listed in the Upgrade selection box. Again I am a bit disheartened as to the availability of product information, wine brand, origin and description.

We were hoping to send this assortment as a New Year's Gifts to our clients & friends. The New Year's preview sale is time sensitive and is only a one day sale for today only (December 26). Unfortunately I will not be able to take advantage of this offer.

I am a retailer operating both Brick & Mortar Stores and Online Retail Outlets, it is important to remember information is vital and if restrictions apply they need to be clearly stated.

Email from Zac, CEO Wine Insiders:
Hey Anne,

Just a quick note to say Merry Christmas and thank you for being part of the Wine Insiders family. Enclosed is your $50 gift voucher, good through the end of the year. To redeem, simply follow these three easy steps:

1. Click here to be taken to our site.
2. Enter voucher code WINLHWBXDVGPLW.
3. Add at least $65 in wine to your cart. Your discount will be applied at checkout.

Let's raise a glass and cheers to a happy and healthy 2018!

P.S. I've included a second $50 gift voucher for you to pass along to a fellow wine lover. Their code is WINLHWVTSPZDQR.

Anne-Marie (Anne) Caso
[protected]@msn.com
Cell: [protected]

unable to use groupon

November 26 I purchased a Groupn. really terrible I cant reach somebody by telephone especially after my...

bonus wine shipment

I joined the Wine Insiders Member Club after using a Groupon last year. It was explained that I would receive...

service

I ordered from these people and put my card to pay. I cancelled my membership and they continue to ship when I did not order. I have opened a second case now with AMEX.
I have sent email after email and called but get no positive results. I think these people are crooks and once they have your cc they will bill and ship to you. You will need to refuse the shipment and contact your cc company.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

Mailing list

I have emailed, I have called, I have returned their mailers and asked repeatedly to be removed from their...

Fraulent refund policy

I ordered for the first time approximately two weeks ago. I got a coupon mailer and ordered the 6 bottle mixed case for a dinner party /wine bar. The wine was less than drinkable. When I contacted the customer service, they told me to send the wine back-I asked how could I do this, the bottles were open so my guests could sample them. I was given the run around put on hold for 10 minutes to be told no refund unless the wine was returned. The coupon in the mailer clearly states 100% NO RISK MONEY BACK GUARENTEE. I never had such a bad experience as this and embarrassing as my guests clearly didn't like the wine and I had to go out and purchase more to salvage the evening and my pride.

sandy lyons Nov 14, 2018

I purchased 15 bottles as a gift. Only 14 were delivered. Requested bottle to be shipped to recipient. They offered to credit $7.00 on next order. Again requested bottle to be sent. Then they offered less than $7.00 Credit on my credit card. Still requested bottle to be shipped and requested owner to call me. No response from anyone at the company.

Refund

Just tell me what you think about this sequence regarding Order Number: [protected], Charge: $87.89 December...

Their Wines!

From the Groupon 5 year Anniversary offer I ordered 2 "Buy $75.00 worth of wine for $25.00. I purchased one...

still haven't received product 6 weeks after I ordered

I ordered wine on May 3rd & it's June 12th & still have not received shipment or any shipping info!

False Claims of product quality and guarantees

DO NOT buy wine from wineinsiders.com. Their wines are terrible and their claim of 'if you're not satisified, we'll refund you're money and pay return shipping' does NOT exist. 2-buck-chuck is 10 times more drinkable than the wines they sell, and I tried half a dozen before I gave up. All the reds taste the same - weak, old (not 'aged'), woody (not oaky), sour and dull. The whites are just as bad. I didn't expect much given the price points, but you can't even make sangria or punch out of it. Their customer service is inept and frustrating to deal with, so don't bother. Hopefully you got a groupon for them, because groupon will refund your money if you're not satisfied.

• Mi
    MIcksgirl Sep 24, 2011

100% AGREE!! Every bottle I opened smelled like river water. Not happy at all considering I not only spent the $25 for the groupon but an additional $25 for shipping...NEVER again!

Cust serv. HANG UP. $75. coupon was worth .01 cent

Wine Insiders = a very BAD idea.
I participated in a promotional offer to receive $75. in wine for only $25.
I paid the $25. then paid an additional $120. for the wine order, when I applied the coupon, only .01 cent was credited to the order.
The wine shipped, I received full billing for what tasted like bargain wine.
When I attempted to reconcile the purchase by calling the 800 number, My call was promptly disconnected three times (each time at the point where I indicated that I would like to resolve an issue).
I have a BAD TASTE in my mouth from "Wine Insiders" - Bad Deal, No Customer Service, Bad Wine, No way to reconcile the mis-representation.