Menu
Unlimited Vacation Club Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Unlimited Vacation Club
reviews & complaints

www.unlimitedvacationclub.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.1 389 Reviews

Unlimited Vacation Club Complaints Summary

295 Resolved
94 Unresolved
Our verdict: You can expect a very good level of service from Unlimited Vacation Club. To navigate their system effectively, thoroughly understand their service scope. Check online forums and review sites for others' experiences. When contacting customer service, clear and concise communication can help resolve your issues faster.
Claimed
Unlimited Vacation Club has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Unlimited Vacation Club. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
File a complaint

Unlimited Vacation Club reviews & complaints 389

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Unlimited Vacation Club reviews & complaints

Z
7:55 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - Medical claim not answered

I was hurt at Secrets St. James Montego Bay on August 1, 2022 and seen the nurse and made a report. Until today nobody from UVC and/or Secrets Montego Bay has answered my calls and emails. I was sitting near the pool and the umbrella was open, in the base and it was not secured. The screw was missing to hold the umbrella in the base to make it sturdy. It...

2:44 am EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club - UVC is fraudulent and won’t let you out of contract

We purchased our contract on our honeymoon at Secrets in Jamaica, January 2020. We’re given false information from day 1. I have requested a cancellation of my contract in September 2022 by phone call and email. I have had several discuss with the UVC staff that since we have paid over 50% of our fees, we can get out. Since that discussion, we continued to...

E
8:28 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Unlimited Vacation Club - Cancellation during COVID outbreak at resort & inappropriate sales tactics

My husband and I were married at Dreams Jade, on Xmas day we had our UVC meeting which the sales rep was “teaching” us how to take a tequila shot “the right way”. He literally brought a platters worth throughout the entire meeting and was instigating us being we just got married. I remember how awful it was because every time we said we weren’t sure and not...

D
4:37 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Ulifestyles collections / uvc

I was over charged on the initial contract. Oscar said he would charge $25 per month on my AMR account only to find he had been charging and double charging the account for months, times $77 ×2 per month. As well as my husband's account. When I discovered it, I called and his way of covering it up was more lies made to deceive me out of even more funds. The number of caused a last minute interruption in Vacation plans be cut short and cancellation of my husband's birthday celebration on his birthday by children and grandchildren who had traveled from Washington DC area to Saint Petersburg Florida. I never said Orlando from my mouth nor knowing agreed with Orlando statements. This is a technical whitewash on your company's part that has inserted technical yeses where there were none by the customer. I would *** never recommend such to anyone and will seek legal ramifications. Seeing his lying cost almost one thousand dollars out of pocket expenses after lying to cover-up his inability to fulfill his promises. Afterwards in the cancellation process Oscar, the customer support agent, and Oscar's management team promised a return of my $209 down-payment in lieu of the breach of contract that would be back in account in7-10 business days, only to be followed up with another lie given to finance by none other than Oscar.

Desired outcome: Return of overage that is above the initial contract monthly amount $25 per month and return of $209 for the 2nd agreement unfulfilled.

S
10:01 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Scam be aware

One of the worst scams they do for…

One of the worst scams they do for travelers, especially from the USA. They start tricking you starting at the airport by attracting tourists by selling excursions tickets giving 75% off compared to the resort rates. In return, they will ask you to attend meetings at some resorts. They say, "We are showing you our resort tour just to show how exclusive it is and you can refer your friends". They will ask you to pay by cash for the excursion tour and the tickets will be given only after you finish touring their resort. They promise it will take only 1.5 hrs for the breakfast and the entire tour of the resort. Once you go to the resort, they will take pictures of your driver's license and provide free breakfast. They will take you to the meeting hall where they sell the unlimited vacation package membership. They pressurize you and give you the best rate so you will be tempted to put down payment and they give 4 weeks of free vacation in any of the Hyatt resorts. The two guys who pressurized and sold the product were, Diego and Oscar. Once you sign the contract they will give you all the excursion tickets and they ask you to immediately to leave the resort where you are staying. They also warn you not to say anyone the reason for leaving the resort. Diego and Oscar came personally in their car to pick up from our resort and dropped us in the Secrets resort. They promised us that we are on of the best customers they had and gave us a completely free stay. They promised that it's a completely free stay and their intention is to keep us happy. After the vacation, we got to know through this website it was a complete scam. We called immediately to cancel the membership. They agreed to close the membership and took closer to $3000 of our money which we put as the down payment for the membership. They refused to give back stating it was the closing cost money and will not be returned. We lost so much money on this trip. I am writing this painfully just to create awareness. I am planning to file a dispute against this issue and I am hoping will get my money back. The worst part is I went on this vacation to Los Cabos to create lifelong memories but now when I think of that place and its people it's disgusting to know how cheap and criminal-minded they are. Please stay away from this Unlimited vacation club. Hyatt is one of the most reputable hotels and they are spoiling their name. Please be cautious about this whole scam and this has to be stopped at any cost.

