Toshibalaptop computer

S

I bought a Toshiba Laptop "A100-ta9" with a 3 year replacement warranty that i was told. After a little while it quit working so i took it back to the store and they gave me the runaround, telling me i had to phone their head office when i talked to the head office they told me i had not bought the right warranty. this is a runaround by Staples head office and the store in PrinceAlbert, Sask. I am telling everyone to be very careful buying anything at Staples anywhere. Store #[protected].

• Le
    Leah Ann Gastr Jun 03, 2016

Do not buy a Satelite Laptop...Model # M645-S4045 Their warranty is horrible! I bought this Oct 24, and had problems from the get go. Called Toshiba, sent it to repair, got it back and now they are making me send it in again...haven't even been able to use it. Keep shutting off, screen keep going on and off, now they are making me send it in again!!! I have had it in my hands less than 30 days, very upset, will never ever buy another Toshiba product of any kind!!!

• Sc
    sculley Dec 23, 2014

Purchased Toshiba Laptop 9 months ago, it will not even turn on. Contacted Toshiba Support and they said even with a 1 year warranty on the product it will still cost over 100 dollars to look at it. No other information was asked my them. They assumed it was a software problem, not sure how they even came to that conclusion without asking any questions about what was wrong with the laptop.

• Bi
    Bigbe Aug 02, 2014

I have a 4 month old Toshiba DVR player/recorder. After visiting 3 web sites and making 5 calls to different phone numbers still can't get help on telling me how to get closed caption when playing a rented DVD. TV has closed caption and when I record can get closed caption but can't get it when playing a DVD that has been rented or bought. For 4 months I have been trying to get help and all I got was continuous referrals to different numbers and web sites with no success. I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER TOSHBIA PRODUCT EVER AGAIN AND WILL MAKE SURE ONE AND ALL KNOW OF THE SERVICE YOU CAN'T GET. There are too many companies that don't deserve to sale products in the U.S. What happened to the good ole days of service???????

• Ni
    Nigel Davies Apr 09, 2013

I purchased a Toshiba laptop from Argos a month before Christmas for a present for my wife.2 half months of my wife using the laptop, the headphone socket cracked and became loose and would not hold in the headphone jack. she had used the headphone socket 6 times maximum before it malfunctioned as it wasn't what she frequently used it for. I took the laptop back with my receipt to Argos and I filled in a form for repairs.1 week later I received a phone call telling me I must pay 2/3Rd's of the cost of the machine to get it fixed. I told them there is no way I was going to pay 2/3Rd's of the cost of the machine for repairs and that I wanted my money back or a new one. They said that it was not covered by the receipt and I'd have to pay.so by placing a headphone jack into the headphone socket it had also cracked the motherboard. They said the only way would be if I took it to a independent PC specialist and get a report off them stating it was a manufacturing problem then I would get it repaired or replaced. I have now received my wife's laptop back with the headphone socket missing!!! ...I have had the worst costumer service I've ever had and will not buy any more products from this company again or advise any one else to.

• Sh
    shaan sinha Jan 07, 2013

I bought a Toshiba internal hard disk of 1TB on 20th of dec 2017 from a authorised dealer. Just because a brand name of Toshiba i have no dough t, but its too shocking that in just 1 week my hard-disk stop working. i went to service center RASHI PERIPHERALS PVT.LTD to replace it, there is a very tiny kind of scratch has got in hard disk at the bottom of sata wire port, which have no link at all with any electronic component. It is just a very small piece of plastic. And they marked you a mail, whey you replied as a serious damage.I have no clue that such a brand company, why they are doing like this.
    If you are making that as a serious damage than you should rather built there plastic cover with steel, so it will never get affected from any consumer.
    There is no concern person here whome i need to approach, however RASHI PERIPHERALS PVT.LTD is also not cooperating with me .. they have no scene how to talk to customers and hanging up my phone.
    I bought that hard disk if Rs.4150/-, which is not at all small junk of money for me...
    I request you to please cooperate with me and replace my hard-disk so that i can trust Toshiba in the future as well..
    If i found no responce from your side, there will be no more options will for me except consumer court.
    PART NO: 42R2K9FKFML7
    PROD CODE: MK1002TSKB
    #[protected]

• Lu
    Luckyme83 Dec 21, 2012

Payat ba itong lalaki, matangkad, mga 5'10? Nag-yoyosi?

