89 Henry St, Freeport, NY, 11520, US
Sat:6:00 am - 12:00 am

Reviews and Complaints

WalgreensCustomer service

8/24/2021
Good morning, I contacted Walgreens in Freeport, NY to inquire about donations for a back to school drive my church would be conducting for children and families who have been impacted by covid. I asked to speak to the manager, who presented as rude and unkind. Please provide additional training on customer service and client interaction.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Walgreensrude and unprofessional manager

I ordered an item online from the Walgreens site and received an email telling me I could pick it up. 5 days later I went to the store to pick it up. I went to the photo section and as I waited on the line I noticed that the associate was being very courteous and respectful to the woman in front of me. When she was done and I approached the counter, his demeanor changed abruptly. He began acting distracted, busy, and disinterested. I told him that I had ordered something online. I pulled up the order details on my phone. He kept asking me "What are you here for? ...What do you need?" as I was doing this so, again, I told him I ordered something online and I'm pulling up the order information on my phone. He replied "Oh" and walked away from the counter. When he came back I showed him the order details. Then he said "What is it you ordered?" so I scrolled down and showed him the picture of my item. He then went in the back and looked for it, came back, and asked me for the tracking number, so I showed it to him. He then said "I don't know, I don't see a package here... What's the number?" When I showed him the tracking number again, he said "No, the fed ex number" and picked up the Walgreens phone to call. I looked on the order details page and said "I don't see any fed ex phone number here. Are you talking about the Walgreens phone number?" He said "No, I need the number to call fed ex." So I looked on the page some more and gave him the only other phone number I saw. That number ended up being the Walgreens number when he called it. So then he asked me when the order came and I told him the date, and he told me that the fed ex guy came there and picked up some packages that were there, and that some packages were sitting there for a while and they pick up packages that have been sitting there too long. So I told him that my email didn't come with any deadline for when I needed to pick up the package and that I hadn't gotten an email saying that my order had been cancelled. He then said "Your package isn't here." I found the fed ex number online and then told him I found the fed ex phone number and asked if he was going to call them. He said "No. Your package isn't here." I stared at him. He then said " Ma'am, you need to call fed ex." I asked "Why would I have to call fed ex when I made the order through Walgreen's website?" He said "MA'AM, Your package isn't here. You NEED to call fed ex." I said "That doesn't make any sense. I didn't get any email saying I should call fed ex. Why would I have to contact fed ex when I made this order through Walgreens?" And he said "There's nothing I can do for you." I asked to speak to the manager and he said he was the manager. So I said I need to speak to someone higher up than you, to which he replied "There's no one higher up than me. I'm telling you what you need to do. You need to call fed ex." The whole time he was talking he had a huge attitude that I tried my best to disregard but at this point I got visibly annoyed. I said "NO, I'm going to call Walgreens." He then said "MA'AM, I'm TRYING to help you. What you need to do is call fed ex and find out where your package is." I said "No, you're NOT trying to help me." Then he said "Ma'am, you need to- " and I cut him off and said "I'm done" because he was being very condescending with his tone and talking slow like I was a disabled person and I didn't want to lose my temper. I walked away and got on the phone to call Walgreens. I had to leave the store eventually because I was on hold for a total of an hour before getting someone. The representative I spoke to online told me that I did not have to call fed ex and that he should not have told me to call fed ex. She also said that my package had been checked in at the store which means it should have been there at the store. Thankfully the phone representative shipped the item to my house free as a courtesy.

Comment Guidelines