Complaints & Reviews

fraud thieves

I got a call from usafis organization and one guy called farid convinced me that they will do all legal and lawyer services to help me with the US embassy to get a green card and didn't say anything about any lottery program or so.
They asked me to pay $1.790.00 in full and i did after i got many calls from them. Then after one week they sent me an email stating that my lottery application will be submitted so i asked them to stop, cancel and refund because i have LOTTERY application with USGCLS and still valid for ten more years. They did mislead me to steal my money because they said they are lawyers services not lottery. They refused to pay me back and after many calls one arabic lady called Alaa said they can only refund 30% and take the 70% they will save it for me in case i asked for their fraud *f* services later on.. .
I don't advice anyone to pay them any dime since you can get the best application by USGCLS 10 years For $300 only.
I will raise a case against them through US EMBASSY in Beirut and also my lawyer in USA will raise another fraud case. also i will put what happened with me on all social media and share it to all arab world to stop them from steeling other people.

green card lottery

They said I should pay $560 first in order to apply for green card lottery during a period of 5 consecutive years. They said I don't need to do anything else. Then they called again and ask for $1650 in order to finalize my application. I transfer the money. A month later, they called again and ask for $1600 more for legal work!!! They are TOTAL FRAUDS! Beware!!!

Anton Cactus Jul 25, 2018

I applied for a green card lottery - was scammed out of $450, and then later another attempt at $4000. The man phones from the US, according to call identifier, but then late phones you from South Africa. They have really good stories and a website called green card organisation. The sales person calls himself Michael Smith. Beware, the US will never ask for money to apply for a green card.
    Here follows the details as he contacts you. Beware!!! They are fraudsters!!

Smith Michael
    United States of America | Miami, FL
    E-mail : [email protected] | www.greencardorganization.co

• Da
    Daniel Claude Talla Sep 06, 2018

@Anton Cactus hello I am a Cameroonian resident in South Africa I am a victim of bandit

fake company that steal your card information

When I was talking with my friends about the green card lottery, the couple sat next to us interrupted us and said that they won the lottery through this company, USAFIS. Without second thought, I believed this couple and input my debt card information to pay and subscribe their service. However, the website claimed that my card information was incorrect, which triggered my doubt to this company. Then I googled this company and saw all these complaints, hoping that they were real company that helped people but with a questionable business model.

The next day, I received a voicemail which claimed that it was called from my bank. In the voicemail, they were able to address my name and repeat my card number. Anyway, I called the customer service of my bank and asked if what I heard from the voicemail that there was a big payment blocked from my bank is true. My bank said there is NO SUCH THING. The only explanation of why they were able to articulate my information is that I input my card information in USAFIS website! And USAFIS made fake phone calls and voicemails to scam money!

I googled more about this company and found these news:

I hope that there will be no more victim from this company. Now I had to cancel my debt card and waited for my new card.

• Mackoijnr Jul 27, 2018

I registered a Usafis lottery and received a phone call from this number ‭+1 (607) 203-0299‬ asking me what I want to do when I come to the United States, I answered and she asked whether my name correspond to the name on my Visa card and I her yes. She then asked whether I’m working or schooling and that i have to pay 700 dollars. I told her I am a student so unless I speak to my people to help me. She then sent me her email address to email her my user name after when I get the money, that’s [email protected]
    Please is it real and it’s the Usafis free or not. Thanks

• Th
    Thiago Rossato Sep 11, 2019

Thanks, I just received an e-mail of theirs, and I decided to google it because I never heard about this company. Now I'm 100% convinced that this is only a way to get my data.

they called me to offer one product but charged for something different

They are not serious, when they want to contact you to offer a product and get money from you they will insist to the end, but when you realize that you paid for something totally different and want to make a claim they never answer.

Most recently, they contacted me to inform me that a new payment must be done in order to continue with the chance of obtain the green card, at the end of the day the receipt mention an English and financial course with Aston American University.

It was not necessary for me to make this payment of $3333 to continue in the lottery.

User [protected]
Carlos Soriano

• Updated by Carlosluissp · Jan 30, 2018

They contacted me to arrange the reimbursement. Once done I'll update here accordingly and remove the complaint. At least now I can say that they are responding my claim. Thanks to Usafis for this and I hope to have a happy end soon.

