Viking Magazine ServiceScam - Strong-Arm Tactics

I've read complaints already posted on this site about these sharks, and have the same horrible experiences.
Just yesterday, a friend I know only by blogging and e-mail sends me a note telling me to call her, that it was important.
"D" tells me she'd received TWO messages on HER CELL PHONE to have me call them FOR A REFUND. This company refused to cancel back in August, 2008, even after I explained I was on permanent disability and just released from the hospital. I also receive random magazines I NEVER ordered, never saw the few I was suckered in to subscribe to with the notion that they were something like $5.00 each for 2 years.
I AM BLOWN AWAY AT THEIR AUDACITY TO CALL MY FRIEND! I don't know HOW they got her cell phone number. As another consumer said on this site, the "refund scam" is a lure to call in so they can tack on additional monies to collect.
Due to long standing health issues, my credit is bad already, but for those who have something to protect, I would perhaps suggest doing what I'm planning to do: get in touch with the NYC area media "problem solver" reporters and try to get this company as much "Bad Publicity" as they deserve and then some.
THEY ARE ###!

• Re
    rebecca damron Apr 02, 2009

i totally agree with thembeing a scam. i have beenbutchered for 4 months by these people. they call my home phone and leve threatening abusive messages. i have had it. they want me to pay, but i told tem to cancel it. id like to know hoe to get rid of them for good

• Ru
    Rusty Schmick Feb 26, 2011

I subscribe to Viking Magazine Service's titles and I know that when you agree to the service they tell you in their little schpeal that you can't cancel because they prepay the whole length of your service or something like that. Its quite rediculous, but it is a financial commitment and it definitely goes to show that you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER give your credit or bank info or ANY kind of financial information over the phone.