Don't cheat innocent people's hard earn money.

Update by SNSa
Aug 15, 2023 9:51 pm EDT

One of the worst scams they do for…

One of the worst scams they do for travelers, especially from the USA. They start tricking you starting at the airport by attracting tourists by selling excursions tickets giving 75% off compared to the resort rates. In return, they will ask you to attend meetings at some resorts. They say, "We are showing you our resort tour just to show how exclusive it is and you can refer your friends".They will ask you to pay by cash for the excursion tour and the tickets will be given only after you finish touring their resort. They promise it will take only 1.5 hrs for the breakfast and the entire tour of the resort. Once you go to the resort, they will take pictures of your driver's license and provide free breakfast. They will take you to the meeting hall where they sell the unlimited vacation package membership. They pressurize you and give you the deadliest rate so you will be tempted to put down payment and they give 4 weeks of free vacation in any of the Hyatt resorts. Once you sign the contract they will give you all the excursion tickets and they ask you to immediately to leave the resort where you are staying. They also warn you not to say anyone the reason for leaving the resort. They made us stay in the secrets and promised it's a completely free stay. After the vacation, we got to know through this website it was a complete scam. We called immediately to cancel the membership. They agreed to close the membership and took closer to $3000 of our money which we put as the down payment for the membership. They refused to give back stating it was the closing cost money and will not be returned. We lost so much money on this trip. I am writing this painfully just to create awareness. I am planning to file a dispute against this issue and I am hoping will get my money back. The worst part is I went on this vacation to Los Cabos to create lifelong memories but now when I think of that place and its people it's disgusting to know how cheap and criminal-minded they are. Please stay away from this Unlimited vacation club.

3:12 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Membership

Unlimited Vacation Club released our personal information and we have contacted them regarding this and we are still receiving calls from companies that want to purchase our membership, these are scams they tell us that we need to pay the Mexican taxes in order to proceed with the sale. they Send a contract and it all looks very real. We are contacting a lawyer as we want a refund for our membership from UVC. They do not protect their customers from this type of fraud, The companies that get our names know how many days we have how many free weeks and that we are Silver Members.

plus they have our contact information, we have contacted UVC and nothing is being done. We paid good money and yes we have gone to the Dreams chain but it is disappointing and on top of that even if you are already a member they are still trying to up sell you and get your to make further purchases. We are done with visiting the Dreams, Secrets, Zoetry, chains due to this. They do not look after their members. We lodged a complaint though them regarding an outfit called Hollywood Management that solicited us and nothing has been done, now we have Magnificent Realty calling to make the purchases. We are able to supply emails and supporting documents from these fraudulent companies by email only we will not enter on this site. We are not paying any membership fees until this is dealt with.

Michelle Neigel

[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: refund from VUC for total Membership 20K plus legal costs

5:14 pm EDT
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club "Membership" and "Payments Due"

We were on vacation in the Dominican Republic and ended up signing up for RCI Hilton Grand Vacations. We paid the fee in full by credit card. Ever since then, Unlimited Vacation Club keeps calling and emailing that our 'membership fee' is due, or overdue. Or they call to remind me to "register" with the club. These representatives have tried (without success) to confuse us by saying we have already paid for 2 years of our membership and this is just a renewal. When I tell them that I did not register for this option when we signed up with RCI, they stated that it was free and included. Turns out, it isn't the same at all. Our RCI membership is mostly for resorts in the Carribean. Unlimited Vacation Club is trying to have us purchase THEIR additional membership so we can have those same resort benefits around the world. I have told them over and over on the phone that we are not interested and to stop calling. They are very pushy. I can't seem to get off their calling list and they send multiple emails per week stating I have a "late payment". This is all untrue and a clear ploy to trick people into thinking they need to pay these statements.

Desired outcome: Take me off all calling lists and all email lists. I no longer want to receive ANY correspondence from the Unlimited Vacation Club.