• Updated by Carlosluissp · Jan 31, 2018

The reimbursement is in process, waiting confirmation from my bank to delete this complaint. Once again, thanks to Usafis for your customer care feedback.

• Updated by Carlosluissp · Feb 05, 2018

Usafis refund the balance to my account. Customer service did their job. Thanks.

• Updated by Carlosluissp · Feb 05, 2018

Complaint closed.

lottery

My wife has paid and cancelled the request before even the application was created and the this company does not want to refund some of the money we paid, we wasted lots of time to try to reach them but once they sell you something they disappear. we are ok with them deducting 20% as a service charge but we have no one taking this serious to close this matter. we will ensure to post our experience in all social media and we even going to contact the authority in NY city to report this company. our reference is [protected]

[Resolved] application for us green card lottery

On the 3rd of Sept 2017, I registered online from an advert to enter into a US Green card lottery.

On the 5th of Sept 2017, a officer by the name of David Elias (David.[protected]@usafis.org) called me & followed on my application. He assured me that this is an application with definitely a chance to get into US. And then it was the payment which I was surprised. I said OK initially. Then, I provided my credit card details.
David was keen to perform the transaction, of course with my approval. The amount was USD 1462.00.
I thought since the call was from US, these should be done ASAP. I've seen the USAFIS name on many websites.
At about 11 AM Malaysian time approximately, the transaction was performed using my credit card.

David said that he would call me again later. I received the payment notification on the registration and registration number ([protected])
After about 4 hours, I did some research on USAFIS. What I discovered was a horror. This looks like a controlled scam to fool applicants that they’re the official agency assigned by the US Govt to manage the US Green Card lottery application.
I straight away emailed David on my decision to cancel my application the soonest. David called me in the evening later to tell me that he will get some to call me urgently to process what I want done. All I wanted was to CANCEL my application & proceed the refund process right away.
After 2 hours of waiting, I didn’t receive any calls. Then I thought for the worse. I called and demanded to speak to an officer to reverse my application. They put me on wait until it got disconnected.
I called again and had to repeat my case. I spoke to an officer & he said he will get the customer service to help me out.
The next day, I got a call in the evening time. Spoke to an agent with a Filipino accent. She was insisting why I want to back out. Why then did I proceed to apply in the 1st place.
Then she said, she will refer me to her manager to look into my case. From now I know this. When they wanted my money, the card was swiped right away. When I wanted a refund & cancelled my application, it takes ages to process my application.
The next day, I received a missed call from the same USAFIS number: +[protected]. The ring lasted only 1 time for me to react.
A few mins later, I received an email that they were trying to reach me but can’t. This same operation was done the following a few days.
I sent several emails stating my preferred time to call so I can be ready. But that didn’t happen. USAFIS will call at obscure times & the ring would last 1 or 2 rings.
I’ve also sent an email to the director at USAFIS, without any reply.
OK – it was my attempt to try the lottery. But I didn’t cancel the application after 3 days or 1 week. I cancelled it within 4 hours. The amount in Malaysian Ringgit (RM) was in excess of 6500.00. This is a huge amount for Malaysians like me.
Why is it so difficult to cancel the application ?
Can I receive even ½ of that amount back ?
Grateful if my complaints can be looked through by someone.
Sincerely,
Christi Joseph Paul
+[protected]

RESOLVED

I spoke to an officer from USAFIS - Barbara. We agreed to resolved this case by a mutual arrangement. Part of my amount sent earlier will be re-imbursed back to me. This is fine with me. Many thanks, Christi Paul

• Nc
    n.coskun Jan 08, 2019

They took my money from my debit card without my approval...
    I was gonna pay with another card which was not with me at that time and think about that also told them I have debit card but there is no balance for 500 USD but they said they need it only for registration and bank will decline anyway. I gave them my debit card details and they took all the money in my account which was 350 USD and now they dont answer and they dont pay my money back...

unauthorized charge to debit card

July 29 and 30, 2017 on a charge of $ 2, 495 for a Usafis service through Mario Miller, Senior Manager of USAFIS, under PHONE DECEPTION, as he told me that: "I was receiving a phone call that few immigrants Received for the advance of my processing since 2006, "and it turned out to be a lie or deception and it was necessary for me to pay $ 2, 495 for the legal procedure of my GREEN CARD, travel to the US, legal representation, housing and airfare.

