Menu
Toyota Universe Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Toyota Universe
reviews and complaints

www.toyotauniverse.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 29 Reviews

How responsive is Toyota Universe's customer service?

15 Resolved
0 Unresolved
Wow! Absolutely amazing! 🤩
Toyota Universe got a perfect 100 out of 100 rating, so you can count on their great service for sure. They've effectively resolved all customer complaints on ComplaintsBoard.com and keep in touch with customers, making sure everything goes well. We're impressed by their dedication to customer satisfaction and have nothing else to say 👏
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Toyota Universe has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Toyota Universe reviews and complaints 29

Filter reviews by rating
9 reviews
5 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Toyota Universe reviews and complaints

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe This place is a bate and switch scam place

This place is a bate and switch scam place. Came in on two car and both were unavalible. So they sold us a lemon. We have't even received our contract after we took the car home!

R. VonRueden
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If I could give a negative star I would. I will never ever recommend my enemy to go there. Since 2007, my wife bought and serviced her highlander until we realized they were are cheating us on service recommendations. March 30th, My 62 years old aunt alone came here for a car. The rude crooked manager and their crooked staffs sold and finance a Toyota Corolla Cross total cost of 52K to my aunt. Toyota Corolla Cross MSRP is 28K. This place is board-line unethical and criminal. The manager kept saying she signed didnt she. They cheated her know she wasnt knowledgeable about car purchase.

M. White
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i was going to dealership to dealership looking for a new car on these days of low inventory , toyota universe has the most cars and *** was excellent at his job, go see him if you need a car and don't want to deal with scammers their service department is huge and lots of amenities, my salesman was *** and will buy again if he still there next time

R. Labadie
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Would recommend to my friends and family.Went there and drove home in a new car with help of *** D

V
V
V. Bernier
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ive been doing business with them for awhile and will keep doing it.*** is o grey help there, go see j]him if you need a car

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe I recently leased a Toyota Rav4 from Toyota Universe and have found them to be very professional in every aspect of the sale and the follow up

I recently leased a Toyota Rav4 from Toyota Universe and have found them to be very professional in every aspect of the sale and the follow up in the few weeks that have followed.

A. Tromp

Bought a rav 4 this weekend and I cant thank them enough

C. Friesen
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Sameer Was the best salesman we ever had to deal with, showed us couple of cars, we went test drive with the one we liked, then we made the deal, was nice organized and honest with us.

J. Conn
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Charged excessive fees for four hours labor for a job requiring hardly half hour of labor.

D. Braun
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a great experience working with this store, my sales person Zynijia helped me a lot. They offered me the best deal I could find in the market. They really work with you.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe Sameer Was the best salesman we ever had to deal with, showed us couple of cars, we went test drive with the one we liked, then we made the deal

E. Botsford

C. Leuschke
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lease my 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime. I dealt with *** you is very professional and knowledgeable. Very happy with my deal. Ask for him if you need a car

K
K
K. Schaden
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

LIARS and CHEATS. Told me to drive in across state lines with an appointment made to test drive the car only to tell me half an hour later that they "sold the car". They sold me the same line the first, second and third time that I attempted to do business with them. Scammy business. Statistically, it is not possible that you have a car sold that quickly on a "slow day". I would steer clear from them as they are not a reliable business partner. Full disclosure, I offered to pay a deposit before driving in and they did not want to do it, which shows you that they never had a car available in the first place.

R. Grady
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Great dealership to do business with excellent customer service will totally recommend.

Is Toyota Universe legit?

Our verdict: Toyota Universe has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Toyota Universe's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Toyota Universe can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Toyota Universe earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Toyota Universe achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Toyota Universe resolved 100% of 15 negative reviews, its exceptional achievement and a clear indication of the company's unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction. It would suggest that the company has invested heavily in customer service resources, training, and infrastructure, as well as developed an effective complaint resolution process that prioritizes customer concerns.

