Complaints & Reviews

account was suspended with no grounds for suspension-rewards are being withheld

My name is Heather Beaudreau.
Email address is: [protected]@gmail.com

I submitted an email to the valued opinions customer service on September 15, 2019. The email was in regards to an error message that I received when I tried to redeem my rewards points earned on their website from completing surveys.
The error code I received on their website was: QSB0303-17.

I received a generic reply to my email, on 9/15:
"Thank you for your email.

We're sorry to hear you have had issues with your Valued Opinions account. We are investigating and will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks again and have a great day."

After that initial response from Valued Opinions, I did not receive another email. So I sent another email on 9/18/19 to ask about the status of my email request to resolve the issue about redeeming my rewards points.

I finally received an email back on 9/20/2019, subject lined: "Questions about Rewards [Incident: [protected]]" stating that :
"Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the accuracy and attentiveness of your account activity has been flagged, and upon review of your account, we have been forced to suspend your account.
As a member of our program you may only have one account, provide accurate profile information and survey responses. You must also be thoughtful and attentive in responding to our surveys. When we have concerns about any of these program rules we are obligated to take steps to investigate and unfortunately suspend accounts.
We do not take account suspension lightly and do so only when account issues have been identified. At this time your account has been indefinitely suspended and you will no longer be able to participate in surveys or claim rewards from our website.

Thank you for your understanding."

They did not give a specific reason why my account was suspended. They only listed multiple reasons why someone's account would potentially be suspended.
Their claims that the "accuracy and attentiveness of my account activity" is somehow grounds for suspending my account is completely unwarranted and without any evidence. It is apparent that their email reply to me is only a template they use, and it contained no specific details about my specific account, nor did it list any specifics about what it is I did that should have caused them to suspend my account and withhold the rewards money that I earned legitimately.

They now have received my personal information and opinions, as well as my time and effort to complete surveys for their benefit, and they are refusing to compensate me.

I would like to have my $38.25 in rewards provided to me. I don't care to have my account reinstated, but I do believe I deserve the compensation for the surveys I completed. Especially since there is no evidence to support their very unclear claims that I violated their terms of service.

I can assure you that I did nothing that violated their terms. I only honestly and accurately answered the questions in the surveys presented to me via their website. I also only provided accurate and honest profile information to gain access to the surveys they offered to me.

Thank you for taking the time to read my complaint.

Joolzie17 Oct 02, 2019

Hi Heather, I've had exactly the same thing happen to me. I went to cash out for a Coles voucher and then got the QSB0303-17 error. I don't know if it is a co-incidence but I also have $38.25 in my account too. I do not have multiple accounts and I've always taken care in completing surveys. I just want the money that I've earned. Did you eventually get your money from them?

All the best,
    Julie

Janine Bowen Dec 12, 2019

This same thing happened to me and I got the exact same email reaponse. When I replied asking them for more specific information about why my account was suspended they replied with the same generic message again. I have over $156 in e-rewards money and I can't do anything with it.

valued opinions

I have been a member for over 10 years achieving their own ranking of "Diamond" the highest level you can achieve.
In the past few weeks I have received no surveys which is unusual as even if you don't qualify you still get the surveys through.
After receiving none I contacted Valued Opinions and to my shock and disgust they have terminated my account due to many reasons and I have lost my credits which I have built up over 2 years a good £60 worth.
On checking their social media it seems I am not the only one this has happened to which makes me highly suspicious of their true motives. I have aren't those rewards fair and square and although I don't want to be a member anymore I want my rewards

Janina Siddle Aug 12, 2019

I am fed up of getting emails to advise that I have a survey but then to be advised that there isn't one. This has been going on for weeks. After contacting Valued Opinions they told me to clear my cache. I did this and it made no difference whatsoever!! I have been with them for years and am now totally dissatisfied.

account suspension

This company have served me with an extremely strong worded email implying that I have misused their website in some way and have suspended my account. They have not given a clear reason for this and their responses have been heavily templates meaning that they are either irrelevant to my original request, or they are unclear and inaccurate.
I contacted the support service of ValuedOpinion Surveys as I noticed I was no longer receiving surveys to complete. This issue occurred immediately after I redeemed my first $20 reward. I questioned the issue, then the timing of the 2 events after I received 2 responses that gave me no clarification whatsoever as to why this was happening to my account. I had noticed that the survey offers became slower and more irregular when I was getting close to achieving my first reward and wondered whether or not this was part of their strategy. I was receiving 3-4 email offers to complete surveys everyday when I signed up, sometimes more. When I actively started participating and my rewards points accumulated the communication and availability of surveys dropped off, then I finally got to my $20 reward and I have had no offers or emails at all for 6 weeks.
I did redeem my $20 voucher and had no issue with it when I used it at the store I chose, however but I have no other option than to assume that once they have you and give you a little reward, they restrict you but continue to share your survey and personal data, as most of the surveys drop cookies.
I have received another email from VAluedOpinion support team this morning and it is very strongly worded, but unclear, telling me they have investigated my account and as such they are suspending it, and that they take breaches very seriously.
I have rwsponded advising I have acted in full accordance with T&Cs and that I would register a formal complaint. I firmly believe that they have not acted according to their own policies and have not delivered in their promises to offer a certain amount of surveys in return for a certain amount of rewards each month, and I believe they are using my data for profit benefits even though my account is suspended.

Please advise next steps

re:diamond status account of 16 years suspended

I've had an account with them for 16 years. Always kept my personal information up to date and have alway...

account suspension

My account with £128+ credit has been suspended. I was not even advised of this until I contacted you. I have telephoned today and sent an email and messages via Facebook which have not been responded to. A vague auto-response message has been sent citing accuracy/attentiveness re surveys ??? so why have my surveys been allowed ot accumalte to such a high value if there are problems. There is also some rubbish re more than one account - explain!. I am furious and on reading other reviews this is rife and done repeatedly to other participations. It is theft, I have earned this and you are witholding payment. Other participants report no reply to emails, telephone calls etc so is this the way you are going to deal with my complaint?. Is this ethical, is it legal. I will continue to hound you and highlight what you are doing to people. I will not give up.

unethical behaviour

I have been member of this company for long time and was doing online surveys and spent lot of hours doing them and saving money in the account. But after I had saved around $100 NZD. They suddenly stopped my account.
I sent lot of complain request to them and they only told me that my opinion in the surveys was not up to mark.
As each survey only give between $1 to $3 so after around 50 surveys they are saying that my answers were not up to mark and blocked my account.
I would like to have money returned to me as its illegal to hire someone to work and dont pay for hard work done and time spent without any proper explanation.

Joolzie17 Oct 02, 2019

Hi Sam, I've had this happen to me to. Just wondering if you received your money or made a formal complaint? $100 is a lot to lose. It would have taken you many hours to earn that much.

account reactivation-reg.

2 1/2 years back they stopped to send surveys to my account.I don't know the reason.I have contacted through...

valued opinions website - not loading properly - unable to view profile or redeem rewards

Hi there

I have been a Valued Opinions customer for years, and everything has been going well. Up until recently that is, where for the past few weeks I (and others) are unable to log into the Valued Opinions website to view our profile our claim any rewards. We have no problem completing surveys, but can't provide any feedback or log into our account etc.

It has been this way for at least a couple of months. I would like to redeem some rewards but am unable to and the length of time it has been out of action is concerning. Can this please be fixed!!!

• Paddling Like Crazy Dec 06, 2017

I am having excactly the same issue with the UK website. I try several times a day using multiple browers on my desktoop, tablet and smartphone but the website refuses to load. I have complained and just got an automated acknowledgement. I complained again and this time they replied suggesting I clear the caches. Did this but still the website will not load. Reprted back but they have not responded and that was over a week ago. One wonderful day last week I managed to get in and order two vouchers but nothing since then. I save all my rewards for Christmas presents so this is very frustrating as it is unlikely I will get my vouchers in time. They still keep sending me surveys but I can see no point in completing them if they treat me this way. I wonder if they are going under, usually when a website becomes unabailable that is the first sign.

re: re; formal complaint:

I have £50.00 in my "Valued Opinion account" and now they wont let me in. Is this a scam? As i do have a screenshot I took yesterday 20/07/2017.I think this is terrible and want the money I have earn't. I have spent my time now I want what I'm due. Now I cannot access the site its disgusting I want my £50. I was saving for Christmas.

Valued Opinions Uk
160 Queen Victoria Street
EC4V 4BF London
United Kingdom

re: re; formal complaint:

• Updated by SamanthaThePatriot · Jul 21, 2017

I Just rang them and they said the site was down???...Lets see as this has happened before!

Overall experience.

Recently, I have had multiple times in a row where surveys are not suitable or closed and there is no payment for this. This gets me frustrated because knowing the fact I won't be paid anything because of one of the two reasons kills me the most. Also, on the home page after you log in to your account, when you try and find a new survey, there are no surveys available. And when there is a survey, it is one that has closed ages before! How is it my fault that I didn't get to the survey sooner? I have to do other things in life + you keep saying that there are no surveys available? How is this my fault!? It is honestly stupid and wastes your time by asking a few questions and then closing the door really hard in your face, not getting any payment in that same moment and getting away with the answers I gave. This company should pay your members the full amount anyway if the survey is not suitable or closed! I took the time and effort to get onto the survey so I feel eligible for payment from that particular survey! This site does not care about opinions at all. They only care about factual information! I just want to be done with this site as soon as I get another Amazon e gift card payout because this is unacceptable! I'm a person who gets angry a lot and I can definitely say that this is not worth your anger! You are better off buying Amazon cards from shops in your area! You are literally made fools of and being treated like simpletons when you don't get paid! The slogan 'Rewarding time' isn't exactly true in conclusion!

Reward vouchers never arrive

I am regular person who took active part in all the survey send by the Valued Opinions on my email or...

Promised Reward vouchers never arrive

I have have had very negative experiences with Valued Opinions. Reward vouchers claimed in November 2012 have not arrived and when questioning this in late January 2013 I am finally told that the replacement was sent in early February 2013. When I did not receive a replacement by early March 2013 I enquired again and was then told the voucher was ordred but not sent in February 2013.
I am then told in early April 2013 that the voucher had been posted on 2/4/13 but as of 14/4/13 nothing has been received and there are now no replies to emails, facebook messages etc.
In addition, when answering survey questions there is a greater than average (compared to the other 5 on line survey companies I use) chance that you will be screened out of a survey but after answering several questions and at times almost at the end of a survey.
I would suggest avoiding any contact with this company.

• Va
    Valued Opinions Apr 29, 2013

Hi Stekmer, we are sorry to hear that you have experienced a delay in receiving your gift vouchers. Please note that when a replacement voucher is issued for you, the delivery can take up to 28 days. If you require any further assistance please contact us via the Contact form on our website http://www.valuedopinions.com.au/contact-information/ so that we may help you further.

Regards,

The Valued Opinions team

• Lu
    lucila terashima Apr 29, 2013

nodificaçâo que ja por diversas vezes me prometeste voucher e nunca eu recebi nada ate o presente momento . porrisso peço que entre en contato comigo no meu email informado aqui [email protected] . obrigada

• Lu
    lucila terashima Apr 29, 2013

nodificaçâo a taggued .nao recebi ate o presente momento o vouchr prometido por vcs . esperando uma resposta urgente .

• St
    stekmer Apr 30, 2013

The latest excuse for not sending my 2 x $20 vouchers is that they were returned in the post to Valued Opinions as undeliverable. This is despite the address being confirmed and my receiving 15 other items from 12 senders during the same week that Valued Opinions say that Australia Post returned the envelope to them.
    I asked for a photo of the envelope but of course this of course - was refused.
    The latest delay tactics is that they have sent the vouchers to my work address - now waiting for another 28 days to receive vouchers that should take a maximum of 3 to 4 days to receive.
    Don't waste your time with this company - there a lot of honest and reliable companies with better rewards programmes than this deceitful lot.

• Ha
    Hazel A. Jul 25, 2013

Avoid this company!!! Their support department is abysmal - they just lie and tell you your email server is "blocking" their emails so they can't send you the voucher codes. Only getting it sorted now after 6 weeks and complaining to their parent company Research Now.

Online Surveys

Valued Opinions have been giving their Online Surveys Members to complete on line Surveys and as you get to the end of the Survey the Survey you happen to be participating in automatically is Finished and Closed which on their website it states in the Terms and Conditions that if a Survey has been Closed or has reached it's target of research than rewards do not have to be paid.
Valued Opinions in the last 25 Surveys I have completed 13 of them were closed when I had almost completed the Survey it always gets to 94% of the Survey and then Closes. The last one I just completed told me that it would take 25-30 minutes to complete but it actually took me nearly an hour to complete then they closed it.
Not far I rely on the Vouchers that they give to purchase food so they are taking food from out of my families mouths. Not fair

• Va
    ValuedOpinions Jan 02, 2013

Hi There,

We are sorry to hear of your issues with our surveys.

If you can email us at [email protected] with your registered email address and the survey number of any surveys you have had issues with then we will certainly look into this.

Thanks

The Valued Opinions Team

• Co
    CookieBabyK Jan 04, 2013

I have completed surveys dating back to Sept of 2012 that they
    have not credited me for
    I have email probably 30 times with no response
    Its discouraging
    and I have called and left messages
    Today I did a survey that took me 2 hours to complete
    probably for only $2. Pitiful!

I am very frustrated with them
    and dont know what to do

Sad~

• St
    stekmer Apr 13, 2013

I have also had very negative experiences with Valued Opinions. Reward vouchers claimed in November 2012 have not arrived and when questioning this I am told that the replacement was sent in early February 2013 but on asking again in March 2013 I am told the voucher was ordered but not sent. Then I am told in April that the voucher had been posted on 2/4/13 but as of 14/4/13 nothing has been received and there are no replies to emails, Facebook messages etc.
    I would suggest avoiding any contact with this company.

I think its a fraud and the company should be shut down as soon as possible

I have completed the required number of online surveys provided by http://www.valuedopinions.co.uk/ to earn cash. The website has a policy to redeem the cash earned into a voucher of any desired company. I have asked them to send me 2 vouchers for more than 2 months now. I have mailed them but they don't seem to respond. In-spite of asking them to redeem my vouchers hundreds of time, they have turned deaf ears to my mails. Please do not use the service as I think its a fraud and the company should be shut down as soon as possible.

• Sh
    Shaun Gisbourne Dec 12, 2011

According to the Terms and Conditions with this company you have to be resident in the UK. Perhaps this is why you're getting no acknowledgement. That said, the company should have picked up on your residential situation and emailed you to advise that you'd never qualify for any rewards.

• En
    enjoy>>>>>> Feb 13, 2012

i m i love...love is real life

This survey site promises payment after 28 days of completion of their survey, they may take up to 3months to pay If at all. You spend 30min on their surveys and they kick you off and say you don't qualify without pay. They are dirty cheats, and I know that there are more people out there that have been scammed by their organization. I wish it were possible to get a class action law suit against these companies that make money off of the public but wont pay you for your services as promised!!! This is a lousy company, It took me 6months to get $20 with them & If they send you one payment you have to fight them every step of the way to get any monies owed to you.