Complaints & Reviews

Total Merchant Services — spam email

How I know these are scams immediately. I look at the email address and it's always from a gmail account. I...

Total Merchant ServicesScammed from groovy email that, I got now being charged since nov 2015 on bank statement monthly $52. 95

I have all of the information involving my "cancellation" and they still take out monthly from my account. My bank is now going after them. They are total scammers...Free Credit Card Readers & Terminals, yeah right!!! Wrong!!!

Total Merchant ServicesCredit Card Processing

I've received several calls from this company, each time requesting to speak to the manager/owner (apparently to solicit their service)...I advised them each time that the owner was not available, period.

Each time..they proceeded to hang up without even an acknowledgement or even thanked me for simply answering their question. The telemarketers/sales force they have, aren't being taught basic people skills. I will gladly pass on the message to the owner along with I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Based on the other negative reviews...I can tell they are tailored into using tactics that are geared towards discouraging their own customers.

Total Merchant ServicesRip off

I have been a customer of total merchant services for over two years with little but the usual complaints.This month, however I discovered the true colors of total merchant services.My terminal failed so I called them for a new one.I was told that I did not have insurance on the non-owned by me unit.I said to Lyn that if that was the case and the replacement was not free then please cancel my account.He told me to hold on...then came back and said that his manager and him "found a loophole" and that the terminal would be free.Today I got the bill for that and it seems that free means $99.00.

Total Merchant Servicescredit card processing service

I requested that this company close my account, they continued to bill for 4 months for services which they did not provide. They did not send the bills to me, but sent them directly to a collection agency, NCO Group Fin Systems who immediately reported them to Experian who created not one but three separate accounts. I did not own the business, Salon Divas, during the time period in which these charges were incurred. All required notices were given to this company and to all other creditors. This was a premeditated, malicious act by someone at Total Merchant Services designed to damage my credit.

• Bu
            Business Credit Service May 26, 2010

we are sales agents for Total Merchant Services and all I can say is they do not pay as they advertise... the get out of paying clause is in the agent contract but they advertise no minimums and then cut you off at 250.00 monthly and then will not talk to you ... if your an iso think and then go elsewhere

• Ad
            adam13 Jan 13, 2011

i have these people too, they did the same thing.

• Tr
            Trotdzai Oct 20, 2012

It is not a matter of the contract we all signed with first data but it's how we were tricked by the con artist rep who came to our business to pitch first data services, with my situation, I figured out where he slipped and I'm sure we all can figure out on each of ours circumstance, lets talk.

• Bu
            Bunny SD Computer Solutions Feb 18, 2015

I opened a new business and looked into accepting credit cards. Total Merchant Services seemed to of read my mind they had signed up that very day. Then they tell me my credit score is not high enough for me to use them. So I went with my bank instead. But, they continued to bill me for four months. I had to keep on calling and complaining but the charges just kept coming. Once I finally got them off my back they approach me pretending to be a different company. This time when I found out who they were I stop and never signed up but guess what I am still being billed.

Total Merchant ServicesContinue to withdraw $ from my checking account after account with TMS was closed in April

I had an account with Total Merchant Services up until April 2008 when I cancelled my account. I was let out of my contract early because I was unable to keep my business going due to health problems. I was cancelled with no fees per one of the managers at TMS since I only used their terminal 2 times and they had been charging me $50.75 every month for usage. I sent back the terminal to the address it came from and never heard anything else from them.

In September of 08, while I was on vacation, TMS withdrew $150+ from my checking account. I had my bank do an investigation into this situation. They put a hold against anything that would come through for TMS again and credited my account for the $150+ that was withdrawn. I had been in contact with TMS at this time as well and they seemed to not want to help me with this situation, so I left it up to my bank.

Just yesterday, 10-13-08, TMS once again dipped into my checking account without permission and took $750! What do I do now? I have no money, my account is overdrawn and I have checks that have not been cleared from bills I have paid over the weekend!

I am going to my banking institution today to try and take care of this & transfer to a new checking account. Do I need to get a lawyer?? I need HELP!

• De
              Desiranna Jul 11, 2010

Total Merchant Services give "free to use" equipment to merchants, and the merchant signs an agreement to return the equipment when they cancel their account.

If the equipment was not returned to TMS, then the $750.00 charge was probably a charge for the un-returned equipment.

If you did return the equipment, then you need to contact TMS and straighten this out. If you give them a chance I think you will find that they are very helpful.

nonononononono Jun 28, 2016