Menu
Bacardi Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Bacardi
reviews & complaints

www.bacardilimited.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.0 27 Reviews

Bacardi Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
27 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Bacardi at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bacardi. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Bacardi reviews & complaints 27

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Bacardi reviews & complaints

6:10 pm EST

Bacardi Bacardi superior

I’ve been buying Bacardi superior at Sam’s Club for at least 10 years or so rarely do I get one that tastes different around January 10 I bought a case of it and opened up the bottle. It had such a different taste, and I’ve ever had before. It was almost like rubbing alcohol, nothing smooth about it at all. Very disappointed especially because I bought a case of it at Sam’s.

Desired outcome: I want to know if it’s safe to drink, even though it’s terrible somethings wrong with it

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Bacardi representatives only. If you are affiliated with Bacardi, please claim your business to access these details.

Karl Lohndorf
Jan 28, 2024 9:56 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We noticed back in November. We called Bacardi and they picked up 3 bottles to send out to get tested. I have not heard back from the testing agency. Doubt I will. I received an email from Bacardi stating that they are sending me a check for 84.00 dollars. No explanation though

6:30 pm EST

Bacardi Bacardi superior

My wife and I have been drinking bacardi for over 30 years together. Over the past few months something in the taste has changed. It has a sweetness to it and it taste terrible. We have gone to different liquor stores and it was a hit or miss on which one we would get. I called bacardi, and they came about a month ago to send out 4 bottles and have them tested. I think they know something is different but they are denying it. I have yet to hear back from them. It's disgusting tasting and very disappointing.

Read full review of Bacardi and 5 comments
5 comments
John Springsteen
Feb 13, 2024 7:10 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have had 6 bottles that were bad I made a complaint on the website and they had a third party pick up and followed up with Bacardi and they are issuing me a refund. They can't tell me if there is a bad batch of Bacardi. Wish I knew before I go buy another bottle.

Done with Baccardi
Feb 02, 2024 1:24 pm EST

Good to know! Here in De getting bad bottles as well BJ’s wholesale club will not refund

What is going on? Will stop buying.

Husband has been drinking Bacardi & diet over 30 years! No store seems to know or hear about it.

Marc Leduc
Jan 20, 2024 7:44 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same here. I live in Ottawa, Canada and I buy 4 cases a month for the past 20 years. I bought 2 cases a few weeks ago the first bottle tasted a bit like a spiced rum that I don't particularly like, I drank it anyway thinking it was a fluke, then opened the 2nd bottle and had one shot and it tasted the same, I returned the cases and got them replaced they kept the opened one for testing, those were ok. I just bought 2 more cases and on the 1st bottle and it tastes crappy again. I can't keep doing this, I don't drive and I have to pay someone $20 every time I go there. Considering changing brands. Been drinking the stuff since 1985.

BocceCrew
YUMA, US
Jan 15, 2024 10:06 pm EST

We have had same issue in the last 3 months. One bad 1.75 L bottle in Michigan, don't recall if glass or plastic bottle. Just got another bad bottle in Arizona,

this time in 0.75 L glass bottle. Had a plastic 0.75 L bottle from September that was just fine. So, the bad stuff is everywhere in all container types and sizes!

No responses from Bacardi means they don't know what's wrong. Might be time to ditch them and find a new brand.

Kayleenate
Jan 03, 2024 6:19 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I have been searching the internet high and low for some validation that I am not crazy! I am grateful you posted this. I feel like I am playing rum roulette, I never know when I will get a good bottle. Today I got my 5th sweet one - tastes comparable to havana club light rum which I do not enjoy. I emailed with no response.

Author of the review
Karl Lohndorf
Jan 06, 2024 9:57 am EST
Replying to comment of Kayleenate

We do the same. It's a hit or miss where we go. We have not heard back from bacardi yet. I don't think we will. If I do I will let you know

1:50 pm EST

Bacardi Bacardi rum pineapple flavor - gallon bottle

Great Day! I am an avid drinker of Bacardi flavored rums. It use to be Limon, but now I drink pineapple flavored. My issue is for the last 5-6 gallon bottles I have purchased (different locations), the white plastic pour piece is not on the bottles. Therefore, the rum comes out faster, drips down the side of the bottle, and will turn the inside of the lid and the rim of the bottle black! Have you discontinued the pour piece? Please help. Jameen - jameen.[protected]@situational.com

Thanks!

Desired outcome: Pourer piece to be back on the gallon bottles ...

