Visions Electronics - Calgary, Albertawarranty not honoured

Calgary, Alberta
Canada
Visions.ca

Here is my story ..

My LC52LE810U has what happens to look like "blemishes" when there is a grey or similar color background using my computer as a display or the TV picture has similar color background..there are about 4 regions on the display that show this, some larger than others. I did some research online and this is also referred to as a bright region-Mura defect...There is also some clouding/banding.

I purchased the first Quattron on April 9 2010..got a replacement TV in June of 2010 (due to the blemish issue)  and here we go again, the exact same issue arises... I love the extra colour in this TV but having this blemish issue again is a concern.

And this is what happened when I went to Visions..

I went  into Visions  this past weekend to get an update from a salesperson that I bought the TV from and was told by him and seen the email that was sent to  him in regards to my issues.

The email started with “there is nothing we can do for this  customer” ….

It also stated that I was using my monitor as a draughting monitor which I am not, I am using it as part of my HTPC (Home Theatre PC). To have blemishes show is not acceptable and to have myself told it is within “specifications” is even more frustrating.

Sharp replaced my TV last year when it had the same issue with the blemishes yet since I am now on the Visions extended warranty, the TV will not be replaced.

I was told by Sharp when I called them that the pictures provided by the Tech from Southland TV that came to my house were taken too close and not of sufficient quality to see the defects.

I sent my pictures to Sharp and Visions  which does show the issue yet I am still told that this is within “specifications”. If these blemishes are with “specifications”, Sharp will never be on my list of TV’s to purchase again.Nor will be Visions to ever shop at again...