United Van Linesunethical practice

Movers were rude & obnoxious, and had my wife in tears (I had already relocated several months earlier). No proof (stamp-dated receipt) was provided to verify the actual weight of my items, as they were combined into a multi-family move. All items were hastily & improperly packed, causing much unnecessary work just to look for items we needed while storing the rest. But my biggest complaint about this whole ordeal is being "set up" and finding out ON THE DAY OF THE MOVE (the legal closing date listed in our home sales contract) that my bill had to be "adjusted" ($800 EXTRA) or they wouldn't move us! Before we agreed to hire United Van Lines, we made it clear that we wanted all fragile items packed, and willfully accepted the additional cost agreed upon, which was exactly the same price discussed and listed on our bill. However, on the day of the move, we were told by the movers that our bill didn't include packing. I called the local office and told them our bill reflected the price we agreed to (with packing), yet the movers assured us it was wrong, and even admitted it happens often. The local agents (Bill Craft & Lisa LaRush) confirmed the bill was indeed wrong, stating it was an "unfortunate error", and assured us that even though we must pay the "new" bill, our complaints would be resolved amicably, yet to date, nothing has been done. I have since contacted a corporate official (Linda Petersen), who offered sympathy but nothing else. I suspect this is a common practice with this moving company, therefore, I will NEVER recommend United Van Lines to anyone, and intend to send out mass e-mailings to all my contacts (on a regular basis), asking them to forward this letter on to all their contacts as well in an effort to help the public become aware of how United Van Lines operates.

• St
    Striker! Dec 17, 2013

My experience with United Van lines was horrid. The company mission statements states they provide “superior service to every customer, every time, creating customers for life”
    First of all they fumbled the ball by not meeting the agreed delivery date. After being notified the agreed delivery date would not be met, I was assured three more dates that my household good would be delivered. Today is the fourth promised date, still no definite arrival for today either. My hopes have been crushed too many times. I would sum up their service us unreliable and unprofessional.
    To make matters worse, the customer service department at United Van Lines is not good….take that back its terrible. Never before have I been treated so poorly by a customer service department. I was hung up sever times, called belligerent. I was told me to stop calling because I was tying up their lines. I even spoke with a superior in the customer service department. It appears to me the entire agency is unprofessional when it comes to customer service as well as the actual moving services they provide. The customer service agents routinely cut me off when speaking. My concerns were not important to United Van Lines. I felt rather bullied by their customer service department.
    I would never recommend United Van Lines. Do your research! One of the customer service agents actually stated “ we have enough people already not liking us”