Asawa naman medyo mga 5'4 at matapang magsalita pag sa cellphone/txt pero pagkaharap super maamo at mabait?

Nasa Cavite sila ngayon kung ito sila. Iwan ka cellphone number dito text ko sayo address.

• Kr
    kramkram Sep 15, 2011

Paki post locate lang po kung saan nakatira ang mag-asawang Grace Ronquillo at Danvin Evangelista, sila po ang kumuha ng Laptop at digital camera ko, kinuha nila noong paalis na sila sa boarding house, subject to guilty na po sila, ni-removed na din po ang kanilang account sa facebook, Please tulungan niyo po kami, gusto ko sila pabigyan ng notice, kun sino man nakakakita at nakakakilala, ipagbigay alam nalang po sa Barangay Talon tres,
    Ingat po sa kanila, magaling pong manloko ang mga taong yan, attached ko picture ng guy dito, sa padis point daw ito ngwowork, salamat!

Comments

Chiranjit Aug 30, 2011

we have 3 Toshiba LCD TV in our family. they are all nice TV. and i can't see any problem with them. i don't know what's the problem in your TV. but as my opinion Toshiba is making high quality LCD TV. Toshiba is a one of the leading brand in electronic market at all over the world. that's why i am saying Toshiba develop many elecrtronic products. if few pieces are faulty. it's do not mean that all of the Toshiba LCD TV and there other products are bad. finally my Favourable is Toshiba.
    Jeet Singh ( electronic engineer)

• 18
    182746 Jul 28, 2011

DO NOT BUY A TOSHIBA !! They have horrible customer service, and they will not warrenty thier product unless you are willing to wait a MONTH without your computer. Local shop can repair it in 3 days, but TOSHIBA will not help.

• As
    aslu09 Jun 13, 2011

respeted sir
    i have brought a toshiba laptop from kuwait to indai kerala tey told me that you wil get free service from calicut for 8 months.. but now ma hardisk had gone so when i contact with them they told me that no free servuce wil be given... if u need then u should give bak to kuwait. kindly give me a solution as soon as possible

• Ks
    kschaeuble May 24, 2011

I sell Toshiba TV's. The newer models, last 6 months, lock up on a certain local HD channel. It does not matter wether it is over cable or air. They become out of sync voice to picture and you have to manually shut them off to fix the problem. This may happen once a week or several times a day. Now they expect me to pay the cost of running around picking up the sets and the cost of sending them back. I have 30 sets out there with this problem. With fuel, wages, packaging, etc. I am going to have $100 in cost tied up on each set. Does anyone else think this is BS. That is more than the margin I made on several of the sets. Don't do business with TOSHIBA. Do not buy their product !

• Mi
    Mike Rutledge Apr 23, 2011

I purchased a Toshiba sattelite Laptop in feb 2017. Since then I have went through 4 hard drives. I am a novice, therefore, I do not do much other then sending emails. I have fought with toshiba to get help, without charge, because I paid alot of hard earned money for a product that was supposed to be reliable for me to use, and it continually costs me money. I have never been so dissatisfied with anything in my life, as I am with this laptop. It constantly needs some kind of repair, and I am frankly discusted with it.

• Se
    Semen Mar 15, 2011

I wanted to bring a problem to everyone's attention and hope that others will not get duped like me. Specifically, my complaint concerns a very poor product and total disregard for product warranties.

For everyone's reference, the product in question is the Toshiba Satellite model M30 Laptop Computer. Here's my problem:

I own an 11 month old Toshiba Satellite M30 Laptop. The hard drive just burnt out on this, a $2, 500 machine!! That was a very unexpected and disappointing experience to start with. But, an even more horrid experience awaited me.

After logging 38 calls and being lied to for 5 days straight on the availability of a spare part, I finally went to the Toshiba Service Department and I was told, "We have no hard drives in stock and cannot give you an ETA."

Just like that! The translation of such a statement is: "You are on your own, now, sucker!"

I had to take immediate action or even more financial loss leading to loss of livelihood would have ensued. The computer is an indispensable machine in my life, like it or not. The first independent computer repair shop I went to told me: "Sorry, man, but it's just a well known scam. I saw it before. Didn't you hear that Toshiba just paid out $2.1 billion for the very same thing. Their hard drives are absolute garbage. They just want you to buy a new drive. I can get one for you and install it in 1 day, but it will cost you. I deal with Toshiba New Parts. They have them over there, but never through the warranty department."