Is Bacardi legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Bacardi as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Bacardi stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Bacardi should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Bacardi earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Bacardi achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Bacardilimited.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Bacardi website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Bacardilimited.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Bacardilimited.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Bacardi, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with Bacardi is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

Bacardi as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Several positive reviews for Bacardi have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

Bacardi website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Bacardi has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 27 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Bacardi. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
9:27 pm EST

Bacardi Bacardi superior white rum

I purchased a 1.75 liter bottle of this product on 11/20/2023 at Lee's Discount Liquor as I usually do and it tasted awful. It wasn't the same taste I have been used to for the last 25 years. It tasted like a really cheap white rum. I purchased another 1.75 liter bottle from Target on 11/21/2023 with the same result. It is undrinkable to the standards of the Bacardi I normally drink. Has the recipe changed? Is this an anomaly? There's a reason I spend $22 on a bottle as opposed to $12.

Claimed loss: I've spent $44 in the last two days to purchase my rum of choice for the last 25 years.

Desired outcome: I'd like to know what happened and if this is going to be how it tastes from now on.I already attempted this complaint on their website and it was rejected because the purchase date was invalid. 11/20/2023 is invalid?

Steven Starace
Lake Worth, US
Nov 22, 2023 5:09 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We also have been drinking Bacardi Superior for years. A few weeks ago we purchased 4 1.75ml bottles and the taste was really bad. They were plastic, I returned them - they only took back the 2 unopened ones and I purchased 4 bottles of glass. These were good. I purchased 4 bottles of plastic at Winn Dixie (Lake Worth both places) and they were good. Yesterday 11/21/23 I purchased 4 plastic bottles at Winn Dixie, the taste was awful also, I returned them today for glass bottles at Winn Dixie, tried one and it was the same bad taste.

4:02 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bacardi Half gallon of a bottle of bacardi light

I bought a half gallon of bacardi light and had two drinks, that night I had gotten violently sink. The next day I tasted the rum strait form the bottle and it had a strange taste to it and again made my stomach upset. I have been drinking your rum for many years, and could be one of your best customers. I have the serial numbers from the bottle so you can look into this problem, you have my e-mail address.

Claimed loss: open

Desired outcome: That you can look into that production date and try to recall bottles produced at that time.

5:59 pm EDT

Bacardi Bacardi 1.75 LTR

I've been buying Bacardi for many years and I live in the Beloit/Janesville area and buy from Woodman's usually. Since the beginning of summer this year May or June the plastic pouring insert has been missing. If you're going to cut corners and not include them, then the price should be lowered. I have waisted at least a whole bottle going to pour into a glass and have it shoot out everywhere, being used to it being there 😡. Please fix this problem or start selling them next to the product!

Desired outcome: Fix the problem!!!

Mike Flock
Nov 21, 2023 9:30 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bacardi had done a "soft" announcement that they would be doing away with the plastic spout for "environmental" reasons. I agree with you that the price should be lowered in this case. Now, the taste quality now seems like a cheap store brand. Time to ditch Bacardi.

W
1:42 pm EDT

Bacardi Bacardi black 1.75 ltr

Bacardi BLACK 1.75 LTR, I received (5) bottles on FATHERS DAY 6/18/23 they where missing its plastic pouring cap. Not sure if you’ve discontinued this part, but I end up getting more in his glass and on my hands . I plan to get (5) more on my birthday 8/20/23 please let me know if you plan to go back to the original cap. Reading,PA 19607 STATE WINE & SPIRITS STORE(L23038J2001300)

Desired outcome: replacement

7:30 pm EDT

Bacardi 1.75 liter Bacardi

We are both Bacardi consumers, the last 3 bottles that we have purchased at Woodmans liquor store in Janesville, Wisconsin have been missing its plastic pouring mechanism. Not sure if you’ve discontinued this part, but my husband ends up getting more in his glass and that could lead to problems, if you get my drift. Thank you, Barb Slatter

PS I believe these last 3 bottles were purchased June and July, love your product, don’t love the results from to much of a pour🙃

12:00 am EDT

Bacardi Bacardi Limon

I have been drinking Bacardi Limon for years, also a bartendar for years, recently I have had bad tasting Limon. I go and usually but 4 to 5 bottles at a time. Most are fine. I have had to return 5 bottles, very disappointed, and have had to ask the establishment to pour me a different drink, they had to open 3 different bottles. What is going on? I really like Bacardi Limon. I am disappointed that I have had that many bad bottles.

10:00 pm EST

Bacardi Bacardi Rum

I never know when the bottle of Bacardi Rum will have the pour spout insert at the opening of their bottle! One time it is there ... and the next time I purchase the same product and it is not! I have been so surprised and ended up pouring too much rum in our drinks! Wondering about the inconsistency with this... and, now, wondering about the inconsistency of our rum. Thank you.

Desired outcome: Address our concerns

G
G
Gary (GRofVA)
Feb 19, 2023 3:19 pm EST

Just tried to complain on their website about the same issue and it keeps telling me that my purchase date is “invalid” regardless of what date I put in. I guess they don’t want my business!

