Video Professorfraud/scam/theft

i didn't even order this. it came in the mail, i didn't even opened it, thought it was junk mail...

weeks later my card is charged 189.95...WTF?

i called them and inquired about it, they told me of the package they sent...i pulled the package from the pile and there it was...some BS i didn't want nor asked for..

found out when i made a purchase on another website called tagged.com they submitted me without my permission for the free whatever from vid professor. (knowing full well it wasn't free, nor did i ask for it)

i've been waiting a month after i returned that crap to be refunded and all i get is the runaround now...they got it Oct. 2-3, and it's november 2 today...

F_ _ _ them. I'm pressing charges

• Ka
    Kathy Downey Apr 16, 2007

I returned my package unopened to them the day after it came. They sent a letter to me one day after my card was billed. Then when I called I was told that I would not be credited for the return and had to have the package sent back to me.

Now I know that that is a lie on their part because others have credited back to a card before. My other option is to contest the billing on my card from them, get a return tracking number, and send it back again.

Charles Price Apr 20, 2007

I am currently involved in litigation with Video Professor regarding their use of, in my opinion, highly deceptive business practices. I have created the website http://www.prowebpromotion.com, a blog dedicated to possible scams associated with video PC training. I would encourage all consumers & present or former employees of Video Professor, or any other companies offering video PC training, to post their experiences there. While I am broadly interested in the PC training industry in general, I am particularly interested in hearing from those consumers who feel they have been deceived by Video Professor, or those current or former employees who may have direct knowledge of any deception or unsavory business practices. In order to establish that Video Professor has engaged in deceptive business practices, I will have to demonstrate that their conduct impacts the public generally. So, testimonials from other folks out there would likely help me with my case. Since many video PC training companies, including Video Professor, do not allow customers to post comments to their sites, this site could also be a good way to centralize and save a repository of consumer complaints, and hopefully could become a place potential customers would visit before deciding on a pc training company.

I would also encourage anyone who feels that they have been wronged by Video Professor or any other video PC training company to complain to their states' Attorney General. Links to the AG in each state can be found on the first page of the http://www.prowebpromotion.com website. If enough people complain to the attorneys general, there is hope that these business practices – which needless to say I find questionable -- will be stopped, and even hope that consumers might be given refunds of money already paid.

Charles Price May 30, 2007

My dispute with Video Professor has been amicably resolved. I have requested that my prior posting be removed. Since it has not been removed to date, I am posting again to report that the dispute has been resolved.

• Ji
    Jim Vaughn Aug 09, 2008

I returned three software programs as instructed with the return numbers written on each of the software packages. This was done on 6/19/08. I was told they had to be returned before 6/30/08. I call 2 weeks after shipping and was told that the product had been received and I had to wait 15 business days for a credit to be issued to my account. During this call I was told the product was received 6/22/08. I was told that this credit should be issued by the 28th of July. I called again on 7/31/08 and was told by Jeff that I should have already recieved the credit, because it had been approved. He told me he was sending a manual request for refund credit then. He said it would be 3 to 5 business days for the credit to come. As of 8/9/08 no refund has come. This is 6 six business days from 8/1/8.

• Vp
    V.P. Response Aug 11, 2008

V.P. is eager to help our customers with their concerns. Please contact our Executive Customer Assurance Department directly at [protected]. You will be responded to within one business day.

• Bi
    Bill Dec 25, 2008

So you mean your complaint was just your own personal complaint? I assumed you were in litigation on the behalf of other clients besides yourself.

• Bo
    Bobby Feb 09, 2009

Unbelievable. I ordered the "ebay" free...return if you don't like it yada yada...Now I have 2 charges of 189.xx on my statement and 2 charges of 6.95.

Now the boxes keep coming, and I haven't even opened them. Called them, and they tried to make me feel better by saying that they would remove the 2 6.95 charges and 1 of the 189.xx charges.

My next step is to contact my card holder.

I told the lady that this was misrepresentation. She claimed that the agreement states that I have 10 days to return. When I asked her... "do you have many similar calls to mine in a given day...complaining about unknown charges?" She said "yes...all day!" Well then...you have your answer. You are employed by a snake oil salesman trying to make a living thru deception.