5:04 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club UVC membership

In January 2023, I was at the Dreams Natura resort and SPA Cancun with my family. While doing the time share presentation we had our reservations about joining uvc, but the sales associate showed us the benefits of rci and that we would be getting 2 free week at a top notch am resort with our membership. We looked through the rci website and saw some pretty great resorts, what they didn't tell us was that our free weeks could only be used after they getting 10k from us and that almost all the resorts charge so the cost ends up being almost what you would pay anyways! After finding this out I then called and questioned about my "free weeks" only to find out that when I did test it by booking of a week in next December to see what I would be charged, it came out to $7k! My free week that I would earn after I paid my balance would cost me 7k lol! Literally every part of this membership that sold me was a complete lie! The worst part was that we put 4k down that we were planning on using for our family vacation. So we got sold on the "hey put the 4k down and you can use one of your weeks!' We got totally used all the way around. I cried for days after this. I don't know if they understand how terrible this is for people on a limited budget who plan for these vacations and save for them, to then use it against someone like they will save money and get what they actually promise in their presentations. I'm planning on putting a class action lawsuit against them if anyone would like to join please let me know!

Update by Nora Douami
Aug 10, 2023 2:20 pm EDT

Hi

I’m still waiting for an answer from you.

Nora Douami

Update by Nora Douami
Aug 09, 2023 9:22 pm EDT

Wow I receive an e-mail that I spoke to customer representative and to call again. Please stop playing with my nerves and refund my money back.

Thanks

Y
11:18 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Unlimited vacation club

I request an escalation of case for contract cancelation request. I canceled the day i was given access to the website and was told it was too late. I was never told about the cancelation policy and day of signing the computer had a glitch that didnt allow us to complete contract on that specific date now now they are telling me the docusign signed on 7/17 was not the official contract date.

Desired outcome: Full refund and cancelation of contract

Update by Yrenteri
Aug 03, 2023 3:57 pm EDT

I have been given the run around and left with people who "dont have the authority" to cancel. Please assist with scheduling a follow up.

C
4:51 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club The membership scam

We purchased our Unlimited Vacation Club in Mexico at Jade Dreams in November 2022 . Our 1 hr presentation turned into 5 hrs and we should have ran then but we got caught up in the scam and the free drinks they provided. We put $15,000 down and we’re told after 3 years of paying $500 per month, in addition to the $15,000 we put down, that we could go anywhere for free or a minimum fee if all inclusive! When we investigated further we realized it’s only a 25 % discount on total price of resort stay, basically same as if we booked thru Expedia! We want out of this contract and will be contacting our atty.. if anybody is filing a lawsuit against this company please include us as we are devasted but mad at ourselves for being so stupid! We can’t afford this extra expense of $500 per month for 3 years on top of the $15,000 we already have them! Please reach out if anybody has insight to this! Thanks!

Lisa

[protected]@aol.com

Desired outcome: Deposit refunded and documentation to give to credit card company to stop payment on this!

Read full review of Unlimited Vacation Club and 3 comments

3 comments
Jul 18, 2023 9:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm also dealing with them, they asked me to pay 50% of my contract to be released from them. They will not honor what they offered me at the sales room and refused to give a refund. They went as far as offering me to contact their legal team and advised any lawsuit will be handled in Panama.

I hope everyone is aware this company is now owned by Hyatt and the pritsker family from Illinois

That might be a great place to start and make a lawsuit easier to work with.

Unethical and deceptive sales practices are illegal in the state of Illinois and federal.

If you do start reach out to me - Nestoramigon@gmail.com

Ty’s World
Jul 18, 2023 7:26 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please include us in whatever action you’re taking against them. We’re in the same boat!

Jul 18, 2023 3:21 pm EDT

HI

I am from Illinois and would be very interested in supporting a class action lawsuit. I was sold a product/service under false pretense, I was told the "free week: was available for immediate use and would waive the black out dates in exchange for singing up with them. Long story short, I just got off the line with Fabiola Enriquez Fenriquez@unlimitedvc.com from the member quality assurance department and she indeed gloated about being protected by the laws of Panama for a company doing business in Mexico and owned by Hyatt which holds head quarters in Chicago. She referred me to her legal team as she claimed she didn't have a superior or manager above her. Arbitrationmanager@unlimitedvc.com. I was told to be released from the contract they would need 50% of the value of the contract to be released. So imagine if you fell for their 100k, 50k, 25k, package, then you would owe them 50% of those amounts. These people scam you into buying something that is not true and then charge you extra just to be released. When you call them out on their unethical practices and lies they get very defensive and threaten you with credit agencies going after you credit.

If any one does have an active lawsuit or in the works of creating one I would like to speak to you as this practice will continue until someone does anything about it. I do have her on recording specifically saying that they did offer the free week before but then took it away as people caught on to their games.