Toyota Universe has received 9 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

The age of Toyota Universe's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Toyotauniverse.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Toyotauniverse.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Toyota Universe.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Toyotauniverse.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The toyotauniverse.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Toyota Universe protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
N
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe I just bought my second CHR from Toyota Universe and could not be happier

I just bought my second CHR from Toyota Universe and could not be happier. It was the easiest most smooth buying experience I could have asked for. I highly recommend this place and our salesman

D. Macejkovic

L. McKenzie
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is my first time getting a car and it was perfect. Excellent customer service and great attentions provided by ***, really recommend going to him

M. Grant
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The whole staff was really friendly and they helped me get the car I liked

S. Ankunding
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I bought a car at this dealership, I had very good experience. My salesman Ad helped me to pick a right car that fits in my budget

Toyota Universe Best Dealer to go Car shopping

Best Dealer to go Car shopping. Staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. Makes you feel like family and makes the entire process completely smooth . A recommended place from my family and I. Make sure to ask for Pahola!

Toyota Universe my name is ***

my name is *** . i was not please the fisrt time i came toyota universe . but *** help me toyota uniiverse is the best place to buy a car great customer service 5 stars for you guys

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe I went in to look at a used car I saw online 2 days earlier and it was being delivered when I arrived (my fault I never called to check)

I went in to look at a used car I saw online 2 days earlier and it was being delivered when I arrived (my fault I never called to check). They tried really hard to find me another car that would work and were very patient with me even though I chose not to purchase a car from them. *** was very nice and helpful.

B
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe These guys are top notch!

These guys are top notch! Check them out at Toyota Universe next time you're in the market for a new or pre-owned vehicle. ORLANDO *** & ALAN *** are the DREAM TEAM at this dealership. They treated us like we were family and in turn we walked away with a beautiful vehicle. Very organized and excellent COVID-19 protocols in place to keep every client safe.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe i was going to dealership to dealership looking for a new car on these days of low inventory , toyota universe has the most cars and ***

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe I was looking for a pre ownerd vehicle on the lot

I was looking for a pre ownerd vehicle on the lot. I was looking for a car with low mileage and had my type of interest in vehicles. I was placed in the perfect car. It looked brand new being a used car and my customer service rep handled me very well. He was very knowledgeable about the vehicles there, kind and knew just what I wanted based on my interests. I walked out happily and appreciate the great customer service.

Toyota Universe If I could give a negative star I would

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe False advertising!

False advertising! Received email of low $ offer specials probably due to Corona virus to help people out. Advertised Corolla lease $85 per month. $0 down, $0 security, 0% APR. Salesman very nice, but then sales mgr came. Scrolled down my email to the bottom fine print: $8K down! Mgr stated EVEN HE WOULDNT BE A CUSTOMER TO THAT OFFER! But that's the arrangement! Explained that Toyota would be taking that $8K up front so they wouldn't take a 3 year loss of "reality" lease payments, which calculates an example of around $285 per month! I hysterically started laughing! All workers stared at me in shocked seriousness. I walked out & thanked them for the best laugh I needed that day!

F
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe I wanted to get my dad a car as a gift for his retirement, so I was checking out 2012 camrys as they are very reliable cars

I wanted to get my dad a car as a gift for his retirement, so I was checking out 2012 camrys as they are very reliable cars. On April 20, I emailed Toyota Universe about a 2012 camry listed for $9,999 to see if it was still available. I then received a text from Kate B. She was very aggressive, even offering delivery on the same day. How can I purchase a used vehicle without even seeing it? I finally got a day off and set an appointment on April 24 at 3 pm to check the car. My dad and I went to the dealership and met Carol F. She immediately started filling paper works and asking personal information before even showing us the car. I had to make a clarification that I wanted to check the car first and I won't be buying yet because there are other cars I still plan of checking out. She said that a test drive is not possible at the time due to precautions for the corona virus pandemic. I was well aware of the situation, as I am a registered nurse working 8.5-10 hours, 6 days a week for the last 1 and a half months. I told her that I wanted to at least see the car. So she took us outside and made us walk around the whole parking lot. This was in the middle of a drizzle. While walking she was offering me to check out other cars but i told her i just wanted to see what i came for. After a good 10-15 minute walk around the lot, it turns out the car wasn't even there. How can the car not be ready when I have set up the appointment? Bait and switch? It was just disrespectful and a complete waste of time.