And by the way...the video on ebay was the most poorly production you could imagine. The graphics were terrible, and the information was 3rd grade level. I learned nothing. I thougt it might have some good tips, but it didn't.

The video professor is a fraud.

• Vp
    V.P. Response Feb 18, 2009

• Pe
    Pebble Mar 13, 2009

I submitted a cancelation email on the 8th and rcvd an automated email back stating I would be contacted in 2 business days, well 3 days went by and still no reply so I resubmitted the request, and then this morning I rcvd an email stating that my cancellation was done today, ya after they rcvd my money from the bank today...They stated that my refund would be denied because I agreed to their terms, but I did submit my request before they rcvd the money sho according to their terms I should get my money back...They denied it.

Debback56 Jun 24, 2009

It is amazing that this complaint was posted last year. I have had almost an identical experience and have been told the same things one year later. It is obvious the telephone operators all have the same script. I returned my product in March, have been told it was received on April 08, and can copy the exact wording from the above, wait 10 days,

"was told by Jeff that I should have already recieved the credit, because it had been approved. He told me he was sending a manual request for refund credit then. He said it would be 3 to 5 business days for the credit to come. As of 8/9/08 no refund has come. This is 6 six business days from 8/1/8."

Just change the dates to this year--exact same runaround. I still have not received my refund.

santexhorn Jun 29, 2009

I ordered the product and returned the whole package . They received it on April 11 and since I have called weekly about my refund to hear it is being processed. Still today June 29 I still have not received my refund. my calls have become daily calls with E-Mails being sent to Vp and CEO with no response. I have filled a complaint with the BBB. I would encourage that no one do business with them. They exsperience poor business skills.

• Yd
    ydeleo Jul 04, 2009

I also have not received my refund after i sent my Video Professor back

• Mi
    Michael Bolton Jul 08, 2009

I agreed to an online ad for a CD lesson for 6.95 shipping and handling. I did not read anywhere in the ad the lesson had to be returned in a specific time frame or 189.95 would be billed to my credit card. After contacting the company and dealing with the most rude and arrogant customer service personnel, they offered a refund of the 189.95. I was told it would take 21 days to process the refund. After the 21 days, I called the same nasty customer service reps back and was told they would put me on the fast track refund and it would take another 10-15 days. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. THE PRODUCT IS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHES OR LIES.

• Re
    refundme Jul 09, 2009

They have done the same to me since May. So today I filed a complaint with the BBB, FTC, and my state's attorney general's office. I hope I get my refund.

notstandingforit Jul 15, 2009

Pretty much the same as everyone else. However, when I called
    their customer service center I was told they would e-mail me
    a "violation" form (appropriate word) in a few minutes. I was also
    told I could find the shipping invoice inside the box that was sent to me. After several e-mails from me to video professor and several
    calls to the "customer service center" I was told that the original information that I received from a customer service representative was misleading! I had also asked the original service rep. that I had
    not received a shipping invoice in the packages sent to me, which
    is a standard business practice. He told me to look in the boxes that
    contained the products. I could find no invoice, and when I called
    the service center again I was told it was not company policy to
    include shipping invoices. (That was after I spoke to one rep
    who did not know what a shipping invoice was and I had to ask
    for a supervisor who did know what a shipping invoice was).

I informed the service center that there is a law in the State of
    Florida which states that any company de-frauding the citizens
    of Florida, whether within the state or any other state, could not
    do further business in the State of Florida. I also stated that I
    felt this might be the case in other states. I am considering asking
    the State Attorney General for an immediate Cease & Desist Order
    in order to investigate this company.

I am also taking all of the complaints I have taken off of sites like
    this one to the local TV and cable stations and asking they do no
    further business with this company so as to not become
    complicit in misleading and possibly fraudulent business
    practices and "preying" on their local customers.

See:Misrepresentation in Complaints.

