Tractor SupplyPoor service

I Had bought a chain saw 08-08-08.

Today I brought it in to exchange it due to the starter rope cord not recoiling in. The Manager Joyce Moore was rude to me, saying well its over 30 days and you have to call the company... she would not work with me in any way as I felt I being the customer and has their sign says up above their door "Satisfaction guaranteed" Well I sure wasnt satisfied when I left their store! I had to go all the way to Spring Hill mower on Deltona costing me $30 I didnt have even though its under warrantee to have them evaluate it. I didnt buy a new chain saw to go through this hasstle! I will fill out complaint boards online about this and tell people I know the poor customer relations Tractor supply has. I will never buy anything again there.

joshua Oct 19, 2008

My Poulan came from the factory with the chain on backwards - it's my first chainsaw and I figured - wrong - that it would be safe to use straight out of the box. Smoke, dust, frustration followed.

Just glad the new chain and bar I bought were installed by myself.

Bad Poulan, Bad.

Mac McMurtry Mar 13, 2009

I'm a manager at Tractor Supply. Every team members' responsibilty is to the customer. Period. It sounds like the manager in question doesn't care if you come back or not. The managers' job is to make sales and profits. It's counterproductive to do so by being rude to customers and not finding solutions to their problems. Turning away customers creates a negative reputation for that store that circulates unsatifactory perceptions ten times fatser than satifactory ones. You have a right to be upset because because that manager didn't think your business mattered.

• Si
    Sig-girl09 Apr 22, 2009

It is not only the goal to make money but to make long lasting customers or even friends, at our tractor supply we know people by first names, we take the time to do whatever we can to make that person happy, I would not give up on a store that you may like just because of one persons bad attitude, because you may miss that one person who will go above and beyond the call.

• Sc
    scrpnvenom737 Jun 01, 2009

I am a team member at a TSC store in Alabama. What good is it to have a 30 days return policy if we dont enforce it? The reduce and sell policies of alot of our venders makes us not want to take the product back after the 30 days. We have had to sell quite a few products for pennies on the dollar because we have to allow people to bring products back after months and sometimes years.

I have seen alot of complaints about huskies, and saying they will never again buy a mower from TSC. What they dont realize is MTD makes products for every store I know of that sales multiple brands of mowers. Cub Cadet, Troy Build, Yardman, White Outdoor, Bolens. MTD makes the products, not us.

• Pa
    paul lang Jan 05, 2011

I purchased a poulan p3416 on june 26, 2010.I had a hard time starting it, eventually I got it to run.I then went to cut some wood.The saw kept stalling, and it was really hard to start.I proceded to the nearest poulan repair center, picked the saw up a couple of days later.Same again, 2 trips later no change.Ithen contacted poulan who said bring the saw back to the service center.Not a friendly welcome, appearently the problem is with me not the saw.So much for warranty.

• Ju
    judyo57 Mar 28, 2011

Tractor supply is one of the worst customer unfriendly stores I think In America they are always quite rude, and if u go there on a regular basis, I have lots of animals they are alway out of stock on the things you buy daily. I am trying to change all my feed to another brand so I never ever have to walk in their stores anymore.

• Ro
    ROB SHAPIRO Jun 21, 2011

OWNER OF POULAN CHAIN SAWS FOR MANY YEARS, AND I HAVE ALWAYS BOUGHT THE BIGGEST SAW THAT THEY MAKE (PRO 330). NEEDED TO BUY A 22" BAR ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY DONT MAKE IT ANYMORE. ANY BAR LESS THEN 22" IS NOT WORTH MY TIME. THE POULAN COMPANY IS FORCING ME TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE OTHER SAW COMPANIES, AND FORCING ME TO NEVER BUY A POULAN PRODUCT AGAIN (THEY NEED TO FIRE THE MARKETING DEPT. FOR NOT THINKING ABOUT THE CUSTOMER ON SUPPLY AND DEMAND)

POULAN... YOU NEED TO THINK!

• He
    Henry Krinkle 2 Jun 21, 2011

The pulley that the starter rope winds around is plastic.The rope jumps off and eventually wears a groove to where it will keep coming off the pulley.You have to keep taking it apart and putting it back together again. They aren't designed very well. Cheapie saw.Echo makes a decent saw.I used my 3450 until it fell to pieces. I could still mount the engine on a bicycle.Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Ro
    rose26 Mar 22, 2012

I was in the mauldin, SC store in the store manager Zack the most rude person i ever seen i have no idea how this people still employed. Because if i have a, store manager talk to my customer like that they were be fired!

John triple J Feb 03, 2013

Tractor supply in Atlanta, Tx is like all the rest, poor customer service, rude sales people... They had a good idea, but cannot fix the on going problems. I have seen managers come and go. The Atlanta Texas store should just close it's doors. You can't fix stupid, and Tractor Supply just doesn't get it...

• Ta
    Take no bs Apr 11, 2013

Tractor supply in Lancaster Ohio. Was going to purchase $500 worth of fencing. Asked about procedure for getting into locked enclosure. Man got snotty and simply said he wasn't going to drag it through the store and walked away. $500 is going to Urban King instead. No more taking crap from uncooth sales people.

• To
    tom webster Jan 25, 2016

I bought a exide battery at the wilton maine in july of 2015 was ok till cold weather came, wont start car, with out power pack in moring, when I bought it, was told it had a 18 month free replacement, took it back, to tractor supply in wilton, maine, the young guy, would not help me, was very rude, and laughed about it, , 85.00 dollars for a battery that lasted only 6 months, , and I think of all the stuff I bought at tractor supply, , never go their again, , Thomas webster

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices