Wyndham Vacation Ownership

Fri:9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

Wyndham Vacation Resortstole my reservation

I purchased property in April 2012, I then planned a vacation in Bonnett Creek for Christmas then decided to leave and go to Pompano Beach on the 28th thru Jan. 1st. I paid $30 to make the reservation. (I have never missed a MONTHLY PAYMENT OR MAINTENANCE FEES). I then was sent a a confirmation notice with a confirmation number and downloaded the paper for my files. I then purchased airline tickets for five people, bought NBA tickets and Disney tickets, and assumed vacation is all set. . Everyone is excited and looking forward to going. I then go on line to make reservation for Hawaii for 2013, and realize my Pompano Beach reservation is canceled. I still have the Bonnett Creek and Hawaii trip. I was told an employee named Joel canceled the Pompano Beach leg of the trip. He is claiming he called somebody but do not remember who, and they told him to cancel just Pompano Beach ( a resort that is now booked up). I wrote letters and sent them certified to CEO Hanning and got no response from his office.The nice young lady Jessica tried to help but she could only offer me a one bedroom, which is not enough to accommodate four adults and one child. It was suppose to be escalated but I have not heard from anyone. I am beginning to think this is a scam and I am very disappointed with this vacation resort, why book a vacation to have someone at corporate cancel it because Wyndham overbooked.

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Pe
      Peter Jan 24, 2008

I made a big mistake purchased those credit on that night and now facing a difficulty terminate the contract within 7 days which basically not enough time. Don’t get persuade into buying, you might think on that time offer is good especially “Lifetime” membership but after you doing the calculation you wouldn’t use 15000 dollars on accommodation. They try convince you that you won’t have worries about inflation in the future. “NEVER GET INFLUENCE”... Word of advice the gift not worth it and waste of your time...

Wyndham Vacation Resortsdeceitful business practices

We have been Wyndham Owners for 13 years. We bought or upgraded 3X in that period. After the last one, we did some research into the company and found a whole host of lies, and people who have had the same experience. We have given Wyndham the opportunity to cancel the contract and terminate our membership, but they declined, so we went public. Our last purchase was at Ocean Ridge in Edisto Beach, SC. Love the location, the resort, the activities staff, but hate the Owner Services office. We pretty much have the same feelings about every Wyndham resort we have visited. The pressure to upgrade, the invites to attend updates (a renamed sales pitch), and how they go to the point of insults when told NO. They are well trained, well-scripted and the odds are in their favor from the moment you get in line for the free meal.
    If your pruchase was in the state of SC, check out the Timeshare Act in that state: http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t27c032.php. Note in particular [protected], 110, 120. If any of these were violated, make a formal complaint to the SC Real Estate Commission with sales person's names, license numbers if possible, dates, and what happened. They have a form: http://www.llr.state.sc.us/POL/REC/index.asp?file=complaint.htm. Unless this is done, they will continue doing what they are doing now.
    In these contracts, there is no termination or cancellation clause. Youwill be asked to sign several waivers, disclaimers, and other forms to waiver your rights. Everything is stacked in their favor. The lies they tell are not in the contract documents, but have more to do with your benefits after purchase, implications of what a great deal it is. However, the contract is what will be used against you, and once you sign it and the recission period expires, that is the only record that remains. And the next vacation, they will be right back in your face to try and do it again. Some resorts have VERY enticing incentives to attend the update: Bonnet Creek has Disney & Universal discounts. Daytona has tours & attractions. Williamsburg has discounts on tours and local attractions. Smoky Mtns, Branson have show & theme park discounts. Others have gifts cards in varying denominations. The more enticing the incentive, the more abusive the sales staff gets, passing you from one to another until you buy or get mad. Oh, and they will have you sign something that says you declined the great offer they had that day, implying you can never get it again. Don't sign anything, ever.
    Check out my video on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W2TM71Ba-c&feature=g-upl

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Las Vegas, NV — misrepresentation

On 5/24/09 Cynthia Casanova was solicited, while vacationing at the Wyndham, Las Vegas, to purchase...

Wyndham Vacation Resorts — terrible company

I got sucked into a sales pitch at wyndam waikiki beach walk resort, I returned the next day and told them...