United Auto Credit Corp.Scam and harassment

I purchased a mini van while trying to reestablish my credit. We were so excited to get approved for the purchase.(At a whopping 24.9% interest rate) I received the call from UACC regarding the purchase and he told me that there was no grace period. I agreed and the relationship began. The first month that my payment was due I received a call about 6 days prior to the due date reminding me that the payment was due. OK well just a procedure no problem. After all they lend to people trying to rebuild credit. I can understand that.

after a few months went by I was still receiving calls days before the payment was due. After making 16 payments to this company and not being late with one of them I had one month where the money fell a little short. No big deal I will pay the ten dollar late fee and we will continue from there. NOPE! The day that my payment was due, I get a phone call from UACC that I had missed but as soon I listened to the voice mail I returned the call. After all what could happen I was not even late yet.

I explained and apologized to the lady that my payment was going to be a few days and when I say a few days I mean 3, late. She began grilling me with personal questions such as, why don't you have the money, what did you spend your money on. Questions that I didn't feel were any of her business, so that is what I told her. She got very defensive and wanted to know why I didn't feel it was her business and told me that she would enter that as my response into the computer and that they would not accept a late payment. WHAT???

I have been sending this company a check for about a year and a half and this is the thanks that I get for being a faithful borrower. She then hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak to someone in charge. A man gets on the phone and I explain the situation to him. He is about as helpful and courteous as the lady was. I explained to him that I would put a check in the mail and that It would be to him by Friday. He would not accept that. He basically forced me to agree to call them on Friday and do a check over the phone for a fee of $15. So on top of paying the ten dollar late fee I have to pay them 15 more dollars for three stinking days. I at that point hated this company.

I do not recommend this company to any person looking to buy their first vehicle or any vehicle. This company is heartless, ruthless and overly aggressive. They lack compassion and business ethics when it comes to dealing with their borrowers.

• cybervang Jun 20, 2009

I've fought an uphill battle with my car at the auto shop since it's such a lemon. I can't fix this Chrystler and Car Hop refused to help me from day one. So knowing book value is 2, 000 and I owe 9, 000 I am going to have no choice but to file bankruptcy. Let them tow that piece of ### back to where you bought it from. That's what I'm gonna do. Now who's laughing.

At least you only got UAC to deal with. I was ripped off by a lawyer, doctor and ex right at the same time. Funny thing was in the end UAC was the worse of them all. LMFAO.

• Pr
    promblem's in the sipp May 04, 2009

My complaint with this company is that I pay my payments on time and every time I a few days late (not a Month) I get this crazy phone calls that there's no grace period.A few months ago I had and accident and discovered this was a Katrina Lemon and ask UAC if they where aware that this vehicle had been submerged in water.There reply was there was nothing they could do.Never mind that I HAVE PAID MORE THAN MY PRINCIPLE ON THIS LEMON. I take some responsibility for this but I HAVE MORE THAN PAID for this boo boo . The said part is I have call every place under the sun and got no response. I've even called my state AG (MISSISSIPPI)office; guess if not big your not big tobacco or insurance giant go away