About $3, 000 later (travel back and forth out of town to college for the configuration disks, all software, loading the software, labour, intranet configuration software, new drive, data recovery under time constraints, term papers coming up, etc.) I have a new hard drive.

At the same time that I was running around, friends found out through Internet searches that Toshiba had listed my very model, as one with a defective drive installed right at the factory, when new. As a result, I came to realize that all the Toshiba "service" personnel I had talked to pretended to help me while perpetrating a scam!

Naturally, Toshiba did not inform me of that "deficiency notice" when I took the machine for IN WARRANTY service.

Now, I have a new Toshiba drive, I am out $3, 000 and I still fully expect it to burn out again. More Internet searches further revealed sites are full of lamentations from duped consumers such as I.

• Ar
    Aramseur Jan 27, 2011

Toshiba is making terrible probucts! 6 months ago I bought my daughter a toshiba laptop for college from bestbuy. It crashed they had to replace the hard drive in Dec. 2017 one week before exams and now the disk drive sounds like a helicopter! At the same time I bought her a flat screen Toshiba TV from HH Gregg for college and now it has no picture. Took it for service 2 weeks ago Jan 10, 2017 and she still has no TV. DON'T EVER BUY TOSHIBA!!!

• Bu
    budp Dec 19, 2010

Well I was looking for a direct email address for Toshiba and found this site. Now I understand why a direct complaint department doesn't exist. Look at all these complaints. My story is similar to everyone else's. I purchased a Toshiba 32AV502U television as a christmas present for my 81 year old parents. The set lasted about 1year and 2 months. The problem was the screen went from color to black and white and sometimes the volume control did not work. I contacted Toshiba "customer service" (an oxymoron) and they pretty much told me to go pound sand. I have never had this type of experience with any company I have to tell you it sucks! What sucks even more is to buy your parents a christmas gift that only lasts 14 months and then watch them go back to their 25 year old sylvania console talk about embarrassed. Thanks Toshiba.

• Bf
    bfit516 Nov 22, 2010

Despite having purchased a 4-year in-home warranty, Toshiba has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Each time I call, I am on hold for 20 minutes, then transferred numerous times, until I finally get to even tell someone that I have the onsite warranty (and most of these phone techs cannot even speak English at an understandable level). Then I get transferred once more to a Level 2 technician. And then it takes about 7 days just to make an onsite appointment because there is only ONE onsite technician for several counties in New York, which equals the size of some states!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! DO NOT buy a Toshiba laptop.

• Id
    IDSANDERS Sep 29, 2010

I purchased the Toshiba L505D-GS600 on 7/18/10. On 8/5/10 I was returning it because the piece where the adaptor plugs in broke. I upgraded to the A665 model and was returning it on 8/8/10 because the LCD went out. Against my better judgement, I listened to the store clerk who assured me it was a good computer, and exchanged it for another A665 model. Now on 9/29/10 that computer has crashed. I called Toshiba mad as hell requesting my money back and was told they have to deem it unrepairable before my 700.00 will be refunded. I use my laptop for work and am furious. I will never, ever purchas another Toshiba! It is a piece of crap!!! Don't waste your money!

• Kr
    Krimble Aug 20, 2010

I've had this computer about 2.5 months and it has this blue dot on the screen which is because it has a dead pixel in the screen, I have more than twenty computers which are older some as old as 5 years and none of them has a single dead pixel but Toshiba is trying to tell me this is normal for the display to have a few dead pixels, anything which has been designed for a specific function and does not perform that said function is broken or defective, there was no warranty read to me upon purchase that stated anything about if there should happen to be dead pixels and unless they were greater than 10 pixels Toshiba would not warranty the LCD display, all that was said is the computer had a 1 year warranty for parts and labor, Now anyone like me would never buy a product with a crazy policy that if one of the primary components like the screen would not be covered unless there was a major defect of 10-13 pixels. If Toshiba can’t produce computers to the same standards as all the other computer manufacturers can then they should stop making computers. Toshiba should honor their warranty and stop trying to stiff the consumers with their poor manufacturing problems. I’m not the one that decided to have the computer made in China. One dead pixel bothers me and it can be seen, what about 10 or more ….. Even one pixel out is a defect no matter what Toshiba says the pixel has a certain function which is to present a visual presentation on the screen and when that pixel can’t present that specific information there is a color that should not be presented in the information on the screen which is now a blue dot on a black background.

