Menu

United Vacations review: cancellation of vacation during covid-19

S
Author of the complaint
12:11 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I booked my vacation in December 2019 to Jamaica through United Vacations for 5/1/2020. Due to the COVID-19, the hotel in Jamaica is closed. I called to cancel my trip and they want to charge me a $600.00 cancellation fee or $300.00 if I take a credit for a future vacation within one year. I told them that I would be willing to take the $300.00 loss if I can be guaranteed the same package that I booked and they said no, they could not do this. I am waiting to see at the last minute if they are going to have the hotel open and the flights going there. If they aren't, they should refund me all because I am not cancelling. Not sure how they are going to handle this, but if I do not get a full refund, I will see them in court. Can anybody else make any suggestions on how I should handle this situation?

More United Vacations complaints & reviews

1 comments
L
Apr 20, 2020 8:33 pm EDT

Has anyone tried to call United Vacations.. I would be on hold at times 30 to 45 minutes and the announcement is made announcing how much time I have left and the time is going up. I'm not understanding how I can be sitting on hold and I'm moving down in in the wait time now I'm up to 57 minutes and I started out at 36 minutes and I've been on hold waiting 27 minutes. LRose- NC-[protected]