Menu

Western Union  -  Sending money to Jamaica

D
Author of the complaint
5:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I used the Western Union service located on St. Joseph Boulevard, Ottawa Ontario, Canada to send $700.00CAD, yesterday, 2 May 2022. The MTCN for this transaction is [protected]. Previously, I've sent approximately $3000.00CAD on several occasions all to the same recipient. The total amount sent to include the $700CAD that was blocked is well below the threshold (~$3900.00CAD) that FINTRAC and other Canadian government entities require to be reported.

During the conduct of all my transactions, two government issued identification cards were taken, and at least one each transaction was photocopied, to include my Department of Defence card. At no time did I breach international or local laws and yet my transfer was cancelled without notification to me - the sender. I was notified about the blockage by the recipient today, and after several unsatisfactory calls, the Western Union client service personnel failed to explain what the status of my transaction was at the time of calling and when I can receive my refund.

If my money is not received soonest I will use all available legal measures to seek financial compensation for the unexplained delays and my wasted time.

0 comments