• Je
    Jericho Jul 12, 2010

So back in december I bought a Toshiba Satellite A505-s6980 while in Houston at Best buy, for 600 dollars plus tax, which was a great price I thought. Also included international warranty, which I thought was great since I live and work in Mexico. So I bought the laptop and started using it and realized that the indicator leds at the front of the laptop weren't working correctly, so I went back to Best buy after Christmas and they gave me a new laptop.

A few days later I went back to Mexico and started getting an error saying my hard drive was about to fail, laptop wasn't even 2 weeks old. So I contacted the repair centers near me and they all said it would be the equivalent of 150 dollars to fix the laptop, which I thought was ridiculous since a new hard 500gb Sata hard drive for a laptop, even in Mexico, costs less than 115 dollars.

I started calling the toshiba headquarters in Mexico city, and all I kept getting was rude technical support people who told me that I shouldn't have bought a Toshiba laptop if I didn't like the guarantee or to take advantage of a future trip to the states to get the laptop fixed. Which obviously was absurd because what kind of laptop maker says that? After many calls to them I finally got through to the boss of Customer Care, who said they couldn't do anything because it was their company policy to set a fixed rate of 150 dollars to fix the laptop and I should really take advantage of a trip to get it fixed. I asked him how he can explain that a "warranty" is charging me 150 dollars and that if I go to any computer store I can get the actual part for the equivalent of 115 dollars. He said that the hard drive was "special", which obviously is bs, and that they get all the parts from the US and that shipping costs that amount. Obviously I wasn't born yesterday and I know that 150 dollars to send a hard drive, even internationally is a complete lie.

I put a complaint with PROFECO in Mexico, which supposedly helps customers with abusive product providers. It took them 4 months to do different processes to talk to toshiba and what not, and all that toshiba offered was a 10% discount to get this fixed, which obviously is completely absurd, because why should I have to pay for badly made parts sold to me from Toshiba. One of the people from toshiba also tried saying that the part that was failing, is something they don't warranty because it is not a toshiba part. This is ridiculous considering that, 1) it is a part Toshiba sells, they need to take responsability for what they sell, and 2) the hard drive is Toshiba brand... In the end nothing was resolved with PROFECO, because they don't have any laws in Mexico against constumer warranty abuse on pcs and laptops...

Obviously I will never buy Toshiba again nor will I ever recommend that brand to anyone, as I basically have had to pay 650 Dollars (including Tax), 115 dollars new hard drive, plus countless time arguing with toshiba, 35 dollars of international calls to toshiba USA.

Toshiba is by far the worst laptop provider ever.

• Am
    amr mansour mahrous Jun 09, 2010

Lack of respect for the client and non-compliance of the date of delivery and their inability to convince the client due to delays in receipt of the device and give me the dates for delivery 3 times but she did not abide by the call so that they apologize for not come

• Ki
    kiki2820 May 27, 2010

Good luck!! Toshiba doesn't want to do anything. They do not honor their warranty. They give you the big fat run around.

I think in my case, they are simply waiting for the warranty to be up and then will want to charge me for fixing it! I already paid lots of money for the warranty but yet they refuse to fix my laptop!

• Ki
    kiki2820 May 27, 2010

I've had this computer for 1 1/2 years. During that time, the hard drive has been replaced 4 times, the motherboard was replaced twice, and the fan replaced once.

All I get is the big fat run-around! I've spent at least 30 hours on the phone with them over the past four months now. I've been renting a computer for those 4 months that led up to me buying another one ELSEWHERE!

And Toshiba is still giving me the BIG FAT RUN AROUND!!

I purchased the extended warranty. But you know what? Don't bother! Toshiba clearly does NOT want to fix the problem. They do not want to honor their warranty.

I've already contacted the Better Business Bureau four times and the Federal Trade Commission TWICE. I'm aware neither acts on behalf of an individual... BUT for all those who are having problems with Toshiba: let's bombard them BOTH with complaints! (The Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission). If there are enough complaints, maybe they'll at least get a BIG FAT FINE for it??

• Fr
    Frozuki Mar 01, 2010

Well ultimatly a System Recovery would resolve the issue. the manner in which you backup your files isn't something that they can help with (only you know what you want to backup and where or how). if the systems been wiped and your backup hasn't worked it's not really their fault.

• Da
    Dale I. Adams Feb 28, 2010

I know one thing I will never buy anything with the name TOSHIBA on it again. I would advise anyone Buy anything else but TOSHIBA.

