UOB Bank — threaten customer
To global uob team,
Appreciate if you can assist to look into this case and revert to me.
I have received my statement last week which asking me to make the payment to my credit cards statement. After looking at the detail of the statement, I found that uob charged the uob master card which was supposed to be cancelled by uob few years back. I have never used this card before and wondering why there is charges occurs. I have call the hotline clarify on the account, then the officer started to threaten me.
Below is the detail of the conversation:
- call to uob hotline and spoke to a lady named rebecca kong (Employee id: 43330). (Rebecca’s tone was very rude)
- I have informed her that I have never used this card and this is supposed to cancel long time ago as I have requested it few years back.
- rebecca responded to me that cancelling the master card has to go to the branch. (Could not explain why can’t I cancel via phone)
- I have told her that it is not possible as I do not want to take a day off to just handle this issue. (She insisted me to go to the branch)
- I have also informed her that why it is not so much hassle when I applied the card, but it is so trouble when I want to cancelled.
- she claimed that this is process and policy.
- she also threaten me that I will be charged for $270 as annual fees if I do not keep my master card. (Start threaten me by charging me more fees)
- she also insisted me to either go to the branch to cancel the card and nothing much she can do.
- I asked her whether there is any supervisor / manager on duty. She told me that there is no supervisor working during the weekend. (Curious: such a big call centre, and no manager/supervisor is available)
- she claimed that nothing much she can do
- I requested her to get the supervisor to call me on monday
- a lady from uob called me claimed that she can only do the cancellation on my master but not visa. (I doubt that she is the supervisor, and she spoke fast like machine gun)
- I asked her why? She said that this is policy and cannot do anything about it.
- I have then requested her to drop me an email with the detail. She promised me that will send it to me by 23-aug-2010. (I do not receive her email at all)
All I request is to cancel my uob credit cards as I am very upset about the services provided. Why would uob bank doing so much hanky-panky things to retain the customer? Is this the way uob retains the customer by providing hassle cancellation process to customer? My family business has been using uob premier banking services for more than 20 years, I guess it is time to consider in switching to other bank as such worst customer experiences and services may impact our confidence to uob bank.
Few concern I have on my mind which I doubt that uob did really fulfill the banking policy:
1. Why my master card did not get cancelled in few years back?
2. Why uob wants to charge customer additional $270 when customer wants to cancel the card?
3. Why uob is using threaten tactic in retaining customer?
4. Why there is no supervisor on duty during the weekend?
5. Why uob did not send me email as promised?
6. Why the officer was so rude to the customer?
7. Why uob simply charge me the government tax on the card which I have already cancelled long time ago?
More UOB Bank Complaints & Reviews
- United Overseas Bank Malaysia - Poor customer service and slow response time
- UOB - fraud
- United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank - I want to make a complaint with uob bibplus banking system
- UOB Bank, Singapore - cost for past statements
- UOB Bank - racist staff gary lee - new uob bank account for foreigner in singapore
- United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank - uob "mighty" app
- United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank - uob raffle place
- United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank - deposit jam
- United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank - sammy koh, senior avp
- United Overseas Bank / UOB Bank - privilege banking