Wet SealYou pay for a discount card and they send you an expired one and then ignore you.

On May 1st I placed an order with WetSeal.com for several tops and items. I was offered a "Seal Deal" card at check out. This discount card would supposedly save me money on future purchases. I bought the card for $20. About a week later I received my order which included the discount card. A few days later, I decided to go to their site and see if they had anything new that I would like, and I found a few items to purchase. When I got to the check out, it told me the Seal Deal card I had was EXPIRED and to please purchase a new one. Since I had just purchased the card and it was the first time I had used it, I found this to be a serious mistake, so I contacted Wet Seal customer service immediately. I was told that they would look into it. Well it is now June 7th, and after a month and MANY, MANY emails, they still keep telling me they are "looking into it". I have tried a few times during this fiasco to use the card, but every single time it tells me the card is no good. In other words, Wet Seal SOLD ME AN EXPIRED DISCOUNT CARD. And they REFUSE to make good on it. I have filed a compliant with the BBB and am going to file a complaint on Monday morning with the Attorney general's Office. This is FRAUD. You cannot sell someone an expired discount card. I used to always buy from Wet Seal too and now they have lost a good customer because they refuse to fix their mistake. I would like to warn others out there to NOT BUY THEIR SEAL DEAL DISCOUNT CARD! What happened to me could easily happen to you...you pay for a discount card and they send you an expired one and then ignore you.

• Be
    Bea Aug 02, 2008

This is totally CORRECT. I came upon this article cause I was looking for news about some website glitche or something. I just bought a card and it says its expired and I just figured it was the website or something, but I see now this is a BIG problem and I am truly upset. I spend LOTS of my money at wetseal and I think I deserve to get what I pay for. Whats that BBB site? Im sending in my complaint!

• Ca
    caren Dec 07, 2008

They are truly an awful place to deal with once they have your money.

• Sh
    Sheena Jan 27, 2009

Omg I have similar problems with their serivce too! I had renewed my card back in november 2008 for $20! When I used it a couple days later, they said it was expired, but the girl was nice enough to give me the discount anyways. She even called the store where I had renewed it to see if I was in the system, but they said that it wasn't. So, I called customer service a couple days later to explain what happened. The lady told me that it probably took a few days for it to show because her system is saying that my card doesn't expire until November 2009. So, I tossed the receipt aside and didn't think anything of it. Anyways, the next time I used it again, same problem, still expired. The girl called customer service for me and this time, they told me that it's showing that I never renewed it. I had to explain all over again and at this point I am pissed because I don't remember where I left the damn receipt! The girl asked for my email. She emailed me asking if I remember the date I renewed it. I emailed back explaining the whole ordeal ALL OVER AGAIN and still haven't receive a freakin' reply!!! I called customer service like 2 or 3 times a few weeks after sending out the email and each time, they tell that "we'll look into it and call you back." I didn't trust them emailing me so gave my phone number and had asked them to leave a msg because I might not be able to pick up. I wasn't surprised that they never called. So, I called back a few days ago and demanded a refund because I done dealing that whole ###. The guy told me that sees 2 cards under my name and they probably reactivated the wrong card when I renewed it. He said that it shouldn't expired 'til July 2009. HELLO!!! The card should last ONE year not 8 months!! Plus, I haven't had the other card since 2 or 3 years ago!! He said that the only I can get a refund is to go back to the store I renewed. SOOO, I went 2 days later on a Sunday and the manager said that I have to wait 'til a weekday so she can call customer service to see what she can do for me because it's not letting do a refund since it's not an actual item or something. It is now January 2009 and they finally told me that have 2 options: I can either mail in my card so they mail out a check OR I can let them extend my expiration date 'til November 2009. I chose to extend because I didn't want send in the damn card and not get my money back. At least, this other option will allow me to have physical evidence that I own that card. I can't trust them on sending me back my money after all that ### I had to put up with the last few months with their service!!! DON'T SHOP AT WET SEAL!!!

Sandraco05 Oct 27, 2018

I HAVE A GIFT CARD THAT DDINT GET A CHANCE TO USE BEFORE IT CLOSED DOWN.. HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK??
    My contact info is [protected]