• Da
    Dale I. Adams Feb 28, 2010

I bought a brand new Toshiba Lap-Top Computer at Best Buy on May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK in August 2017. The computer is supposed to have a 1 year warranty on it. I took it in about a month ago because it had some viruses on it. Best Buy informed me that it was not covered by the warranty. So I took it home and fixed it myself. This time I took it in because the charger plug broke on it. Best Buy told me that was not covered under the warranty.I asked them if anything was covered under the warranty. I called Toshiba and they refused to fix it under the warranty stating that they would fix it but that it would cost over 400 dollars. I want Toshiba to fix it under the warranty.

Dale I. Adams
    4631 W. Nicklas Ave. Apt. A
    Oklahoma City, OK 73132
    [protected]
    [email protected]

• Av
    avon1951 Jan 25, 2010

After owning a Toshiba satellite notebook for about 6 mos, I had to call tech support 'cause my dvd drive wasn't being read. While investigating that problem, the tech support noted that the computer was running "as slow as molasses" and recommended that I back up my files to disc and do a system recovery. I foolishly followed his advise and when I tried to reinstate my personal files, I couldn't figure out how to retrieve them from disc. So I called again, was told to do ANOTHER system recovery (I did) and was told to then call tech support back. I called back, told them I didn't know how to get my personal files back (I'm not very computer savvy) and was told that this was an issue they couldn't help me with. "But you guys told me to do the recovery and call back" I told "John" the tech. He couldn't help, he repeated. I requested a supervisor and was put in touch (after 10 minutes) with "Chris" who stood firm that Toshiba couldn't help me, even though I was acting on their instructiions. So, after speaking to "John, number one", "Jo Jo" ""John #2" and "Chris-the supervisor, I have gotten my DVD player back (I think) but lost all of my personal files. Way to go Toshiba. By the way, if you don't know it, the tech support center is located in the Philipines. Also, if you you have a complaint, guess where you file it... yeah, right there at tech support in the Philipines. No more Toshiba products for me, thank you.

• Ek
    E Kemper Jan 21, 2010

I bought a Toshiba Satellite L305D because I had such a reliable Toshiba laptop prior to this. Within 3 months of regular usage the DVD Drive (Optice drive) simply stopped reading CDs. I spent hours working on this with a technician on the phone who finally realized it was a hardware problem and I sent the product in to the factory. I received my laptop in a timely fashion and sporting a new drive.
    My warranty expired 4 months ago and the DVD drive--the one that was replaced less than a year ago--broke again. I do not use my computer very much, not even every day, and certainly not the CD drive more often than once a week or less. Toshiba reps were very kind in granting me a 14 day temporary extension to return my product and have it fixed. However, this is highly inconvenient for me at this time. It's just cheaper to buy a new DVD drive myself and replace it at home. Still, I will not likely buy another Toshiba laptop. It's just not as reliable as I had thought.

• Ha
    HanF59 Jan 05, 2010

1.The first time I got the laptop it came broken. The battery fell right out and parts were sticking out on the bottom. Returned and bought a new one instead of waiting the MONTH it would take for them to verify my return and start processing a replacement order.

2.They didn't return the insurance policy or transfer it over to the new computer per my request. I asked at least 3 representatives about it when I began to suspect it hadn't been done and was lied to saying it had been done. In short- it was fraud- they tried to take over $400.

3. Also they put the computer under another individuals name who had absolutely nothing to do with the purchase- which I discovered during my attempts to register the computer. "Well mam' i'm looking at the computer in my lap and the $1700+ charge on my credit card- would you like to tell me again that this isn't my computer?"

4.Computer #2: Massive Failure. Although plugged into a working outlet the computer refused to take in power- thus it died. Turns out not only is there a problem with the battery but there is also a problem with the motherboard. Computer had to be wiped and factory settings restored. I'm not allowed to run the computer with the battery in it so I'm attached to the wall.

5. The second computer isn't even a month old.

6. Customer service will not accept returns on all of the products they sold me at the time I purchased this computer.

To say Toshiba's customer service is incompetent would be kind. Of the 15 people I've spoken to in Sales, customer service, and tech support over the purchase of these 2 computers the only people that have been helpful were tech support. Customer service is rude and don't know their own policies. They also have over 30 min wait times (with std. bad music) and when you ask to speak to another sales representative or manager they can't transfer you and suggest that you call back, wait the requisite 30 min and "hope you get another sales representative".