8:27 pm EDT
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club Unethical and misleading sales tactics (cancelling membership)

My boyfriend and I went on a trip to Panama in May 2023 where we were convinced to purchase a membership with UVC for US$25,900. We paid roughly $5000 USD on spot for the membership and were to be charged monthly for 4 years to finish paying. I lost my job the following month and tried to cancel the membership which we can no longer afford. They informed us at that point that we cannot cancel and that they will not give us a refund because the 5 day window to cancel had passed, even though we did not use any of their services. They had no empathy whatsoever even when I tried to explain how desperate we are and how much we need back the money. I pleaded with them hoping someone would be empathic towards the situation and override the contract, but they did not care. We were not told of any cancellation policies of the contract despite asking, and they basically strung us out until the 5 day period to cancel the contract passed (which we were not aware of) and convinced us that we had no reason to cancel.

Before I lost my job, we got home and thoroughly reviewed the contract which was when we realized that there were a number of things on it that were not mentioned in the presentation and that we were misled. We queried them but were still uncomfortable with the responses we got and when we asked about cancelling, they refused to give us any information about cancellation policies and instead tried to persuade us into thinking that the membership was beneficial to us and we’d have no reason to cancel. We continued to do our research and tried to see how best we could make the membership work. I lost my job shortly after and now need to cancel for sure, which was when we were told we cannot cancel the contract.

After this, we fully realized we were basically scammed by UVC, and almost everything they told us is a lie. We discovered that the membership is a waste of money and that there are many other agencies who offer far better rates than UVC’s discounted rates.

I am truly distraught about the whole thing because as I’m writing this, I am in a very desperate position where I need that money that was paid to them to help me keep my life together. A number of additional financial obligations have fell into our laps and we simply cannot afford to throw away US$5000 to UVC.

If anyone knows of any way we can get help with cancelling the contract and getting a refund, please let me know. We desperately await your response.

Desired outcome: Refund!

Update by Ty’s World
Jul 17, 2023 6:32 pm EDT

This is the 1st time something like this has ever happened to me, can’t believe I fell for this scam. I’ve learnt my lesson. Please help!

Jul 18, 2023 3:21 pm EDT

K
10:09 am EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Breach of contract by uvc

I was looking to book a vacation at Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana on the UVC website. I checked the same booking on Expedia, just in case. Unbelievably, the same booking was $400 cheaper on Expedia and I decided to use the UVC Price Match policy. I called immediately to UVC customer service and the rep asked me to email him both quotes. After he got my quotes he agreed to book with the discounted price but told me that the booking would be non-refundable. I agreed to proceed because I got additional 25% savings from Expedia price. However, his supervisor refused to book. The supervisor told us some nonsense that was not even in our contract. After a long talk with the supervisor we realized that UVC doesn't want to honor their contract and will find any non-existing reasons to not book according to my contract. I asked the supervisor to refer to a particular paragraph in my contract and justify why she refused to honor the contract. She couldn't. Instead, she came up with reasons like credit/debit card payment or the part of the US where I live or time of the day or refundable/non-refundable and other nonsense that was not even mentioned in my contract. It was clear she would give me any lie just to avoid honoring the contract. I filed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, UVC never answered. UVC is a very dishonest company. Their goal is to scam North American consumers. I advise anyone to stay away from UVC.

Desired outcome: To book my vacation according with my contract.

Jul 18, 2023 3:22 pm EDT

Y
2:24 am EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Unlimited Vacations Club

This company is a scam!

They are unwilling to work with us. We have spoken to them numerous times about our account and all they keep trying to do is raise our monthly payments. We made payments but found out that there’s an unlimited lifestyle and they are two separate companies. We asked if they can work on a lower payment plan and they refused to work with our budget. They are not friendly and very rude. They also devulge personal information without verification and have told family members our personal business. They call 4-5x a day and every time they refuse to work with us.

Desired outcome: I would like to work with them on getting my account current but they are asking for $6000 to get our account current or they are threatening to report us to the credit bureau.

Update by Yaya67
Jul 08, 2023 1:21 pm EDT

This response is not appropriate and generic. This doesn’t guarantee that I will be helped. I already sent the email to cx@unlimidvc.com and no one has called me back.

4:46 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Timeshare scam

On June 22, 2023 we were scanned into signing a contract with unlimited vacation club. during this entire process, they continued to say it was not a timeshare and can be canceled at any time. When we were discussing numbers, the representative wrote down numbers that were a complete lie against the actual contract. I felt hounded to sign this contract as well When they have you sign the contract they do not allow you to read it. They then only give you five days to cancel which if you are on vacation you are not thinking about looking at the fine print. This has been a complete nightmare and a scam, and all they want is your money. I called one day after the five days would have been up to try and cancel and they’re stating I have to pay 50%. Senior management from this company should be watching how these people try and sell these products. It is unethical to bind a client to a contract , that totally differs from the original conversation. They should be able to cancel this as they have not provided any services to me. I have not used their services, so technically, I am just paying just to pay. After reading tons of reviews, it is a shame that they are still in business and continue to rip people off on a daily basis, and collect hundreds and thousands of dollars by lying to clients.

