Wells-Fargohome mortgage

V

On September 29, 2011, my fiance and I put an offer in on a house. The house was a short sale, and the realtor told us to tell our bank that it was a non-conforming house, meaning, it was a single-family residence that had been updated by the previous owner to include an in-law/guest suite, without obtaining a legal permit. I contacted Dan Kiehl at Wells-Fargo and told him this information and asked if WF would be able to finance a non-conforming residence, and he said he did not see a problem, as we were buying the property "as-is." We moved forward and got all of the required paperwork together needed for the closing and transaction, and the expected closing date was today, November 9, 2011. Throughout this time, my fiance and I made several calls to Dan. He either did not answer his phone or did not return the calls from the voice mail message we left him. Yesterday, ONE DAY before the closing, we both tried calling Dan at his office and on his cell phone and he did not answer. I decided to call his cell phone repeatedly until he answered, and when he finally did, I asked him where the HUD statement was, and he said that underwriting would not approve the loan due to the illegal addition, and that he just found out an hour ago (yeah, right). He said he told John last week that there might be a problem with underwriting. Truth is, he never said anything to my fiance, John, about a problem with underwriting. He lied, he lied, he lied. If he would have said this to John, John would have told me, as we both have been keeping up with what was going on with this house. Even if he did tell John that there might be a problem, he should have called us immediately after finding this information out. I am going to send an email to Dan and copy his boss, his boss's boss and corporate. What a shady deal. He made us pay for the bank appraisal to go out and look at the house ad now we are money that we will never get back. A warning to one and all, DO NOT BANK WITH WELLS FARGO!!!