United States Postal Servicedesparity in discipline

C

Okay the post office it self is an amazing place to work. The benefits and raises are off the hook. But i am writing to talk about a particular facility. MT.HOOD DDC in portland oregon. Where to begin I took the job cause supervisors and other employees told me it was a family friendly place. Yeah right I am a single parent. I thoroughly expressed my situation to management that I need notice when my schedule would change or when overtime was to needed. Now I am or was a PTF. So I know they get treated like crap basically. That's why I voiced my concerns and situation to management before hand. Crazy thing they agreed with everything like "notice no problem". I went through 5 babysitters, cause they would change my schedule and not even tell me, they would call overtime as I was clocking out. Now that was my career or was supposed to be. So I would stay and do what had to be done. I would come in like everyday and remind them I know I am no more special then anyone else but please work with me. I am trying. Immediate supervisors wouldn't listen upper management didn't care. I put up with it that was my career.
The move they made that made me stop biting my tongue and holding back was this. In May I asked one of my supervisors for a day off in August. Yes she said and. Then in June I asked another supervisor for the same day off just to make sure. He said oh yeah you got it. So August comes and the schedule for that week comes out. I see that I am scheduled to work on the day off the I asked for months in advance and another coworker of mine did get it off and she asked for that same day in July. I was heated so I toke the day off. Now I am in the process of being removed. I know I was wrong. So I talk to my union president. He tells me people have done this before and the situation is blown way out off proportion. So I should have no problem getting my job back. He didn't put up much fight for me. I pay my dues just like eveyone else. I admitted my wrong doing and even apologized. But, I got nothing. NOTHING. And really I am lost now me and my daughter. I was only there for a year. I was a casual for one and a half years prior in a different facility. I am not a bad, spiteful person. Well until now. I am tired off them walking on me and I refuse to let my future go just like that. I see I am in this alone not even help from my union. MT.HOOD DDC IN PORTLAND OREGON IS A HORRIBLE PLACE, MAN IT CAN BREAK A PERSON. oh yeah and the union SUCKS.