Check to see if your State has a similar law to Florida's regarding
    companies conducting fraud in the State of Florida OR ANY OTHER
    STATE, will be barred from doing business in Florida. All it takes
    is copies of all of the complaints, details of dealings with Video
    Professor, etc. to ask for an IMMEDIATE cease and desist order to
    investigate the company's business practices!

notstandingforit Jul 15, 2009

Oh, yes. I was also told by the customer service department that
    they could not give me anyone else within the company to contact
    regarding what has gone on, so I guess any replies supposedly
    by others at Video Professor may also be misleading????

From: Misrepresentation (Florida)

See my complaints and then check with your state to see if they
    have similar laws.

• St
    Stacy20202020 Jul 16, 2009

BIG SCAM!!! I am going to have to get a lawyer and litigate in order to get back my $200. I got scammed the same way. Wish I had googled Video Professor one time before ordering, I would have saved myself a lot of trouble. Just saw info about a lawsuit in 2017 where Vdieo Professor actually tried to sue consumers for posing negagive reviews about their scam but later withdrew it. Horrible company!!!

• Np
    nps Aug 02, 2009

My husband and myself ordered a CD from video professor called the Internet learning CDs . it is said, you only have to pay shipping and handling which is$6.95. We received the CDs and in less than a week we were charged on our credit card the amount of $189.95. My husband and I called for the boggus charge of $189.95 on our credit card.They told us to sent back one CD and they will refund the money in 7 to 10 business days. After 10 business days they told us it takes between 1 to 30 days, after 30 days we called the representatives said the processing department have not processed it as yet. We called again and they told us we will have to wait a while. it is now two months and we haven't got our money back. It is very overbearing...Now my advice to everyone who wants to order anything from Video Processor .please I am begging you, don't do it! It is a rip off !they are THIEVES, THIEVES, RIPOFFS...

JamLloToday Aug 04, 2009

I belive all the complaints. I order the product for less $5.00. before I knew it Video Professor charge my account over $400.00. My banks close the account and re-issued me a new account, because of Video Pofessor activities on my account.

• Br
    Brian Olson Aug 05, 2009

We invite any customer to contact our Escalated Customer Assurance team by calling [protected] or logging on to www.letvideoprofessorhelp.com.

Brian Olson
    Vice-President of Public Affairs
    Video Professor, Inc.

• Am
    Amorr9 Aug 05, 2009

Hello,

I will say, that I share the sentiments I've read on this site with regards to Video Profesor! However, if you want to be treated with a small grain of professionalism, try calling the 800 number on your bank statement rather than the customer service (and i use the term lightly) number listed on their website. ... Night and Day!

duhhhh Aug 11, 2009

read the terms before you click accept

duhhhh Aug 11, 2009

try reading the terms before you click accept

duhhhh Aug 11, 2009

maybe they couldn't understand what you are typing

• Sh
    Shimmer Aug 22, 2009

I have been waiting for a refund since 3/20/09, I returned the second, and unwanted version of the Ebay Advanced. It has now been 5 months. They told me it would take one to two business cycles to refund the money (are you kidding!) but by July there was still no refund. I have called 7 or 8 times and keep being put off. Finally, I called my bank and am disputing the charge. This is one way to maybe get some clout behind complaints. I wonder how many complaints and claims the large banks have on this company. Maybe they will go after them. I am so disgusted. I am telling everyone I know to beware.

• Dl

7/16/9 First call - left message
    7/17/9 No return call, sent eMail
    7/21/9 Account Charged $189.95

7/21/9
    Called and got through to a live person. Told it would take 3 or 4 days to get a return call from the busy queue, After pointing out that a a 3 to 4 day wait for a 10 day return policy was totallly unacceptable to any reasonable business practice that was never mentioned again. After much discussion it was agreed that it could be returned for refund of the $189.95, Process would start when they received the return.

7/22/9
    Sent Priority Mail delivery confirmation # [protected]

7/25/9
    Delivered at 11:50 AM on July 22, 2017 in DENVER, CO 80219

7/31/9 (apx)
    Called on process of refund. Acknowledged receipt though not logged in as received until 7/23, Refund being processed.

8/5/9 (apx)
    Called on process. Told it could take up to 30 days

8/19/9 (apx)
    Called on process. Told it was up to 30 BUSINESS days, not calendar days.

