[Resolved] UAE Exchange Centreonline money transfer transaction

H Dec 11, 2019

I had carried out an online money transfer to India into my wife's account on the 2nd of December 2019 and i got a text message from UAE exchange on 6th of December 2019 that the money has been credited to my beneficiary account.

Once we reached India and checked my wife's account on 9th of December it was found that no money was credited into her account. Upon checking with UAE exchange they said they will check with The bank and provide the confirmation after 24 hours.

We checked again with our Bank branch manager on 10th of December and he asked for the receipt from UAE exchange for the transaction and found that the account number has gone wrong and the wrong account number does not exist. So when I called UAE exchange and told them that the account number is wrong said as per the bank the money is credited and will register a complaint and get back in 24hours. I had also sent an email on this issue on 10th of December and got a response from UAE exchange that they will verify the status with the bank and respond back and no time frame was provided, however i got a text message stating that "hope your query is resolved kindly share your feedback".

I again sent a reminder email on 11th of December and have no response from UAE exchange.

I accept that there is a mistake due to my typo error, however how come UAE exchange provides An update that money is credited into the account without verifying the account holders name which was also provided at the time of initiating the transaction, moreover the wrong account does not exist.

Now i have no update of where my money has gone and whom to contact for my money as UAE exchange is not providing any information or even any document to state that the money is actually credited.

• UAE Exchange Centre's response · Feb 18, 2020

Dear Harry, we deeply regret inconvenience caused to you. Please let us know, your issue has been resolved or still exist. So we can help you from our end. Once again our apologize for the inconvenience.

• Resolution Statement