Universal Vacation ClubShady deals with timeshares

Dear Complaints Board,

I recently purchased a timeshare at Villa del Palmar Flamingos with Gareth Jones November of 2009. I called and spoke to Daniel Sauer, Gareth's manager, to which he said that he will try to take care of the situation with no reply or response from him in over a week.

I have filed two complaints with the boardmembers and UVC! Surprisingly no response. Please don't allow this to happen to anyone! I don't understand how companies can get away with this considering one of the UVC headquarters is in San Diego with the Villa Group.

We were promised many things from Gareth to which we believe was mostly false:

We were told by Gareth Jones at Villa del Palmar Flamingos:

-Continental Connections (CC) would sell our current timeshare ( San Diego) for $28k within 6 months after the purchase Villa del Palmar Flamingos. He also said that Continental Conenctions would give a $9, 500 good faith estimate (to which they have no knowledge of). I have proof of this this referral because I have a business card given to me by Gareth Jones and a point of contact at CC by the name of Karen Bryce. After spending $650 for their services and numerous messages, she has not replied to my calls.

-Gareth also told us that we could list our timeshare with CC just incase we couldn't make it to the Flamingos to help pay our association fees as an investment property. Later we read that the contract was for only personal enjoyment which was a lie.

-Gareth also told us a reserved 20% of all Interval International hotels cater to the Villa residential customers and the Top 20 Chairman's Club, so we could purchase 4 getaway weekend at a set price of approximately $299 to $749 a week. This was also a lie because we already Gold Members with Interval International.

-Gareth also changed his story when we signed the contract. We were under the impression that we would own title to the timeshare as a tax write-off instead we own a 30-year lease. He said there would be a small fee of a $1 to renew the timeshare after the 30 years to which was also a lie after talking to the customer service department.

Please help anyone! You can contact me, David, at [protected]@rocketmail.com

• De
    Developers Representative Mar 03, 2010

Dear Member, we recognize that you have some ongoing issues regarding your recent purchase.
    Based on the information you have provided above, most of these items are covered in the contracts you are presented at the time of the sale.

Item 1) There are no resale services offered by the Villa Group. Any resale services used by a member is at the member's discretion and the Villa Group cannot speak to the performance of such resale services. Noted in your contract is the following phrase: 'If resale of another timeshare was your primary reason for purchasing, we recommend you reevaluate your decision.'

Item 2)'You acknowledge that any investment consideration which you may have is solely for the savings on future vacations.'

Item 3)The Getaway weeks are specifically covered in the Interval International documents also provided to you at the point of sale.

4)The Villa Group places Verification Officers at the time of sale to ensure there are no misunderstandings regarding your purchase. If the issue of ownership of title or right to use membership was raised, it would be covered by our Verification Officer when signing documents.

We truly hope that this helps clear matters regarding your membership. Additionally, the Developer's Representative direct line is always open to any member who would like to discuss their issues individually. Please feel free to contact [protected] to discuss your issues further if you feel the need.

Regards,

Developer Representative
    Villa Group

• Je
    Jeff Robbins Mar 21, 2010

I would like to direct any readers of this posting to go to a website I just published www.universalvacationclubmembers.com and read to your heart's content. It is addressing many issues and concerns with the Villa Group (Developer) and the UVC. If you are a UVC Member and would like to add your name to my UVC Member mailing list, please contact me via the “Contact Us” page on the site or send an email to [email protected] Jeff Robbins.

• Da
    David Meng Apr 09, 2010

Complaint resolved.

I had spoken to Joshua Garcia for the past month through the escalation procedures. He was very understanding and compassionate about my situation. Joshua explained to me that he had to get authorization to review my case and resolve the dispute. After some negotiations, we have resolved my case. The reason why we purchased with Villa del Palmar Flamingos is because it is one of the most beautiful places we have ever visited. They have a wonderful product, but it ultimately came down to one rogue sales agent and a property management company not affiliated with Villa del Palmar or the developer. I can honestly say that Joshua and the Villagroup are here to listen to the voiced concerns and do their best to make thing right. Thank you, Joshua and the Villagroup!

• De
    Developers Representative Jun 09, 2010

Dear Members and interested parties, please be aware the number for the Developer Representative in Puerto Vallarta has changed. If you need to contact the Developer's Representative for any issues related to the Villa Group, you may now contact [protected] or [protected] (US Lines). We look forward to hearing from you.

Developer Representative
    Puerto Vallarta Area

• Mc
    MC Brian Jul 17, 2010

Gareth Jones is the son of Greg and Sharon Jones. Greg Jones is a South African National living in Canada in Victoria, BC. He lives in an area of Victoria known as Oak Bay, and rents from Bob Wright owner of Oak Bay Marine Group. Greg can be reached through his accountant Durell Wiley [protected]. From here you can reach Gareth Jones. I hope that this helps you reach Gareth, and resolve your issues.

MC Brian...

• Ti
    Timeshare ex-worker Aug 27, 2010

Hi, if you still have problems with UVC contact Joshua Garcia these are his e-mails [email protected] and [email protected], he is a representative from UVC and claims to represent the board of directors, don´t stop and keep fighting for your money.

• Da
    Dave1024 Dec 30, 2014

Greg Jones, form above, has now graduated to questionable car sales on kijiji.ca A Volkswagan convertible was presented for sale. Just a single picture was posted. When asked for more pictures an excuse was given that his daughter was away on vacation. I was then presented with a proposal that I would get 3 weeks accommodation at the Villa del Palmar Flamingos for $1 per day if I purchased the car. Requests, more that a week later, for more pictures including one of the dash with mileage yielded no replies. Another request for an address to have a friend drop by to view the car caused ALL communication to stop. The ad also presented the postal code of a PARK in Victoria. I the end some digging produced a Rwandan phone number.