F
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota Universe On March second i went to Toyota Universe in Totowa, NJ to finance a car, my best option was the Toyota Corolla SE 2017 that i liked with 19,500

On March second i went to Toyota Universe in Totowa, NJ to finance a car, my best option was the Toyota Corolla SE 2017 that i liked with 19,500 miles on it for the asking price of 17,999 $, so we agreed on 3,000$ down payment and 350$ a month sounded reasonable for me so after making sure few times that these are the prices i will pay and after the 7 hour waiting to make it happen i just wanted to sign the contract and leave so i did only to receive my statement a month after (after the Covid-19 outbreak happened and everything on lock down) that my balance is 19,999.43$ and a payment due on April 23rd for 430.89$ so i called them no body answers i submit a ticket no reply i left my phone number for a call back (they said after 24 hour) i never received it so i went to the location to see what's going on they were closed! So i called Toyota Financial Services and they answered finally and i explained my situation and they said you paid the down payment to the Toyota universe not Toyota Financial Services and told them about why this pricing it's not our deal the lady said i got the contract in front of me saying you agreed to 430$ monthly payment even tho the guy when i signed the contract said it's max gonna be 355... and said my only option is to surrender the car to Toyota Financial Services and go to Toyota universe and claim my down payment... this is obscured... with my down payment i should be paying 14,999 $ not 19,999 and 350 $ a month not 430.89... I'm returning the car as soon as the lock down is lifted and never dealing with those thieves again.

Toyota Universe has left an official reply on this complaint.

Toyota Universe i came to you dealership today

i came to you dealership today .. it was the most organized operation .. not to mention that their advertised price is not the price you pay .. you have to be qualified to get that price .. unfair practice .. then i go to leave and you give me an additional $1000 off .. that should have been the 1st offer .. and maybe i wouldn't have walked out .. but for 5 hours i got the run around .. i had a advertised price for $15000 then when the deal was made it was $17000 then i was told i wasn't qualified for the advertised price because i was a college grad or a memeber of the military .. but i was never asked those question .. and the sales lady seem she didn't know what she was doing .. left multiple couldn't find the car i was interested in .. and this went on for hours wasting my time .. and i told them to tell me the price i was going to pay .. on the new car yes they did that but not the used one.

Toyota Universe has left an official reply on this complaint.

Toyota Universe We recently purchased a certified preowned car from Toyota Universe

We recently purchased a certified preowned car from Toyota Universe. During the process of looking at cars with them, we were unable to test drive cars alone. In COVID 19 times, that means wearing masks and having the windows open while the sales person was in the car (and thus not using the fan/climate control). They sold us a car that when we turned on the fan later, there was a terrible smoke smell. When we brought the car back, the only option they gave us was to swap it for a car with ~25K MORE miles than the one we purchased. They actively inhibited us from checking out the original car without them around (thus always having to wear masks) before we purchased it -- and misrepresented the car. We thought they were just hands on sales people, but it turns out they were being dishonest. We now own a car with 25K more miles than the one we paid for (with no change in price) due to their unethical practices taking advantage of COVID restrictions.

Read full review of Toyota Universe and 1 comment

1 comment
M. Heathcote
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I leased a car from this Dealership with certain modifications as an agreement. It is going on a month and I have yet to receive my items as stated on the contract with my 1st payment coming up. The manager Tom tells me they may be on backorder yet I have contacted 2 different Toyota dealerships stating they could get the (TRD Wheels) within 1-2 business days. I have messages between myself and both the sales rep and manager where I have not been given any information nor confirmation of any order placed. The contract stated the wheels with the car and Toyota has not delivered their end almost 5 weeks later.

Toyota Universe has left an official reply on this complaint.

Toyota Universe Toyota Universe is engaging in bait and switch advertising practices

Toyota Universe is engaging in bait and switch advertising practices. They are advertising a car as having 13,000 miles online everywhere online, including on their website. The car actually has 18,000 miles on it. It states so on the carfax report and the car's odometer. I went into the care sales place looking to purchase this car due to the low milage. When test driving and looking at the carfax report, I saw the true mileage. When I confronted the sales person and manager about this they got very defensive and asked me if I had proof. When I showed them, then they said it was just human error and there were unaware of the true mileage. However, I also noticed the real mileage of about 18,000 was listed in bold on the car window, so they were aware of it. I asked if the price could be lowered because I came thinking the car only has 13,000 miles, and mileage greatly affects the car value. The said no, the price is the price. This is illegal bait and switch false advertising.

