ADVERTISIMENT

UDR Inc.talisker of addison apartments, addison, tx

R

I lived at Talisker of Addison, a UDR apartment, for two years from [protected] while saving to purchase my first home. When I asked to leave three months early out of my 2nd year lease because my house closed quickly, they said I had to pay all three months remaining or three months rent to break the lease. Does that make sense? No! Secondly, they have rats! Huge hamster sized rats! I had to put in multiple work orders to have the office come set traps. Third, there is asbestos in the walls. They make you sign a form when you move in and act like it is no big deal. Yet, you are supposed to contact them asap if you accidentally puncture the walls. Fourth, the plumbing is old and water comes out with lots of debris that creates black and red mold in the rusty iron tubs that they just spray white with paint before you move in. Tiles literally will start falling off the wall as well as towel racks. Fifth, the company UDR owns all of the connected apartments along with the new and fancy high risers across the street. They make you sign a contract that they only have to give you a months notice to tear down the apartment that you just signed a lease with! Yet you have to pay three months rent to break your lease! This is criminal. A few years ago, they actually vacated Talisker because they thought they were ready to knock it down. They displaced dozens of families only to decide they were not ready to demolish. So they filled it back up with more desperate and naive people like myself. They are using all these old apartments to finance the nicer high rise apartments, The Savoy and The Fiori, across the street. Lastly, I paid all three months while not even living there because I am an honest person. I cleaned the apartment multiple times and put in work orders for minor wear and tear. I even had the carpets cleaned, only to get final bill from them for over $200! They wanted to charge me for lightbulbs, carpet cleaning, and a dirty oven. I never even used my oven, and I had the carpets cleaned. This is all after they kept my deposit and pet deposit. The apartment literally looks better than when we moved in. I have only written positive reviews of businesses in the past, but I am tired of working hard and doing the right thing when big businesses with no heart rob customers blind. Avoid this place like the plague unless you like pet rats, mold, and to throw money away. Also, there are tenants who live 5-10 people in one unit, some that have auto-repair shops operating in the parking lot, and there are drunk people that throw beer bottles at your dogs at night and have sex in their cars. (I have a police report to prove it.) On a positive note, all of the staff is really nice except for the brainwashed manager who I'm sure makes more by following cooperate scams or what they call laws and policies. The UDR corporate billing office is also a problem. You must call them to make your final payment which are outrageous charges. They will not listen to you at all. I spoke with both an Amena and a Tina. Their office is in Colorado not Texas, yet they both thought they knew more about my apartment than I did. They both spoke disrespectfully to me and did not care to hear anything different from the paperwork that my apartment submitted. Tina actually insulted me, raised her voice, called me names, and then hung up on me. Amena had a kinder tone at first but then began acting almost as unprofessional and uncaring as Tina. P.S. - The pictures on the website are a lie. They must have been taken 20-30 years ago or after one of their fresh paint jobs. That is how they fix everything.

Comment Guidelines