Vivitek CorporationFor 1 year and I've only been able to watch TV for 6 months!

I purchased a tv through Shop NBC in February of 2006. When the tv went bad and I tried to return it Shop NBC told me they have a strict 30 return policy.

This was approximately 6 months after the purchase. I followed their instructions on how to get repairs through the maker. After about 7 weeks of phone tag with them the problem was diagnosed. I was given a number and told to call it once the parts they were sending arrived. I received the parts on December 7,2006 I made my first call on December 8,2006. Since then I have made numerous calls to the number provided by Vivitek and never received a return call. The service company goes by the initials IAI (Integrated automated something). During the last week of December '06 and first week of January '07 I called Vivetek again to see if there was something they could do to help me get the repairs they have authorized. I have not received a call back from them either.

Next month I will have had this tv for 1 year and I've only been able to watch it for 6 months. It appears my only course of action is to have it repaired out of pocket and take them to court to recover repair costs.

John Bolo Jan 23, 2007

getting a hold of iai, I'm a tech for them and I cant even get a hold of them... ugh.

Brian Moore Jun 21, 2007

I have been calling Vivitek for a replacement lamp since March 21, 2007. It is June 21, 2007 and Vivitek is still giving me a run around for a replacement lamp. I have even ask to speak with a manager to no avail. I am considering sending a letter off to NY A.G This company should not be able to sell DLP's for $2,400 without any parts service department that can get the job done.

Brad Seward Nov 25, 2007

Trying to contact Vivitek with a complaint? Good luck w/that. Buyers beware when purchasing a Vivetek television from ShopNBC.com. I've never encountered more hassles.

• To
    Tony Harrison Dec 01, 2007

I am fortunate that my Vivitek hasn't caused me as much headaches as you have had, although my lamp just went out after 6,000 hours and now I am starting to look for another lamp. One thing I am going to try is my homeowners warranty to see if I am covered, probably not but it's worth a try. Like you next time I plan to buy local.

Brian Borchers Jan 24, 2008

I bought a vivitek 56" HD tv from shopnbc a year ago. I have replaced the lamp 3 times now, and now something else is wrong. So i call the idiots, and they tell me to go to vancebaldwin.com for replacement parts and a manual on how to fix it, cause they think it is the power modual, ya right, well i tried that, i even called them today and guess what...no manual or parts for my brand. This place is a joke... I AM TELLING EVERYONE, DONT BUY NOTHING FROM VIVITEK, you will just get screwed in the end...

• De
    Deryck Brooks Feb 25, 2008

I am really surprised , or should I be, that this company has been allowed to continue producing this garbage TV and selling it to the public. I also fell victim to Shop NBC, I have replaced on lamp already, now I need a ballast for the lamp because the power cuts out intermittently. I have no idea where to get this part. Has any one else had to replace the ballast, if so where did you buy it. I even wrote to better business bureaus in NY and California, of course I got no satisfaction from doing this, only more frustration. We should start a class action suit against Vivitek.

• Da
    David Conner Mar 19, 2008

We bought a Vivitek 56" DLP television from CNBC. First, it was not delivered on the date that CNBC promised. When they were bringing it into the house, they slide the box along our new carpet and stained the carpet. Now having had the television for 1 year, the lights on the front are blinking, green and orange.

I need help with what is wrong with it. Is it worthwhile to fix? Where do you get the parts to fix it?

Thank you.

• Fr
    frank caruso Apr 21, 2008

Hi Fellow Screwed by General Electric,
    i also have a 56 vivijunk tv. this is the second one. i bought the first one about "05. it was as you know a piece of junk. but when Dave Letterman was having a problem with his contract many years ago i remember him flashing a sign "GE Sucks". so, when i had trouble i wrote to the board of directors, presidents office, and i received all of my money back. the set, at the time,
    was over a year old, but i had reported the problem in the year warrantee time spand. considereing the amount of business NBC shopping does, they didn't want a hassle with anyone.
    i bought a second one for 1399. i'm having trouble again. if i don't receive satisfaction in a reasonable amount of time, then i start my email deluge again.
    good luck. the board of directors who are making millions do not want to be bothered by people like you and me.
    good luck. if you need more info, please email.
    see ya,
    frank

• Mi
    MiffedinWA May 10, 2008

To All in this thread,

I invite you yo join our fight to get Vivitek and all the rest of the corporate thieves that have ripped us off with these televisions.

