Menu
reviews & complaints
Chevys Fresh Mex company logo

Chevys Fresh Mex

1730 Travis Blvd, Fairfield, CA, 94533, US
Learn how the rating is calculated
1 complaint
File a complaint Write a review
Website
ComplaintsBoard
M
1:28 am EDT

Chevys Fresh Mex - Quality of food and service

Had dinner tonight with my grand kids first the first time at the Chevy's Fresh Mex in Fairfield California. I took my own daughters to this restaurant for two decades and never had an experience like tonight.

My first comment is this place is not well managed at all. When I arrived people were waiting for to go orders and were literally standing in the kitchen. No one greeted us for more than 10 minutes. It was embarrassing! Then when we were greeted we had to wait another 5-7 minutes for one of the filthy tables to be cleared off. Once we took our seats and ordered we continued to wait for drinks. I ordered a Margarita on the Rocks with Salt, which my husband had to go to the Bar and pick up after waiting for over 30 minutes. The ice was melted and only 1/3 of the glass had salt on the rim. Just thrown together.

Here is the laundry List of other complaints:

- Whole Pinto Beans were dry and salty.

- A hair was found in the Burrito and it was not prepared as requested.

- The Tater Tots were hard as a rock

- Food was slammed on the plate-no real presentation

- The Pork in the Enchilada was hard as rocks ( I plan to call a food inspector)

- No Guacamole served with the Quesadilla as advertised. We had to request and it took more than 15 minutes.

- We waited more than 45 minutes for food and the place was empty.

- At one time we were told one of the cooks went on brake, so that left only one person. Really!

- We sat among several dirty tables. It felt so unclean.

The entire restaurant is in disarray! Where is the Chevy's brand?

- As I was checking out one employee and manager were speaking in Spanish in front of me. What is this all about?

- There is no diversity in service and it feels like the place is becoming a Mexican Hacienda. We were clearly discriminated against.

The only bright spot is the service from Maria F.

The manger did reduce my bill, but it should have been free, especially finding hair in the food.

Desired outcome: Close this restaurant, retrain staff, managers and cooks.I will never eat here again and go on my neighborhood blog with this review and tell people to stay away.How dare you ask me if my statement is true. Close this dump now!!!

Read full review of Chevys Fresh Mex