Desired outcome: I would just like a refund and be done with this. I do not plan to use your services. I would not want to be a part of a timeshare. In your brochures read by the representative states, this is not a timeshare.

Update by AmbB
Jul 17, 2023 8:06 am EDT

This issue has not been resolved.

H
12:37 am EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Membership

We were experiencing a wonderful vacation at Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort. We were approached by a representitave of Unlimited Vacation Club. We discussed our vacation habits and desires for future vacations. After attending about a 4 hour presentation, we were told we could purchase a vacation program that would give us seven (7) weeks of vacation per year. The program would cost $ 13,000 and be paid over a period of years. We were given credit for the stay at the hotel. In addition to the credit afforded us we made an additional payment on the program. We were told we could begin using the program after making our first payment. After making the first payment we called to use the program but were told there was not a record of our purchase. Using our paperwork we gave the contract number and was told perhaps the contract had not been recorded and to call back later. After 4 weeks we called back. This time they did locate our contract. At this time we were told we must make 6 more payments roward the program in order to use the weeks weh were promised. We could purchase time from a participating property at a 25 percent discount. This clearly was not our understanding of the program. Based on this we request a complete refund of our down payment and the payments we have made to date. Who should we direct this request?

Desired outcome: Complete refund of monies paid.

Update by Henry L Jones
Jul 06, 2023 3:05 pm EDT

Thank you for your response. I have sent the requested information to the email address provided.

1:07 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Travel discounts membership

My friend and I purchased this membership on a trip to Cancun in February. We had just arrived in Mexico the evening before. We spent most of our first full day of vacation at the Secrets Akumal Rivera Maya Resort (which was supposed to be a 90 minute visit) where we were given Tequila and other alcoholic beverages and every time we said no, someone else would come over to "sweeten the deal". We ended our many hours there after talking to John who promised us 4 weeks to be used at $299.00 per week and 20 weeks at $519.00 per week. When I was able to access the account, I was unable to determine how to use our weeks.

The promises made during the presentation do not appear to be honored when trying to book travel. We have not been able to book our discounted weeks ($299 or $519). In addition, the pressure of the sale is almost unbearable. As I stated they keep offering you beverages and after refusing several times they keep sending people over to offer something else. You feel like you will not be allowed to get on with your actual vacation until you say yes. You are thinking about your vacation being used up you just want out of there. We were never told that we only have 5 days to cancel the membership and of course, as we were on vacation. we did not think about it until we returned 10 days later. I called to find out how to use the discounted weeks and was told that it could be up to 30 days before they showed up on the website.

I have made several calls to the office and have asked when receiving a call to have someone call me back at a specific time so that I may arrange to have the co-owner there as well so that we may ask questions. I have yet to receive a call back at the agreed upon time. I then receive random calls throughout the day from a "supervisor". When I call back, I am unable to speak to the person that called me or a supervisor. I then request a call back at a time when I am available and receive a call at a random time. This is incredibly frustrating.

I have now sent an email explaining all of this and requesting our membership cancelled. I then received an email from a "manager" at the Quality Assurance Department. He advised me to schedule a contact time with him from the hours of 10 - 12 or 3 - 5 Cancun Time. I requested a call back on a specific day at 3:00 my time which would be 4:00 Cancun time. He agreed to this. He did not call me at that time and then told me : "My apologyse, it was my misunderstanding we don´t have that time to schedule as we are 1 hour ahead you." This time was within the time frame we were asked to schedule in. I have tried to arrange another call back but have not received any response on this.

At this time we realize that this is just not something that is going to work for us and we feel that we have been scammed. After reading reviews and complaints online, it does not appear that ours is an isolated incident.

Desired outcome: Refund

Update by AnotherScammed1
Jul 06, 2023 7:19 pm EDT

I have already sent an email to that email address with all of the pertinent information on it. Someone reached out to me to schedule an appointment to discuss this. I scheduled the appointment to have them call me and they did not call. I then called the number in this persons email and there was no answer. I then emailed them that I was waiting for their call. They replied something to the effect that they misunderstood the time zone difference. I then tried to schedule another appointment 1 week ago and have not heard back from the person.