Here's the link to the Big Screen forum thread and the contact info for 20/20. [url] http://www.bigscreenforums.com/forum_topic.cfm?which=3763&p=53 [/url]

Best of luck,
    Miffed

• Ml
    M.L. in Oklahoma May 20, 2008

I too have a Vivitek 56". I actually purchased it from a friend in need, who had just purchased it from shopnbc. I actually had a Hitachi 60" that was 12 years old at the time. Never, ever had a problem with it. I figured it was probably time for a new tv. I thought that my Hitachi would probably be going out soon. I traded it to my friend along with cash, for this new Vivitek. It is less than a year old when, it started to flicker with black and white lines across it. I just replaced the lamp at a cost of $175. It worked fine for a couple of days, then it started doing it again. You can watch it for about 5-10 minutes then it starts to flicker again. Thank God, I'm not epileptic or I'm sure it would cause full blown seizures. So, I find out that it is the optical module that needs to be replaced. My local repair man, of course, does not have one and can not get one. Surely, can not get a live person from Vivitek . And, Vance Baldwin tells me that the part is $1197. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I have never in my life seen such crap products or customer service. This definately should be illegal. I sent an e-mail to Vivitek today telling how disgusted I was and that everyone I knew and don't know would certainly be informed of their horrible products and non existent customer service. Of course, I will not pay to replace the part, I'm thinking the only good that will come out of this tv is target practice in the backyard!! Guess this time I will definately go back to Hitachi.

• Pa
    paige Aug 21, 2008

my dad bought a friggin vivitek tv after i told him it got a ton of bad reviews.
    we have to replace the bulb every 2 months,
    and now i think the ballast is gone bad and cant find one anywhere.
    ugh never again will i own anything vivitek

• Ka
    KAREN VOGEL Nov 04, 2008

WE BOUGHT A 52'' VIVITEK ALSO FROM SHOPNBC, AND WHAT A RIP OFF WITH THEM. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SHOPNBC WOULD EVEN SELL PRODUCTS WITH AS MANY COMPLAINTS AS THEY GET. I ONLY HAVE HAD MY TV FOR 2 YEARS, AND NOW MAKES A VERY BAD HUMMING NOISE. I RESEARCHED THE TV AND FOUND A TROUBLESHOOTER GUIDE AND WE THINK IT IS AN OPTICAL MODULE. WHERE TO FIND ONE ???? I CALLED VANCE BALDWIN AND ONE PERSON SAYS 900.00 TO GET PART AND THE OTHER WE TALKED TO THERE SAYS THEY HAVE NO PARTS. SO WHATS UP WITH THAT. SHOPNBC SAYS WHEN THEY ADVERTISED WITH THE GUY WHO SELLS THE PRODUCT ON THEIR SHOW, THAT IT WOULD LAST FOR 20 YEARS. OK 2 YEARS IS NOT 20. . NOW WE HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE NOISE OR FIND ANOTHER TV SOMEWHERE. OK, VIVITEK, YOU NEED TO STAND BY YOUR PRODUCTS YOU SELL, AS WELL AS SHOPNBC.

• Wa
    Wayne Epps Nov 21, 2008

I bought a vivitek 56" HD tv from shopnbc a little over year ago, and it stop working and will not turn on
    I can't find anyone who will work on them and the company will not help you. This was false advertisement by ShopNBC on this product. I have went to other site and I truly believe that they knew this product was defect but they continued to promote the sale of this junk. We need to come together and forward this to the department of commerce, because the federal government needs to get involve when you have commerce being sold over the country on TV with this kind of fraud.

• Bo
    bob45 May 06, 2009

I also got scammed by Vivitek and shopnbc. Everyone please file a claim with the Better Business Bereau here;

marlene baye Jun 30, 2009

i have one to and it is broken to i replaicedthe bulb three times .but i am able to buy one this is the number to call and get one 1 800 664 6671 and you can talk to a person she will help you .my eamile is [email protected] and be glad to help you.

marlene baye Jun 30, 2009

yes it is true is allways broken the lamp went out three times it is out agin i hope it is the lamp

angery person 09 Sep 26, 2009

bought a vivitek projector. Came with a cd manual user guide that didn't tell a thing about how to hook up to a laptop computer and what cables were needed for this system. Don't these things usually come wiht installation cds? Not sure how to get this thing going.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices