USAFUS OrganisationMisrepresentation of service

R

This company is contacting international residents and advising of a cost (€574) which is almost USD800 for the application for Green Card Lottery. The lottery itself is a free of charge. The actual services that this company is doing is the process of the application each year for 10 years.

As this company DOES NOT advise that the application is free many people are being lied to and handing over credit card details when it's really not required.

After 30 mins of the initial conversation, I lodged a request for refund based on their mis-representation however they will not process. I have requested a cancellation of services, I do not want this fraudulent company representing me when I can be doing this application myself.

I seek a full return of funds immediately.

• Da
    Danmg May 02, 2011

I made the mistake of signing up with USAFIS, even though I managed to pay about half of the fee they asked they called me today and offered me some VIP program and requested an additional 500 Euros. I told them to call me back so I could do some research and I found this website with a huge amount of negative feedback towards USAFIS and people describing the exact same scenarios I have experienced. USAFIS describes itself as an agent operating on an individuals behalf in submitting the DV Lottery application, in exchange for payment they claim they will submit your application with no errors to improve your chances of being successful however when I checked my profile on USAFIS.org the information I had given them had been filled out incorrectly. Instead of Sydney, Australia they had spelt it Sidney! My street address was also incorrect! I began to suspect things weren't quite right at this point.

It wasn't until after signing up that I realized I could apply for the DV Lottery for free. I implore anybody out there considering using USAFIS to do serious research before doing so, they have an extremely aggressive sales technique and from what I've read it's near impossible to retrieve funds if you cancel. Don't fall for the VIP garbage, they said I was selected out of thousands but I've read nearly every complaint on here people have been offered the same thing. Your best bet is to call the US Embassy in your city or country and ask their advice.

I feel like a real idiot jumping in blindly with USAFIS, but if I can help others avoid it then its not all bad.