I have already made the claim to my Bank of America about this charge under deception and the debit inquiry is open for my account. It will also be my responsibility to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission online about fraudulent or deceptive USAFIS telephone sales and advertising.

No consumer or client is obliged to remain with a service he does not want and is offered under deception, under both American and other laws.

unauthorized charge to debit card

dirty rooms and unsatisfied staff

For those who do not know, USAFIS SPA is a boutique spa in Miami. We arrived there after a long flight. We waited an hour or so past the CHECK IN time to get the rooms and when we got the keys we were horrified to discover the dirty rooms of the spa.

The massage beds were dirty and the spa staff was very unprofessional in the treatment we were given. Beyond the very disappointing treatment we received, we realized that we had no one to turn to with our problems.

The spa manager was not there, and when we asked to talk to him we got a phone number and told us to talk to him on the phone and explain the problem.

I would be happy to hear if anyone here came across a similar case in this place? And what have you done about it?

unsatisfied service

USAFIS Spa is a new boutique spa in Miami, FL. Last week I was there with my wife for her birthday and...

[Resolved] unauthorized credit card charges

----- Original Message -----
From: Piret Emily Hion [mailto:piret.[protected]@gmail.com]
To: amy.[protected]@usafis-mail.com
Sent: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 17:23:23 +0200
Subject: Re: GC Application User Number: [protected]

I declined USAFIS Green Card services, telemarketed by phone earlier in the day, in writing on Mon, 5 Dec 2016 17:23:23 +0200 as follows:
I'm declining your offer for US Green card services - change of plans on personal level. Please consider my card transaction null and void.
My decision is firm, so please do not call me on my mobile.
Wishing you best of luck with other applicants

Piret Hion
Estonia

and confirmed orally during phone conversation +[protected] at 20:17 on 6 December.

Nevertheless my credit card has been charged today, 7 December in the amount of 4999 euros - for nothing as I did not receive any services from them.

RESOLVED

Hopefully resolved.

• Updated by Piret Emily Hion · Dec 09, 2016

The amount charged was 499 euros, there was a typo in my initial post.

visa lottery

I want to tell my experience with USAFIS. My application number is [protected]. USAFIS without my consent deducted from my account the sum of $ 701. I feel robbed and stripped of my savings. Money I saved with great sacrifice to seek a new future. Now they say they had told me that they will not refund my money. I can assure you that they never told me that they were going to charge me the amount of $ 701. I publish this for people to open their eyes and do not be fooled. I FEEL ROBBED.

no reservation was made

Usafis hotel is a new small hotel in Rochester, NY. I had some business meetings there and I heard about this hotel from a friend. I booked 3 nights in the hotel via phone call, but when I arrived at 21/07/2016, they told me there is no reservation with my name.

After my discussion with the receptionist, they gave me small and not comfortable room. When the morning came, I went to the dining room to have a breakfast, but I found that my name wasn't there. It took 20 minutes until I was able to enter the dining room! In the end I had to get to a business meeting quickly and therefore I gave up the breakfast.

After trying to call them in the days after, the number was disconnected. I don't know whether you know Usafis hotel (which is a small and new as I know), but I wouldn't recommend it from my personal experience.

Charles M. Lawrence Aug 27, 2016

I made a reservation in Usafis Hotel 2 weeks before I came and there were no errors. Since the hotel is located close to main streets and business buildings, it was a little bit noisy, but in general, everything was OK. I didn't expect Usafis Hotel to be a 5-star hotel, but it is definately a good 3-stars hotel, in my opinion. The breakfast was OK and the room as well. The only thing they should consider is the shower - that is too small (I'm a tall man, after all...).

James Edison Aug 27, 2016

Hi Charles, happy to hear that your experience with Usafis Hotel was good.
    What I didn't mention is that 2 more businessmen were waiting to their breakfast with me. I wasn't the only one.

Laurie Gulzar Frances Sep 20, 2016

The Hotel was great. The staff was friendly. My spouse locked her keys inside her bag and noticed it just before 5pm. We were able to catch the maintenance man just before he left for the day. I hate I misplaced the piece of paper I wrote his name on. He took the time to use a hacksaw to manually cut the lock off. I offered him a tip and he refused. He was awesome and greatly appreciated! It was a short trip but very relaxing.