9/9/9
    30 Business days up. No refund. Called and was told she didn't know why it hadn't gone through but she would resubmit it. Told it would take another 10 to 15 days and that she was going to send a form for getting a refund of the bank fees. (never received)

FYI: The original call and eMail never were returned.

9/18/9
    Received letter saying that there was a form I had to fill out and return within 30 days from request for refund
    "VIDEO PROFESSOR'S Violation of 30-day Return Policy Review Instructions" and that's just for the original $190

9/18/9
    (3 times) Calling, busy
    Got in wait queue and then cut off at 5 MST

9/19/9 Called

Talked to Anna #3801
    Transferred to manager: Michael #3618

Told don't know why the 30-day form was sent.
    Told there wasn't a form for getting bank charges back but to FAX bank statements to [protected] and they would consider it. Told refund of original $190 was "in process". Told that there was no one above Michael that I could talk to and that there was no one in the company who could say "get it done" and have it done. Oh yes, and I was told that even though they are a computer software company and I don't get a paper statement, it would have to be printed out and faxed - apparently they can't handle an eMail attachment.

I finally got angry. How many times have I heard "it's in process" before in the last two months? It's amazing how many things got lost or done wrong. I'm very tired of being told one thing by one person and something else by another. I'm very tired of the time frame shifting every time I call in.

Finally, Michael was supposed to transfer me back to the rep to give me the FAX number. Instead he hung up and I had to call back to get that. I immediately called back and got the same rep, Anna. As she answered the phone she and someone else were having a really good laugh.

9/20/9
    Filed complaint with BBB

9/21/9
    Refund made? Not showing up in my account. No mention of the bank charges. Another bounce charge will hit for today ... another $35 or $50

At this point they owe me $476 + the original $189.95 for a grand total of $650.95.

I'm disabled and on a fixed income. After this last round of medical bills, I no longer have any savings, retirement or anything like that to tap into to make up for the lost money. I can't just go out and get a job. I can't stand for any length of time, I don't even have a car (it was totaled when stolen)

The course I was checking out was the home business course. In itself, the course was well enough made and someone who didn't know anything about it probably could have benefitted from it. It just didn't have much that I didn't already know. I went ahead and spent the money I had elsewhere on some different training places and never thought twice about canceling the Video Professor one. After all, it's always on TV, it's been around for a long time, no fly by night operation.

• Ia
    I am mad Pam Sep 29, 2009

After a referal from AOL to get a free CD on Windows Vista for a shipping fee of $6.95 I was sent 4 cd and $189.95 was taken out of my checking account. Even though I sent this all back to them it is going to take at least 30 days to get the money back into my account and they have taken more money out of my account for what a shipping fee!!! I paid the shipping fee!!!<br />
    I am into over $200.00 to this company over the mistake of fast talking legall small print on a web site that make there way of doing business legall?? There ought to be a law!!! And I still had to send the free CD back!!

• Ia
    I am mad Pam Sep 29, 2009

I hear that I can't pay my rent this month because of them! There really needs to be a law against people doing business like this!

Debra Klein Oct 01, 2009

I made the mistake of believing the television ad that boasts you can learn how to use your computer more effectively by ordering a teaching cd on the subject of your choice. what they don't tell you is when you order via the website, you automatically receive all the cds and it is your responsibility to return the ones you don't want or you will be charged a
    whopping $189.95!!! Imagine my surprise when I checked my bank balance and saw the debit for $189.95.

Since I was not expecting that charge, I bounced a check also, adding $35.00 to my negative balance.

please do not use Video Professor, do not believe their ads----they are purposely vague with the details of how their business really operates. I have been out of work for 18 months and just recently went back to work. I really could not afford to spend $189.95 on something I will never use and can't sell.

Debra Klein Oct 01, 2009

how can this company continue to rip people off??? doesn't anyone listen to us?
    how can we let more people know about this deceptive company?

the only revenge is to hit them in the pocketbook they way they hit us.

Debra Klein Oct 01, 2009

how can we get the word out??? this company is purposely deceptive----there must be some way to put them out of business or at least get them to be more accurate with their claims and more upfront about the terms.

