ADVERTISIMENT
Thu:6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Fri:6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat:6:00 am - 9:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Home DepotWhirlpool refrigerator order cancelled refund not received.

February 2, 2021. I saw a Whirlpool refrigerator that I liked advertised on the Home Depot Oxnard California website on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 and it showed a delivery date of Saturday, January 16, 2021 so I ordered right then and paid for it the following day. Order # WM29417304. On Saturday, the delivery was to be between 7AM to 11AM so I had the old refrigerator cleaned out and ready to go by 6AM on Saturday. At 10:30 that same day the delivery service called and told me the refrigerator was damaged and they told me to call Home Depot to see when the next delivery would be available. I got on the Home Depot chat line and they called Maytag and found that it would be two weeks before the next available delivery so I cancelled the order because I had everything in coolers and couldn't wait that long. Home Depot offered me $50.00 for the inconvenience, but after 11 days I gave up waiting for it. Home Depot told me I would get a full refund of $2217.04 in 7 to 9 working days, but after 10 working days I had received nothing so I got on the Home Depot chat line again, but was informed that Maytag would not be returning my refund for 4 to 6 weeks per their policy even though the refrigerator never left Home Depot and I never received the refrigerator in the first place. In these days of nearly instant transfers of funds, I find it difficult to believe that with a simple stroke of a key, it only took minutes for the cost to be put on my credit card, a day to go from pending to due, and yet it will take 4 to 6 weeks for them to make that same stroke of a key and return the funds to my credit card.

Comment Guidelines