7:42 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Sunscape puerto vallarta

I’m am staying at your puerto Vallarta location, this location should be shut down ! The service is poor, rooms outdated, sheets dingy, no straw for drinks, no bags for ice, they expect you to put ice in a ice tub, that’s has been sitting in the room, not knowing if it’s clean or dirty. I am about to put pics on social media, advising people that the website is totally different for the resort, no valet parking you have to walk a ways to park,food is no good ! Having to leave property to buy food. Why is it so different from the one in Cancun, their food and service is much better ! If I would’ve known this location is trash, I would’ve purchased ! I bought for this location, I’m here twice a year, I have spent over 1,300 already just got here at 2 today. Room was over 1,000 which is NOT worth it, furniture in room should be trashed it’s so outdated, haven’t seen furniture like this since 1970, customer service is awful for UNV members. I was told no free room service, No lounge access without paying additional fees, the one in Cancun had free room service.Not to mention dirty walls.

Desired outcome: Refund some of my money !!!

C
4:55 pm EDT
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club Unlimited vacation scam!! Don't do it!!

My friend and I went to Dreams Jade in Puerto Moreles, MX on Jun 2-5, 2023 and were convinced to take the 90 min sales pitch so we can get free spa certs. We took the tour and was presented this 'wonderful' sounding vacation club membership where we would only pay $67-114 per person/per night for any of their all inclusive resorts for an unlimited number of weeks along with all these other incentives only to find out after getting home their entire sales pitch was a bunch of strategically worded LIES.. We were NEVER told that this membership was merely just a 25% discount off their published rates and were led to believe that we had fixed prices as vacation club members and that only if we traveled on holidays like Christmas would we be subjected to higher rates of around $300, which we were also made to believe were fixed rates. WHen you look online through thier site, it's like finding a needle in a haystack to find a rate under $100 pp/per night. Everything was like $300-400/night minimum. I can find better rates online on my own, for free.

During the contract signing the sales manager Luis quickly summarized each of the 65 pages as he had you initial it, quickly passing over each section so fast you barely get a chance to skim over it. Whenever I caught a potential discrepancy in what were told (specifically the flyback program) he would go to the back like a car salesman and then come back with the contract like he got special approval and would move forward.

One of the things were promised w/the flyback program was that we would get $500 each/per yr reimbursed once activated. When I questioned the price of $1795 or something like that on the contract he went back to his sales team and came back saying that we could get it for 2yrs instead of 10, and only pay a $99 activation fee instead of the almost $1800 and that we would could wait until next yr to activate it b/c we were already financing part of the down payment for the first 6 months. Once back home, we received a call from flyback who advised it none of this was the case. It was $500 once/per yr, for 10yrs, and there was no $99... it was the almost $1800 activation fee.

They kept us there so long and kept telling us we had to re-sign the contract, even meeting us over at the pool later that day to re-sign the contract on their ipad for like the 4th or 5th time that day. At this point I'm convinced they switched contracts on us b/c by the end we weren't even looking anymore b/c we had repeatedly signed all 65 pages over and over.

As soon as we realized what happened we reach out to cancel. we have been getting the run around from different departments pointing the finger at another phone # or department we have to call and basically telling us that they will call us when they call us.

Today I managed to speak with the QA dept in which I was told yesterday I couldn't get a phone number to by the call center rep, only to be given it today by another rep. When I called there I was told I need to call the sales center at the resort we bought from. IF I had been told this from the beginning I would have started there. But they keep sending you in circles to further delay the cancelation process and screw you out of any chance of getting anything back.

I finally got spoke w/someone today who said they will process the cancelation but refuses to refund us our down payment. I have gone back and forth with her and I'm fed up. I have canceled my credit cards and disputed the down payment charge on my credit card and my friend is doing the same w/her card. BUT I want it refunded through the resort directly!

This company is a complete scam and looking at the negative review and complaints, others were given the same lies we were.

Desired outcome: We want our down payment completely refunded to our credit cards and this cancelation finalized ASAP.

Update by chamner04
Jun 20, 2023 6:49 pm EDT

@UnlimitedVacationClub - I emailed you guys at that email address yesterday and it was NO help. All you do is tell me someone will contact me. I spoke w/Adriana today via WhatsApp who refused to give me a refund and instead tried to convince me to keep it for an even 'lower' price. And that was after the sales rep from the resort texted me to try and do the same earlier today, trying to scare me into keeping it under the guise of 'trying to help' so I don't lose my money. The only help I want and need is to get a 100% refund on my down payment. I'm sick of hearing about how by law you only have give us a refund within 5 days. Well by law, you CANNOT lie to customers. So you already broke the law by misleading myself along with many other victims of your scam, so how about doing the right thing and issuing me a refund. You can start by looking through your inbox for my email from yesterday and respond to that with an appropriate resolution. I'm about to go on every single social media site, every travel and complain forum, the BBB and blast how big of a scam this company is to anyone and everyone that will listen.

D
1:48 pm EDT
Unlimited Vacation Club has left an official reply on this complaint.

Unlimited Vacation Club Sales tactics, scammed by salesperson after joining the club.

We joined in December 2022 at the Secrets Resort in Huatulco. We got along very well with the salesman, and he contacted us in late December after we returned home.

He told us that he had a certificate that was used by employees at the club for a one-week all-inclusive vacation for two for $500. He stated that he would not be able to use it, but he could transfer it to us for the cost ($500). We trusted him and wired him the money from my wife's sister's bank in Mexico.

We kept in touch with him and he would answer our calls. At first, he said there were problems getting it approved.

After, he said that they wouldn't approve it for members and that he would refund our money. Months passed and he kept coming up with excuses like he was laid off, that he was waiting on commission checks and would pay us back after getting that money.

After 6 months of false promises, I called the Huatulco Secrets and told them about it, but they couldn't do anything since he no longer worked there. I told them they shouldn't hire dishonest salespeople and all they did was apologize.

It's hard to trust a company that would employ these types of individuals and these timeshare deals are mostly ripoffs anyway, so stay away from this company and the other companies, whether they are in Mexico, the USA, or any other company. They are not worth it!

Desired outcome: I would like a full refund of my membership, but I would accept some kind of voucher/deal if we reserve a week in one of their resorts in the future.

Update by DonTirso
Jul 02, 2023 9:45 pm EDT

I haven't heard anything back yet, still waiting on a response.

Update by DonTirso
Jun 22, 2023 3:07 pm EDT

I sent an email with the details, still waiting for a response...

4:24 pm EDT

Unlimited Vacation Club Misleading and lies - falsified promises

On October 17th, 2022, my friend and i, signed a contract with your institution (Unlimited Vacation club at Riviera Maya at the dreams hotel) on verbal conditions issued by your agent Asiah whose phone number is +[protected] and his manager. Conditions that were read by a person from your legal department who promised us that all the verbal conditions were the same ones mentioned in the written contract. We signed an electronic document of about 5 pages. This employee had mentioned that we will be entitled to this document a few days later, so we waited. Among the conditions mentioned, there was promises of 4 weeks of initial vacation in an all-inclusive hotel except countries where Hyatt hotels are not; Guarantee that on your platform we will find the best travel ticket promotions; assistance by an employee to answer our questions; the right to cancel at any time. So many promises that turned out to be false.

Month later, after trying to discuss to the agent who sold us the package, we have decided to spoke to another departmen which informed us that we had only 3 weeks instead of 4 weeks. After many discussions, they finally sent sent us the contract in which it is mentioned that we can cancel our contract only 1 to 5 days after signing. First, you sent us this contract dated February 09, 2023 which is 5 months later when we mentioned to your employee that we wanted to cancel our contract because we realized that you were selling false promises. Secondly, the first electronic contract that you had us sign on October 17th, 2022 is different from the one received by email. Thirdly, the online contract on your website also does not match the one you sent us because you included abusive clauses in response to all the complaints against you, where customers mentioned that your employees made them sign this contract under manipulation and under the influence of alcohol consumption. Which is true, because we have experienced it ourselves, you gave us alcohol before signing the contract.

The promises of assistance are false because your agent Asiah failed to assist us, same for many agents we spoke to. They chose to ignore our messages when we insisted on getting answers. The calls we received from your employees were to pressure us to pay and purchase other packages. Your employee Sabrina +[protected] line 22656 was pressuring us to buy other packages.

In your contract it is mentioned that this is not a business opportunity and we are not allowed to sell our package. However, a manager from your company offered to sell our contract (malicious-intentioned on your part) to another person who would want it. This goes against our moral values. Why would we want to get rid of a malicious contract and sell it to someone else?

After checking the promotions on your website, we found that you do not guarantee better promotions as you promised. In fact, your packages are more expensive than other websites. For example, a trip to Hawaii with the same criteria (date, airport, etc.) costs more on your site than elsewhere.