Read full review of Toyota Universe and 1 comment

1 comment
Z
Z
Z. Crist
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On October 17th I bought a Used Toyota Highlander, 2016 model, from this Dealership name Toyota Universe after we agreed on the pricing I was never told upfront that Purchasing the Car comes with only One Car Key, not including a Second car key in which I will not have agreed to signed paper works and also I was giving a Car without a Floor Mats with the purchase of the car with a sold default rotors metal pad which as rusted inside. I have made complain that am not happy and satisfy that purchasing the car I was not told that he Car comes with only One Car Key, not including a Second car key with Floor Mats inside the car.

O
Toyota Universe has left an official reply on this complaint.

Toyota Universe I went to Toyota universe to buy my End of Lease Toyota Corolla 2018

I went to Toyota universe to buy my End of Lease Toyota Corolla 2018. the total payout for the Vehicle was 10,564.00 That price was inflated to 13992 with Multiples Fees, some of them for example AntiTheft Protection i was told by 2 employers that it had to be part of the sale, i discovered today after reading 20+ pages of small letters that they were not mandatory to complete the sale. Besides that, section 4 of the contract added 3495.90 additional fees. for a grand total of 16324.45! When i was working with financing the employee offer me to add an extended warranty since it will only add 10 to 15 dollars more to payments however that was not the case, i was charged 2700 for that warranty which adds about 37 dollars to my payments and that's without including the interest! Today in the morning I was asked via email about my buying experience and I asked about canceling the Extended Warranty but did not received a reply, i also made the same question via the web chatbot and was told my request was sent to the parts department without reply.

Toyota Universe has left an official reply on this complaint.

Toyota Universe february 4 they called me saying i needed to schedule my toyota for service

february 4 they called me saying i needed to schedule my toyota for service. I told them it does not need service and please do not call me about service. the woman kept insisting i schedule service and i told her again it does not need to be serviced and as owner i know if it needs oil change , she then tried to get me to buy and extended warrenty and and i told her "your a *** idiot" and she hung up. i then called dealer and asked for a supervisor and told them i felt it was inappropriate to call me and insist i get a service appt and then try to sell me extended warrenty. i told him my phone number and to remove me from any future phone calls. he said he would remove me from calls. On feb 17. 2021 again i get called telling me to schedule service, i told her i do not and i never want to be called again. called service dept and told them that they were previously told to stop calling me, and that i never want to be called by them. That at this point it is hurassment and that i am filing compaints with do not call, Complaintsboard.com and further contact i will take personally and see them in court for hurassment. That i want a letter from them stating they would not call me again and a formal apology for breaking the law.

Toyota Universe I bought a toyota 2014 *** 3 days ago

I bought a toyota 2014 *** 3 days ago. The car previously had an accident on both sides and on the side. I went to toyota universe because there is a recall. There was no sound in my car. As soon as I got my car from the service, I started to hear my car. I went to my job and immediately sent a message to the service worker within half an hour. When I got back in the evening, I saw that the mirror of the passenger side was broken. The man named Robert (balding man) spoke with me unkindly. I told him that my mirror was broken after service. but robert previously claimed that he was broken. "you can go, good day," he said roughly as we continue talking. I said I wanted to talk to the manager. After waiting for a while, the manager came. he examined the mirror and claimed that he had been broken before. I said that after I got my car from the service, I started to hear a sound. and I said earlier that my mirror is not broken. this time he gave me an example. If the car was in the supermarket, the supermarket would not be the fault, the manager told me. I do not know what to do. they extorted my right. I swear it wasn't broken before. please don't go to toyota universe service. recall incomplete or nondeployment of airbags and seat. they fix passanger side airbag.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Toyota Universe customer service

Phone number

+1 (973) 785-4710

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Toyota Universe?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Toyota Universe Customer Service. Initial Toyota Universe complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Toyota Universe above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Toyota Universe. Discuss the issues you have had with Toyota Universe and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.