UPScustomer service

I tried to send this email. I will be calling again tomorrow:

To Whom it May Concern:

I sincerely hope this email doesn't fall through the cracks or gets ignored. Yesterday I received my final notice for a package to be sent to my house. I called the number on the back and followed the instructions on how to set it up so that I could pick it up at the hub here in Austin on Tuscany. I took the time off work and went in this morning. I was told by the service rep that they did not have my package there. She said that somehow it got on a truck, but she didn't know which truck it went on. She gave me a manager's number to call and that was it. No "sorry for your inconvenience" for basically driving all the way out there for nothing. She did give me a hopeful time estimate and a number of a manager to call. As I had a lot of things to do that day, this really was an inconvenience. Well, the time for my package to arrive came and no package. I waited another hour as I worked from home. Nothing. I called the number. The manager, Locke, was short with me and impatient. She said it's on a truck and I'll receive the package later on tonight. Seeing as I have classes after work, this would again be a very big inconvenience to me. She spoke to me like it was somehow my fault for having a day job and not being there to pick up the package. When I told her that I called the number and followed the instructions for me to be able to pick it up and that I had five days to pick up the package, she said that I was wrong and that they would have just shipped it back if I wasn't there to get it the third time. I wondered why the instructions were different from the 800 number on the slip than what she was giving me. She spoke to me like I was a child and once again, I didn't get any apology for the inconvenience. I hung up the call feeling that she didn't care that my package was put on a truck at all and that it was no big deal when it was to me. It greatly concerned me that my package would have been shipped back simply because I had the audacity to work a day job in an office.

Wanting to find out if it would be shipped back and to file some complaint about the customer service I received, I called the 800 number. It was there that for the first time, I actually got an apology for what I was going through. They took down the name and number and told me that they would check in on Locke at the Austin UPS Hub and do some research into it. They also told me that according to their records, my package was there at the hub. I decided to go there as I didn't want to have to be late for work tomorrow picking up a package that I should have already been able to pick up today.

I arrived there and was told to wait while they got the manager. She came out and was immediately defensive. She said, rudely, that she already told me that my package was on a truck and I would be getting it around 6pm tonight. I told her that I spoke to the 800 number and they said it was here. She said that since they were in a different city and she's here, she would know better than them. She said that the guy loading the truck didn't know what third attempt means. Instead of taking this as an opportunity to offer to train this person so this mistake doesn't happen again, she again makes me feel like I'm the idiot. Funny, because I thought I was the customer. Again, even when admitting that they made the mistake, she still didn't offer any sort of apology and acted like I was both stupid and an annoyance more than anything else. You know, a lot can be tolerated with a simple apology and an acknowledgment that the customer has been inconvenienced. I wasn't even remotely extended this courtesy at all. Instead she acted harassed that she even had to speak to me. I told her that not one time until I complained to the 800 number of what happened that I didn't get any apology for my inconvenience. She didn't blink, didn't seem to care and was just defensive. I don't think saying sorry when you already know you did something wrong is too much to ask, do you?

I don't know if this complaint will make a difference, but I do know that you have officially lost a customer. There is no excuse to make a customer feel like an idiot or stupid, especially when you were the ones to make the repeated errors in this situation. I would like this complaint to be escalated if possible seeing as how I never got contacted back for further questions from my call.

• Be
    bedfordparkblvdguy Jan 28, 2010

Why is UPS so afraid to answer the phone? Could it be that, back on 9 Decmeber 2009, the driver associated with my UPS store, 545 Brush Avenue, Bronx, NY [protected]) stole my merchandise and permitted someone other than myself to take delivery of it?

Could it be that they routinely have their drivers' record fraudulent entries that reflect that a package was undeliverable?

Could it be that supervisors at the Brush Avenue location permit drivers to drive company trucks with passengers (girlfriends) inside during route times?

Why has Mr. Ronald McMillan refused to take action and simply pass off complaints about the customer care of the company that pays him a salary???

Should the American people continue to justify the sub-standard actions of a Mr. Ronald McMillan??

I say: NO

• Sc
    scooby111 Apr 04, 2011

Ups needs to be shut down. Ordered a package and they didn't attempt to even delivery it, 2 days in a row. When i called, the rep. stated that i had moved and my location was undetermined. I do not know where they got this information but i have never moved and lived here for 28 yrs. Its day 5 and i am still waiting for my package and no one has an answer. I believe my package was stolen and they are stalling to find out what happened. I do not have any problems with any other delivery services and UPS has made this the worse experience EVER! I reported them to the BBB and i think they should be fined. Customers should not have to endure rudeness, uncooperative companies that are not there to solve a problem, they obviously created!
    P.S.
    Know companies like: Sony, Nike, HP, etc., should not use UPS for their delivery services. It makes the customers never want to order anything online, if they know it'll be delivered by UPS.

MJH7890 May 10, 2011

So, I had scheduled a pickup yesterday. This morning, the packages were still there. No big deal. I call UPS to see what the deal is, and im told someone will get back to me. Well, the woman who called me back started by telling me that I didnt do the end of the day report by the time he had come at 3:45, and no one was at my desk. Well, considering I work until 3, your right, I wasnt here. However, I also have the end of day slip printed out, and had it on top of the packages for when he came. I have the time that was printed out also. When I told her this she proceeded to say "well, I have his time stamp right here that he went into the office and there were no packages"...man, he must be blind if thats the case because there are 6 giant tubes with labels on them right in front of my desk. So, he's lying and she has an attitude problem. She kept getting nastier and nastier until the end of the conversation where she said "well, he'll be there today, try to be at your desk"...wow. I dont even know how else to respond to that. How about your driver does his job correctly and you get some better customer service reps because that is completely unacceptable.

MJH7890 May 10, 2011

Im not going to "be at my desk", when they are showing up an hour after i leave work. i have an account with them and scheduled daily pickups. i shouldnt have to stay an hour late just for when they decide they are going to show up.

MJH7890 May 10, 2011

and that doesnt excuse the fact that the woman was rude. my complaint isnt about the pickup, its about the nasty attitude of their customer service representatives when I was just trying to find out why he didnt come last night.

MJH7890 May 10, 2011

My business also has operating hours, which UPS knew when we signed the contract. I wasn't rude at all. I simply asked if she knew the reason that there was no pickup, seeing as its never been an issue. I have a valid problem with the way I was spoken to. Not once did I raise my voice or given any form of an attitude. I know our driver is busy, and thats why I had no issue until the phone call.

MJH7890 May 10, 2011

i tried that, and i was hung up on.

MJH7890 May 10, 2011

The supervisor didnt, the rep i was speaking to hung up on me when i asked for her superior.

• Ly
    LynnMR Aug 04, 2011

I ordered a birthday gift for my boyfriend online and the company only ships through UPS to Canada. They tried delivering it on the day promised, then advised me of the 75.15$ after the fact. I was not home during delivery time and asked to pick up the package. They said they would call me within 1 hour to let me know if i could pick it up on the same day. I did not receive a call so i called back. They said it was all ready for me to pick it up. I came in from out of town taking time off work to pick it up and they didn't know where the package was. They interuppted me, refused to allow me to explain because "they couldn't do anything and I needed to call the 1-800#". I called and they said that i was mis-informed, it is not ready for pick up but due to my inconvenice they would try to get it to the warehouse same day and someone would call me before 7 PM. No one called. The tracking web page was updated to reflect that I committed to picking up the package same day and i could pick it up after 8:30 PM. The warehouse closed at 7 PM. I called back quoting the reference number for my complaint and they said nothing could be done for my inconvenience. I asked to be put through to a manager and I was put on hold for 20 minutes. I disconnected, called back, asked to be put through to a manager and they said there was no manager but i could talk to the support center. The support center said they couldn't do anything, not even file a complaint against anyone as they had no record of who i talked to.

I cannot get my package on time due to the horrible service I receieved and my birthday present to my boyfriend is late. I missed time from work causing me unpaid hours at work. I had to drive from out of town causing me extra time and money in gas. I will still be paying the ridiculous 75.00 for the customs charges.

• 64
    642ranch Sep 08, 2011

MIssed getting my package by fifteen mintues. Did not know that I would have to sign for it. Called customer service (that was a mistake). I asked if they could route me to the distribution center to get the trucks number. They said that they could not do this (even though they did it just last April when they screwed up my wife's dance costume delivery). So rude. Gave me the speech that they can only make one attempt a day. Told them I work in the daytime and that they could take the package to the where I work. That is an extra charge. really. UPS sucks. They have gotten so big that they do not care. Love my local post office. They call me when I have a package and I can just go there and get it. Wow I live in a town of 8, 000 and UPS can't find me or better yet won't help me find the truck with my package.

• Pm
    PMDMAM Nov 17, 2011

UPS in all of this new age technology and advance global business practice UPS still falls behind the rest in the area of customer service. We work for a Property Management Office located inside of the actual building. It is not a make-shift office it is a real business. However UPS will not recognize the office as a business because although our address says Management Office we are located inside of a residential building. When I contacted UPS to ask if they would consider us a true commercial business (as we are) they flat out denied saying it was nothing they could do. However, the representative kept asking about opening an account with them. Now why would we want to open an account if we cannot get our business packages and deliveries before 7 or 9 pm on a normal business day, although our office hours are clearly posted. No thank UFUS...how about we stick with Fed-Ex because they are smart enough to be a consumer oriented business who obviously appreciates the accounts of our 200+ (albeit small to them) locations. I can see why and how Fed-Ex became so popular for businesses - they deliver to businesses during business hours. Now we must tell our contractors and vendors to find other means of delivering their goods to us as well. STUPID, STUPID- We have had enough!!!

• Bl
    blcollins3 Oct 27, 2012

Ups customer service was to call back in 1 1/2 hours, no call back, called customer service back and requested some local assistance and was routed to an operator in Guatamala City in Central America. This is the kind of run around that could be expected from any scam service.

• Bi
    bigguy436 Apr 25, 2014

Just realized the ups delivery driver dropped off a $1300 receiver at the wrong side of the house...Never attempted to contact anyone..Just dropped it and left..

When I left for work in the am. The delivery confirmation said it was still out state...luckly I looked again on line when I got home and saw it was delivered...its Friday and probably wouldn't have looked until Monday..

The way I see it is the drivers and local warehouse staff aren't accountable to anyone...they do as they please and the hell with you...Its a shame...

• Ho
    Home/res Jun 24, 2014

UPS drivers from brush ave are the worse EVER! You will be home tracking your package and it will say " customer not available " . It's either they don't know how to ring the door bell or don't even show up, because sometimes they don't even leave a slip that they were the! It's very ridiculous and the interesting thing about it is UPS supervisor / management are not doing anything about it! I'm reading the reviews for this particular location and it's very bad. I just wish amazon will just go ahead and use a different shipping company like USPS and probably when UPS see there's a drop in business they will correct and make things better

• Lo
    lorddick Jan 16, 2015

how about when you order something make sure your home to receive your ### their just doing their job. if you have a problem with it get your ### off the chair and go buy your ### or order it n have ot shipped to the store. its a pain in thr ### when they make more than one attempt and ypur ### aomt home so if you noticed that you never get your packages on time know that they ups drovers know your home schedule soif your ### aint their your getting sheeted REMEMBER your package rlly isnt yours altho you pay for it. its actually the drovers package whos delivering it if he feelongs like leavinf it trust me he will if they dnt like you or know your never around good luck recieveing your package ;) hope that was helpful for you