Overall a waste of $4000+ in under a month.

Anthony Vecchio Nov 05, 2009

I would NEVER buy another toshiba again!!! They absolutely will NOT support their products. In the span of three years I have had to replace 5!!! bulbs at 250 a pop. When you call them they pretty much tell you to pound sand. You would think that after 5 bad lamps and a class action suit (which I didn't know about) they would at least admit that their bulbs are defective. They won't even talk to you about the possibility of replacing it. Pretty much "POUND SAND". You DON'T want to do business with a company with an attitude like this one.

• To
    ToshibaSucks Oct 16, 2009

I agree, Toshiba products suck. I bought a satellite a135 S4527 laptop and from day one it locks up when trying to watch movies, burn dvds or convert music. Best buy says they can not fix it, toshiba support says they can not fix it and beat buy would not give a refund. I will never buy another toshiba product or go to any best buy store to purchase anything. This has been the worst computer I have ever seen. I suggest to anyone, stay away fro best buy and toshiba, SUCKS.

• Al
    Al K Oct 05, 2009

I had my laptop since Jan 2017, it failed in August 2017. I have an extended service im getting a round around with right now. let me know how you resolve the issue.

ANIAJNS Oct 04, 2009

I BOUGHT MY LAPTOP 1 YR AGO AND IT'S GONE BAD ALREADY. ALL OF A SUDDEN THE BATTERY WOULDN'T CHARGE THEN THE AC ADAPTOR WENT. BOUGHT ANOTHER ADAPTOR AND IT DIDN'T HELP. ALL I GET IS A BLINKING BLUE INDICATOR, LETTING ME KNOW THAT I HAVE JUST PLUGGED IN THE ADAPTOR. I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT THESE MACHINES CAN BE CONSIDER DISPOSABLE LAPTOPS. THEY ONLY LAST A YEAR. THEY STOP WORKING A LITTLE LATER THAN THE WARRANTY EXPIRES. CAUSE OF DEATH, POWER FAILURE. IF YOU READ THE COMPLAINTS FOR THESE LAPTOPS, I'M SURE YOU'LL FIND THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE HAD TO TRASH THEIR LAPTOPS PREMATURELY BECAUSE OF A POWER DEFECT. EXTENDED WARRANTIES SHOULDN'T BE THE MAIN ARTERY FOR USING YOUR PRODUCTS. THERE'S NO WAY A LAPTOP SHOULD GO BAD WITHIN A YEAR. IF THIS IS THE CASE THEN THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF DISCLOSURE TELLING CONSUMERS THAT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. OR THERE SHOULD BE SOME KIND OF WARNING FOR THE CONSUMERS... "POWER FAILURE LIKELY AFTER A YEAR OF USE. WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY". THEN AGAIN, THEY CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO SELL THESE DEFECTED LAPTOPS. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE COMPLAINING. I HAVE READ QUITE A FEW COMPLAINTS AND I INTEND TO SEND A LETTER AND THOSE COMPLAINTS TO THE "CONSUMER AFFAIRS". WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR REPAIRS OR BUY ANOTHER LAPTOP BECAUSE THE FAIRLY NEW ONE I HAVE HAS GONE BAD AFTER A YEAR WITHOUT ANY WARNING AND RIGHT AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRED. I AM VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THIS AND I HOPE NO ONE ASKS ME FOR SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO BUY A NICE COMPUTER OR LAPTOP. TOSHIBA PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE AT THE TOP OF MY LIST.

• Do
    Donat Sep 24, 2009

I purchased a Toshiba 52inch DLP HDTV in in feb, 2017 and in less than 2 years of owning it, I have had to have the light bulb in it replaced 3 times. These bulbs are $219.00 each., now the TV needs a new light engine repair and the cost is $671.00. All of this in less than 2 years for a $2017.00 TV. To put it in perspective if this was a $30, 000.00 car, In less than 2 years of use it would need $19, 000.00 in repair cost, as my TV was $2017.00 and so far has needed over $1200.00 in repair.

Toshiba understands this is not acceptable, but offers no help what so ever. Now I have found out that this is very common in this Toshiba product model#52HM95. Please help me in finding a solution in getting this TV replaced/repaired or my money refunded. Or if there is way I can file suit or complaint against the company.

mamikel Sep 20, 2009

Getting 3 and a half years out of a hard drive is actually pretty good - hard drives typically only attract a 1 year warranty.

