ADVERTISIMENT

Thu:8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri:8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sat:8:00 am - 1:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

AAMCO TransmissionsRebuilding a transmission on a vehicle that required more work than the car worthas worth

On June 2nd I purchased a 2000 Lincoln Continental from a private car dealer in Stuart, Fl. On June 4th I was having problems with the transmission and brought the car to AAMCO 3821 S. US 1 To have the car evaluated. I was told I needed the transmission needed to be rebuilt. I also asked that the car be examined for other problems. I was told the car's transmission was worth rebuilding and agreed to it. After receiving the car back 2 weeks later on June 11 I noticed the from end shimmying. I brought the car for a front end alignment to Midas and was told it needed tie rods and tires, on June 15th. I brought the car to St Lucie battery and Tire on June 16th. Had them inspect the car. They informed me that the entire front end, tie rods, idle arm, ball joints, rear suspension, rear break rusted open, fuel filter rusted, and all four tires rear 2008, front 2010 were all dry rotted. My complaint here is that I asked for the service I received from AAMCO be examined BEFORE I spent $2945.34 on a rebuilt. Didn't your mechanic see the front end when they were pulling the transmission? Why would they replace the parts if they saw how rusted the car was in the first place? Had I known I would've paid for their services and had the vehicle towed back to the original dealership instead. I currently have a car with a rebuilt transmission that is unsafe to drive.

Comment Guidelines