ADVERTISIMENT

Fri:6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat:6:00 am - 11:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Cracker BarrelFood

Had a family lunch today with family of 7, placed our order waited waited waited finally our food came but no bread, we waited and waited and waited finally asking wwhere our bread was our waitress said everything in the oven, ok so we wait and wait stll no bread asking again apparently got our wItress yelled at in turn getting a short answer finally I asked for my bread to go and guess what yep no bread I asked why she said everyone is waiting for their bread and I said guess what me too

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Cracker BarrelRude comments made by manager

I recently had an interview with a manager at cracker barrel. I thought he was really rude. Every time he would ask me a question and I would answer him, he would just keep staring and staring at me. It made me feel really uncomfortable and awkward. He then made a comment that hiring me would be a complete waste of time because of my past job history. That made no sense to me seeing as how my last two jobs were temporary jobs. I felt like he was blaming me like ti was my fault my last two jobs didn't lead to full time. Little does he know, the last job I had was a temporary remodel position job where 30 people were hired during the remodel period, but they could only hire 10 people because the was the number of positions they had open. Little does he know, I did my best and was hoping for a full time position, its not my fault I didn't get it. The manager who interviewed me at cracker barrel shouldn't have incenuated that I just quit my last two temporary jobs because he doesn't know me, has never met me, so he really had no right making those kind of judgements about me. I feel like the other half of the interview he was just lecturing me. He then went on to say I've been from your town, I know there are a bunch of restaurants you could apply to. That comment just added insult to injury. Newsflash, I've been applying to restaurants and other places in and around my town like crazy, I just haven't found a job yet. That was just a disrespectful comment. He had no right to make that comment, I got to thinking how does this man know where I've applied and haven't applied. How dare he incenuate that ALL I do is sit on my butt and then go on to tell me how many restaurants I could apply to in my town. Like newsflash ###, I live here. I know there are restaurants here I have been applying. I felt like that interview was a complete waste of time. He also went on to tell me during the interview how many miles it was from my house to athens and how many miles it was from my house to chattanooga after I told him I was looking for a job close to home, and then he just kept staring at me like I was a complete idiot. Seriously this man needs to be fired. The interview took place on Monday june 18, 2012 around 3:30 p.m. Needless to say after the interview, I felt very insulted like I had been talked down to for the past 20 minutes from the way he kept staring at me throughout the interview, from the way he lectured about my own home time like I didn't know that there are restaurants here, from the way he basically incenuated that I could be applying to more jobs when I've applied to half the jobs in my town. After this interview at cracker barrel, I have a whole new outlook on the place and it sure ain't good.

Comment Guidelines

• Updated by 334nicole · Jun 21, 2012

To brenda. No sweetie, that was not my cue and I will tell you why. He also told me he hire based on 2 things: availability, job experience of at least 6 months or more ( my past two temporary jobs have only consisted of three months. Also, its very unprofessional and immature to say to a manager during an interview, "Hey its not my fault I didn't get it okay, I did the best I could, so don't blame me." Basically from your other comment, you're incenuating I say something like that. No hun not in the professional adult world. So mind your own business if you don't know what your talking about.

3 Responses
        matthew Crisp Nov 11, 2013

Man I feel you I just now had an interview at the same cracker barrel in athens, tn.. and I got the same rude, cold - shoulder as you had described, perfectly!! except I told him that my home town was knoxville, tn he was pretty much set on hiring someone normally out of respect I wouldn't of even call anyone name out but since this man showed a complete lack of respect his name is mitchel joseph, and I then spoke with a hire up manager and he was even more rude, steve his name,... people move down here because to be closer to certain family members then you get disrespected with such arrogant undeserved pride... I have now a lack of respect cracker barrel in athens, tn he looked over my knowledge on what I had gained in the kitchen at restaurants through out the years... and didn't even consider the lack of training time that I would require.. smh but these managers in these small towns like athens tn are so full of pride that they want to give the positions to people that had stayed in athens for x amount of months or years is just b. s!!! just because someone moves out of town and expands their horizons for better opportunity.. then moves back to be closer to family after a loss.. is just b. s!!! and mitchel completly disrespected me even when I had added that I lost my grandmother... lack of respect.. athens, cracker barrel is a d minus in professionalism and equal opportunity... how dare them insult you and me like that by implying that that if we were locals he would of hired us, for a number of years or months.

• Sh
        sharicastro7 Mar 08, 2013

I work at a cracker barrel and im sry this happened to you...this guy does sound like a [censored]. my interview and my managers dont act like that. i wouldnt blame the company tho just that guy. you could tell home office if u feel like it but they wont do much just file complaint sayingu dont even wanna apply o cb anymore cuz creepy asole manager u encountered. they know if u dont wanna work here cuz of him, youll tell 20 people then theyll tell 20 people then alot of other people wont wanna go their either.

• Cl
        cldr774 Jun 21, 2012

Nicole is obviously a fat frustrated ignorant person; her comments begin with somewhat mednial explanations and then rant into bashing and accusing other people that it is not her (or his) fault that he/she is such a loser; hence: "applied for half the jobs" - not exerting an effort to apply for all the jobs and follow through with messages and letters and calls.
        or simply showing up to an interview and in the face of negative comments by interviewer - state responses in pleasant demeanor and smile; not hunch over and snear and mumble responses
        or make excuses
        better your attitude and you will find how much your life turns around; smile, be pleasant, bath regularly

ADVERTISIMENT