Walt Disney WorldNo Refund

T

Disney has no means to file a complaint! They do not even have ANY 800 numbers to call them for ANY reason! The only email address I could find is for the CEO Robert A. Iger...

Robert A. Iger,
President and CEO of the Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
Email: robert.a.[protected]@disney.com
Mr. Robert Iger
This letter is in regard to me and my wife’s vacation to Disney World December 7, 2008. We had pre paid during the year as we are on fixed income and could not pay in full at once. We had pre paid for full seven day stay inside the park with the full meal plan. We went with my daughter, son-in-law and grandson. We had to make special arrangements for someone to stay with my mother as she had been living with us for the past two years due to Alzheimer’s disease. I had many reservations about leaving her but we really needed a break and we had a close family who offered to stay with her for the week.
We had reservations at the Pop Century Resort from Saturday to Friday night. Our park tickets were for Monday through Friday. Monday we were in the Magic Kingdom and just after lunch we received a cell call from Jane our friend who was staying with my mother saying she had collapsed and was transported to the emergency room. By that evening she had been moved to ICU at the hospital.
At that point my wife and I knew we had to go back home to be with her. It was too late to leave that evening and we didn’t want to face an eight hour drive back to Atlanta at night. We packed and got our car ready so we could leave early the next morning. At that time I was not thinking about our reservations at Disney or the money we had saved to go. I was very worried about my mother and what had happened to her. I was so upset my wife had to notify the front desk we would be checking out the next morning.
After returning home we discovered mother had a stroke and by all accounts would not recover. She was in the hospital until Saturday the 13 of December at which time we had to move her to a Hospice care facility. She passed away December 29.
About three months passed and I realized I needed to call Disney and get a refund for our vacation. That’s when the nightmare started all over. First things first, there is no 800 number to call. I was shocked. I had to make all calls on my time! The first person I spoke to at YOUR booking service made it clear that without vacation insurance I was entitled to no refund at all. My wife went over all our paperwork and in the fine print found it is so stated. After requesting a supervisor I was offered a refund of the remaing four nights we did not use. I was needless to say lived. Only after speaking to yet another supervisor was I offered a refund of the meal package we had remaining. I was also told I had 90 days from the time we checked out to receive complementary passes to the park for which we had not used. It had been three months and two weeks! Of the $1300 I had pre paid I received a $360 refund. My only regret is not writing a letter sooner. I was just too angry.
At this point in time I don’t expect anything from you, I’m writing this to get it off my chest. I don’t even expect a response from you. As I am retired with a disability my wife worked part time to make money so we could go on this trip only to lose it. It just makes me feel better to get it on paper! I have one more thing to say and that is me and my wife will never go to Disney world again and I can only hope that your Disney World will one day sink back into the swamp which it was built from. Disney would have been my last choice of a company that would not have given a refund of the products and services which we did not use. I cannot give you any of the accounts we used at the time as I canned all material and documents we had. That’s how upset I was then and now. I will also never recommend to anyone to vacation at Disney world or any Disney vacation resort or cruse.
My Regards
January 22, 2010
[protected]@bellsouth.net

• Ex
    exDisneyCustomer Mar 14, 2010

It is a amazing such a large company has no complaint line. But then they would have to hire a lot of people to handle the complaints. They don't care. They want your money and then they stress you out and treat you like cattle when you are there.

• toomuchluck Jan 31, 2010

I am sorry about your mother and the stressful events you encountered through Disney World. They should be ashamed of themselves for their lack of concern and customer service. I hope you get every dime back that you spent on your vacation. Thank you for sharing.