Laurie Gulzar Frances Sep 20, 2016

Usafis Hotel was great. The staff was friendly. My spouse locked her keys inside her bag and noticed it just before 5pm. We were able to catch the maintenance man just before he left for the day. I hate I misplaced the piece of paper I wrote his name on. He took the time to use a hacksaw to manually cut the lock off. I offered him a tip and he refused. He was awesome and greatly appreciated! It was a short trip but very relaxing.

Laurie Gulzar Frances Sep 21, 2016

I had a realy good experience in Usafis Hotel the room was modern and had nice amenities. great location close to many attractions.the breakfast was very good as well in terms of selection ...

• El
    Elvin Nechtan Sep 22, 2016

Usafis Hotel was very clean and spacious. It was in nice walking distance of some restaurants, ice cream shop. The service was nice.
    How did you booked the hotel?

complain

Hi Danas

I signed up with USAFIS a few days ago. I was fully informed that the service was in the form of assistance only and not a Green Card guarantee. It was clearly explained to me that the Green Card Lottery is not guaranteed by USAFIS.

I asked if I can cancel to Usafis service and she told me "
Dear Customer,

Please note that according to our records, you have made a chargeback on your payment to our organiztion, therefore we no longer possess the money, and no longer able to assist you with issues regarding it.
For more information please contact your credit card company or bank.

I think is not just a fraud but a real crime!

Full name Fahim Mohamed elfeky
Email [protected]@gmail.com
Phone Number (+[protected])
User ID: [protected]
attached email history
appreciate your support.

• Mo
    MousaFisaj Jul 18, 2016

i dont get it, how you can say its a fraud?
    you knew what this service do, mabye in the contract they have a section that they dont give a refund so its your problem not usafis problem.

scam

and inform me tha application cancel to Usafis service and she told me "
Dear Customer,

For more information please contact your credit card company or bank.

I think is not just a fraud but a real crime!

Full name Fahim Mohamed elfeky
appreciate your support.

fahim elfeky
+[protected]

green card lottery program

Some year ago, I had entered for the US Green Cart lottery program. Today, after several years, I've been...

diversity visa submission fail

For the second year in a row, USAFIS has made mistakes on our Diversity Visa application (also know as the Green Card Lottery), enough to disqualify our application. Last year we requested a refund because of this, which was ignored even though we were within our rights to request it, in terms of their rules. The following year they simply submitted another application for us. This time when I requested a correction on our application, well in time for the submission, the correction request was not responded to at all and the application submitted as is.

Also, both times I listed myself as the main applicant. This year my husband decided to submit an application in his name, as the U.S. State department advised that this would be acceptable, provided only one application is submitted per name. If two applications are submitted in the same name, this would mean automatic disqualification. Well, it turns out not only was this year's USAFIS application submitted without correcting the error I emailed them about, but it was also submitted with my husband as the main applicant. Not even sure how that could have happened. We only discovered this on the day the results were posted on the government website.

Advice:
1. Do NOT use this service at all. It is expensive and there is no service level guarantee. Requests for refunds will not be honoured.
2. Only consider using this service if you cannot speak English and are unable to submit an application yourself.
3. Do your own application - it's beyond simple and applications are FREE on the U.S. gov's site - https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

scam

I have been contact a company called usafis for greencard application. They have provide me a 10 year...

they stool my money without permission present they self as governmental organization

I am egyptian working in saudia arabia and i visited a web site for immigration 10 dayes ago and the next day...

misrepresentation

USAFIS was contracted to submit my entry for the USA Diversity Visa each year for ten years. I was selected for the 2013 but USAFIS failed to submit all my family members. I have printed proof of all four family members yet USAFIS only sent three applications. I was told on the day of my embassy interview that because "I" had failed to list all family members, the entire application was declined. I paid interview fees at the embassy to have my documents checked by the immigration officer. Everything was in order except the original application submitted by USAFIS. USAFIS was paid to submit on my behalf and failed. The entire process has cost over $5000 and all just to be told that our application was incomplete. USAFIS has cost me and my family our dreams.

payment of fees

I applied for a green card application. They've asked my to pay for my application, but i haven't got money on my account. I was told that I have 6 months to pay. So they asked me to pay by VISA Card, and they automatically charged me for my application. I would like my money back. My name is Paula Cristina Loio Santos and i have payed 472euros, My email is paula cristina [protected]@GMail.com
I'm from Portugal and i wold like to know if i can complain to the authorities here.
Thank you.