10:07 pm EDT

Bacardi Bacardi Limon

We have been buying Bacardi Limon since 1997. We have have had at least 6 bottles taste and smell like syrup and are not drinkable. When we have called the liquor store they cannot do a refund for an opened bottle. This has been disappointing since we drink this at least 3-4 times per week. I have never had any other problems with any other liquor. Why does this happen?

Desired outcome: A refund

T
11:20 am EDT

Bacardi Bacardi Rum 60 oz

I have always put my liquor in the freezer and to my great surprise this morning the Rum was frozen. I have never witnessed this in over 40 years. Unfortunately I am very concerned to consume anymore of this bottle as I don't feel comfortable drinking it as I have never seen or heard of liquor freezing.

I purchased this bottle September 24,2022 at the liquor store in Pentanguishe Ontario around 330 pm.

Desired outcome: To be compensated for a full refund of this bottle

7:29 am EDT

Bacardi Bacardi Limon and Bacardi Lime

Hello,
I've been drinking Bacardi Limon for years and recently I've had about 5 or 6 bottles that are bad 👎.
The smell and taste is like old syrup.
What is the cost what do you do as a consumer?
I am really disappointed by this this has been my go to drink and to know not being able to rely on this is disheartening.
I just can't believe I have to find another drink after all these years

Desired outcome: A refund of some sort

R
11:22 am EDT

Bacardi Bacardi Limon

I love Bacardi Limon. It has always been my go to drink. I have recently purchased a bottle and it's terrible. I have NEVER had a bad one before. I'm wondering if it's old or just a bad batch? People didn't believe me and gave me a blind taste test. I picked out the "bad" one right away.
I'm sending you the picture and bar code so no one else gets stuck with this batch. I have to dump it.

FYI - on the picture I put an X over the "bat picture" so I don't give this drink to anyone by mistake.

I just thought you should know about it.

Desired outcome: Replacement would be nice.

3:04 pm EDT

Bacardi Lemon

We had a broken spiced rum bottle. You were nice enough to have that broken bottle picked up and your Company was nice enough to replace it. But unfortunately they sent us lemon Bacardi flavored. We do not like lemon we only drink the spice rum. Was very upset that we did not get the exact same thing that we normally purchase. Do not know what to do with this unopened bottle.
Mary Lou Yacobellis [protected]
111 Sintabouge Cir.
Daphne, Al 36526

Desired outcome: To get a replacement Spice Rum bottle to replace the original bottle that was broken and we lost rum over our counter top!

L
3:12 pm EST

Bacardi Bacardi holiday $8.00 rebate

I sent in rebates for purchases of the required products for two $40.00 rebates the maximum allowed. On January 28, 1021 I received one check for $40.00. I am due $40.00 for the other set of receipts and rebate form. What happened? Do you need a copy of my rebates and receipts?

Leonard Weander, 1010 Colony Lane, Lincoln, NE [protected]
email [protected]@aol.com

Desired outcome: Send the other check for $40.00.

1:07 pm EST

Bacardi Product

I've always been a fan of the blunerry breezer until I bought my last 6 pack and was disappointed that your brand and employees have failed to do their qualiy control and packaging. Out of the 6 pack not only 1 but 2 of the bottles were missing the main Breezer label, wich advises your customers of the alcohol content. Furthermore both the bottles that had no label on them were flat. Had no gass as if they had been tampered with. Hopefully you will be able to rectify this error on your side and you won't lose a customer.

6:44 pm EDT

Bacardi 70CL

Dear whoever it may concern,
I must be honest. Bacardi tastes like petrol. So disappointed. I mixed it well with berries but it still tasted like [censored].
I was having a lovely night until I rated your awful drink. It sent me the wrong way. I want a full refund. So thick. Not on.

Le grà,
Katie T

4:42 am EST

Bacardi at&t golf tournament pebble beach

Hi Customer Service Representative,

I took 3 of my family members to the AT&T Pebble Beach Open this past weekend. We had entrance passes to the Grey Goose Party tent. We were there quite awhile, on the 6th hole, watching the game and drinking (of course). The bar ran out of the cute white wine glasses with the bird twizzler sticks, so we were unable to get the drinks that we had wanted. My guests were quite disappointed as they had traveled quite a distance to attend, and are all huge Bacardi fans!

I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Best,
Dolly Colby

8:01 pm EST

Bacardi bacardi limon

Hi I been drinking Bacardi limon since 96 my [censored] never had a issue buy 2 bottles a week my last 2 bottles had a funny old smell to it can't explain I but like it's old not good I been drinking it for to long I'm really mad I'm from Philadelphia I should be the face of the company as much as I drink it so I get to Indianapolis this weekend for my daughter cheer competition and I go to a liquor same smell what's going on we don't suppose to have nothin liquor smell that's 4 bottles I had that wasn't right

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Bacardi contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Bacardi?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bacardi Customer Service. Initial Bacardi complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bacardi above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bacardi. Discuss the issues you have had with Bacardi and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.