3175 Belvedere Rd, West Palm Beach, FL, 33406, US
Sat:5:00 am - 1:00 am

Reviews and Complaints

HertzRental car smoking fee

RR# [protected]

12/24/2020 I returned a car to hertz from a one day rental around 10:oo pm. The individual thoroughly inspected my car and sent my receipt via email for $235.07. A few minutes later I received a notification from my credit card that I was charged $638.07.

I contacted Hertz on 12/29/20, upon returning from vacation to inquire of the additional $400 and was advised it was a smoking fee. I did not smoke in the vehicle and was asked to understand their decision and was told there was nothing they could do and never received any receipt notifying me of this additional fee.

Also, I was previously advised from their customer center that a rental that is held over 24 hours is the valid time for cleaning the car. This car was confirmed as rented 4pm the next day and the second individual advised that if the car was held for more than 4 hours means it had to be cleaned.

If I return a car at 10pm, what is the likelihood of it being rented at 2am. There is no reason to substantiate a $400 claim.

I am a gold member and used to not have any problems, but this is too much for me. We are in times of Covid and to get this extra charge is very overwhelming for something that I didn't do. I don't smoke and did not smoke in the car.