In summary, you violated the principles of your own contract because first, the verbal contract does not correspond to what is written in the paper contract. Secondly, you put our signature on all the pages while you did not give us access to this document. Thirdly, in the contract it is mentioned that we should have immediate access to the contract, while you sent us the contract after the 5 days deadline, i.e. on February 09, 2023; which means that we did not have access to the document to see the abusive clauses. Fourthly, in the contract it is mentioned that we should not trust your employees and that we should only rely on the contract. If you employ people to represent you and you know that they are not credible; if the clauses of the contract tell exactly what your employees are doing wrong and you have not taken steps to prevent it, it means that you are condoning these malicious practices and you are an accomplice.

In addition to the reasons mentioned why we would like to cancel the contract, we have done research on your company that proves that you have had the same behavior with other buyers. People we don't know have understood and signed for the same verbal promises from your agents. Don't you find this suspicious?

Desired outcome: I need a refund.

View 0 more photos

MisouNice.
Montreal, US
Jun 14, 2023 12:29 pm EDT

Hi,

I couldn't wait to update this case. So, I've sent you a message with the information requested and you send me a message to let me know an agent will contact me.

Indeed an agent called me this morning(see image). The so-called agent called to threaten me with a lawsuit if I didn't drop this case because he said they had to reimburse the lender who had financed my contract. Let me tell you, "PLEASE SUE ME."

The last time I had spoken to an agent, I had asked him to send me proof that UCV had sent me the contract on time, since then I have not heard from him again until my message.

I'm not the only one you're trying to scam. The agent told me I wouldn't have any money to support this lawsuit. I repeat, sue me because that's what I want from you or else refund me because you've lied to lots of other people like me. So, threatening someone is your way of dissuading them from making a claim? or it's your way of finding a settlement? Shame on you. I'm going to pursue my claims to the end. You promised 4 weeks verbally, you show us in the contract that there are 4 weeks and when we receive the contract months later, there are 3 weeks. We ask you for a refund and you threaten us?

View 0 more photos

Unlimited Vacation Club In-depth Review

Overview: The Unlimited Vacation Club is a premier vacation club that offers a wide range of services and benefits to its members. The website provides a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate and explore the various offerings.

Membership Options: The Unlimited Vacation Club offers different membership levels, including standard, premium, and elite. Each membership level comes with its own set of benefits and perks, such as exclusive access to luxury resorts, priority booking, and discounted rates. Pricing and payment options are transparent and flexible, allowing members to choose the option that best suits their needs.

Destinations and Resorts: The Unlimited Vacation Club offers a diverse range of destinations for its members to choose from. Whether you're looking for a beach getaway, a city adventure, or a mountain retreat, the club has you covered. The resorts available in these destinations are of high quality and offer a variety of amenities and facilities to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Booking Process: Booking through the Unlimited Vacation Club website is a breeze. The website is user-friendly and provides all the necessary information to make an informed decision. In case of any questions or issues, customer support is readily available to assist during the booking process. Pricing is transparent, and there are no hidden fees or surprises.

Customer Service: The customer service representatives of the Unlimited Vacation Club are highly responsive and helpful. They can be reached through various communication channels, including phone, email, and live chat. Inquiries, complaints, and issues are handled promptly and efficiently, ensuring a positive customer experience.

Member Experiences: Current and past members of the Unlimited Vacation Club have shared their testimonials and reviews, highlighting their overall satisfaction with their vacation experiences. The club offers a wide variety of activities and entertainment options, catering to different interests and preferences.

Flexibility and Limitations: The Unlimited Vacation Club provides flexibility when it comes to booking dates and changing reservations. However, there may be some restrictions or limitations on the usage of vacation benefits, which are clearly communicated to members. Policies regarding cancellations and refunds are fair and reasonable.

Additional Benefits: As a member of the Unlimited Vacation Club, you can enjoy additional benefits such as spa treatments, dining vouchers, and exclusive offers from partner travel-related companies. The club also provides access to special events or experiences, adding value to your vacation.

Transparency and Trustworthiness: The terms and conditions of the Unlimited Vacation Club are clear and transparent, with no hidden fees or restrictions. The club has a strong reputation in the industry and is affiliated with reputable travel organizations. It complies with industry standards and regulations, ensuring trustworthiness.

Overall Value: The Unlimited Vacation Club offers excellent value to its members. The pricing is competitive, and the benefits and perks provided are worth the investment. When compared to similar vacation clubs or travel services, the Unlimited Vacation Club stands out in terms of the quality of resorts and the variety of destinations offered. Potential customers should consider their travel preferences and budget to determine if the club is the right fit for them.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Unlimited Vacation Club contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Unlimited Vacation Club?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Unlimited Vacation Club Customer Service. Initial Unlimited Vacation Club complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Unlimited Vacation Club above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Unlimited Vacation Club. Discuss the issues you have had with Unlimited Vacation Club and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.