Menu
reviews & complaints
Clayton Homes company logo

Clayton Homes

2724 US-421, Wilkesboro, NC, 28697, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Phone number
Closed
ComplaintsBoard
J
1:31 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Clayton Homes - 2013 breeze II

I purchased our home in Wilkesboro NC and was set up in November or December of 2013. I had this home special ordered with what I was told had upgraded insulation in both the wall and the roof with 2x4 studs and trusses. Over the last 9 years in our home I have noticed many small issues that I have looked over and/or repaired after the one year warranty. Here recently I have noticed there are a few of windows with moisture issues between the panels. I have 2.5 ton Heat pump that runs constantly through the winter and even more through the hot summer months and is not able to keep a constant temperature in my home. I got to looking into the how well the ventilation was in the roof today 8/23/23 and found there is what appears to be BLACK MOLD on the OSB roof boards when I pulled back the soffit under the eves of today and took a photo of this. There appear to be no ventilation in the valted roof and from photo I see no signs of any installation but to be fair, I was not able look very far in. I need attention to this ASAP. I have called and LVM with Clayton advocate line and waiting to hear back currently.

Desired outcome: I would like my entire roof replaced by a qualified professional and properly ventilated this time. I would like the wall installation inspected along with the double pane windows that have moisture between the panels.

Read full review of Clayton Homes