• Me
    meleah Oct 03, 2009

Video proffesor...i wanted to try if "for free" like they said. well AFTER i gave the lady on the phone my credit card number then she decided to tell me everything i was being charged for...it wasnt free duh! well then she said before thirty days is up i can return it to get a refund all except $20...so its not a free cd...its a $20 cd. anyway i returned it within the time limit and about 5 or 6 days later $185 was taken directly from my account putting me in the negetive which i later had to repay plus the fees. wll i called them and complained and the lady said she would fix it and it would take 25-30 business days for my money to be put back... 25 days went bt and i called them, they said it was still pending. 30 days went by and still no money! john sherer can kiss my ###!

• Mi
    mileytruck Oct 03, 2009

All these CD's he sells, you can go online and get free tutorials for don't ever buy from this place.

Joh l Oct 20, 2009

I am an attorney currently investigating a possible lawsuit against VP for exactly the type of problems you have expressed. I would be interested in communicating with you to explore you possibly joining the lawsuit where you may be entitled to monetary compensation. I can be reached at [protected], or [email protected] I look forward to hearing from anyone who wishes to share their story with us. Thank you

JAIERE2001 Oct 29, 2009

TO EVERYONE...I ALWAYS USE MY BANK DEBIT CARD FOR PURCHASES...I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME WITH VIDEO PROFESSOR AND SO HAVE THOUSANDS OF OTHERS...CALL YOUR BANK AND DISPUTE DISPUTE DISPUTE!!! THEY WILL INVESTIGATE AND YOU WILL ALSO GET YOUR MONEY BACK...THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS USED MY BANK CARD!!! HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE.

• Di
    dilseedil11 Nov 02, 2009

Positive and I fall in same catagory

• Jt
    j tagg Nov 03, 2009

I purchased video professor and was told i would be charged a nominal fee for shipping; i could return the items within ten days and receive a full refund. On the website there was NOTHING about a $189 charge.

The $189 charge appeared within less than 10 days, and get this, it has been over TWO MONTHS since I returned the CD's and I still don't have my money back!

if they can charge within a week, why can't they return my money in less than 8 weeks? How can they get away with this?

JT

• Fr
    freedom from fraud Nov 12, 2009

I ordered the publisher 2017 to save money and help our 501c3 non profit program to grow by learning the new ways to create flyers and newsletters. I agreed to the shipping and handling charges, and to the 10 day free trial, to check it out, and try to save some time, rather then taking a local college course. when we got the cd's from video professor, it looked ok, but it didnt show me what i trtuly needed to learn.
    so I called the number to the customer service, and they said I had passed the 10 day trial, but then changed her tune and gave me the new return code, to start the refund process. what they did not mention was that they billed you ten days from the order date. and not the time of arrival, so your ten days has then been cut to 7 days, and the ten days also includes the 3 days it takes to send it back so you really only have 4 days to look at the cd's. but the real shocker is when you live on a fixed income, and try to do something nice to help others, and you get coned by a smooth talking saleman that spends your money to further advertise to trick others . I sent the entire package back registered mail, and aalso insured the package for the 200 dollars it cost me to try the product. and mail it back to them, they had to sign for the return package. but have still not returned the $189.95 that the customer service rep told me we would recieve our money back within ten days, which is merely a ploy to hold your money, when you contact them back they said how sorry they was that the other cs rep didnt file the refund right, and that they had made the needed changes, so that we could receive our prompt refund. prompt was how they get our money. and only thru long suffering will you see a dime.
    I contacted my bank and filed a formal complaint for fraude on video professor, for failure to return our money as quickly as they took it . this has been a real learning experience, from the video professor, if anyone gives they the credit card number, or debit card numbers, then you can look for a massive 189.95 cent charge to be added to the 9.95 for shipping and handling charges. this consumer suggests that the best way not to be taken to the cleaners by the video professor is to use disposable credit car5ds that dont have your name printed on them, you can buy a 10 dollar card or any amount you want as long as the card says visa or master charge on the front . that way you can enjoy the trial cd's and if you choose to keep them you just add the 189.95 to the disposable card !