The rest of the computer is probably fine. Take the computer to your local repair guy and get him to try and put a new hard drive in it for and see if it goes ok.

Hopefully, you have back-ups of your important data.

• Og
    O.G. Aug 04, 2009

Correction to the abov2e. I purchased the Toshiba laptop on July 20th not July 2. Sorry could not edit after sending the text.

O.G.

• Og
    O.G. Aug 04, 2009

I am extremely frustrated with Toshiba company. I purchased a Satellite Pro, L300-EZ Toshiba laptop on line on July 2, 2017. My credit card was instantly on that day and I thought cool, everything is fine right? Wrong.

This is my story. I got an e-mail from Toshibadirect.com stating I needed to verify my phone number because I had made a mistake by one digit and the order did not go through. Okay, my bad. I reverified the phone number on July oshi24th 2017 with a confirmation that my order had been confirmed.

Toshiba stated at the purchase that the items would be shipped in 1-2 days of purchase. By July 28, I had not received the laptop, mouse and flash drive. I called Toshibadirect at [protected] and explained that I was leaving town on the 30th and to please make sure I could get the computer by the 29th since no one would be home to receive the items worth $840.00 approximately, plus shipping and handling. I was told by the customer service representative that the delivery was scheduled for the 30th and my only option was to cancel the order and get a refund since UPS still had the package. So I spoke to another representative who assisted me in cancelling the order.

To my biggest surprise, the laptop arrived on the 29th of July in a tattered box with gaping holes on 2 sides dropped on the front porch by the UPS guys. Now, this was supposed to be a birthday present for my daughter on Sunday the 26th of July(I had to get her something else since Toshiba totally screwed up my plans).

I called an extremely sympathetic Toshiba representative called "Jackie" and was able to obtain a return label to send the goods back. Thankfully, I did not have to pay for the cost of the return.

I got to the fedex drop off location nearest to my location and guess what? The shipping personnel informed me I had to purchase another box because Fedex would not pick up the original box Toshiba had sent with the UPS service, indeed the box was a mess. I paid $6.00 for a new box and returned the items on the 29th of July.

Today is August 4, 2017 and I tracked the package sent back to Toshibadirect.com warehouse and it has not been delivered and my money is still tied down with Toshiba. I called Toshibadirect at the customer service number to inquire about the status of the return order and was told to call back Wednesday, August 5, 2017 because the warehouse was closed for inventory today and it would take up to 5 business days to receive a refund for the returned items.

TOSHIBADIRECT.COM lied! The 'free' shipping advertised is not 1-2 business days but 4-5days. If I had known it would take 4-5 business days to receive such a purchase, I WOULD NOT HAVE ORDERED ANYTHING FROM TOSHIBADIRECT.COM!

This whole nerve-wrecking ordeal would have spanned 3 weeks by the time I get my money back.

TOSHIBADIRECT.COM SUCKS!

I would not be ordering anything from Toshibadirect.com any time soon. Their customer service sucks.

• Pa
    Patrick Jul 23, 2009

My Qosmio G15 notebook is less than four years old, & the hard drive has failed. Toshiba won't even acknowledge responsibility. All I get from every service rep is "it's out of warranty". I don't feel it's acceptable for a $3, 000 computer to fail after three and a half years, but Toshiba seems to not care ~ they keep trying to convince me it's normal, & I'm lucky it lasted this long. I warn everyone to stay away from this company ~ they are awful to deal with!

• Ta
    Tanya Jul 20, 2009

• Al
    Aliaa May 28, 2009

Samething happened to me with a laptop i just bought 2 months ago. i sent it back twice already. 1st time they said they had to replace the hard drive. It came back not working, they didn't even bother to screw all the screws in the back properly. And when i called them to replace it they asked me to send it back. God knows what will be next.

• Ru
    rukmini k May 26, 2009

I have bought 37 inchi toshiba LCD from Kohinoor, thane, mumbai and from day 1 picture quality is very bad and it is 4 months since i watched tv and i have been complaining to toshiba and kohinoor but without much success.
    Toshiba service personel's attitude is very bad. They visited my place on few occasions just to say that there is no problem with my LCD. They have not made any affort whatsoever to substantiate their claim except adamently stating that there is no problem with the tv.
    The service personnel are trained to say only one thing, visit client's plance and say no problem.
    I am preparing to file a case on toshiba and kohinoor. My request to all those who read this page is : please do not go to buy toshiba.