TomTomScam

R

I bought a Tom Tom satellite navigation system in December 2006. I worked well until early 2008. Suddenly it stopped working and seemed completely dead. It had not been dropped or damaged.

I contacted TomTom and went through the FAQa on their web site for repairs or problems. Nothing worked. I phoned and they said they'd phone back and didn't. Evenetually they said send it back for repair BUT couldn't give any idea of cost. I wasn't prepared to give them an open cheque book. I emailed again and received a reply saying I'd hear something within 48 hours. I didn't. Then I got an email from customer services asking if my query had been dealt with satisfactorily. They haven't responded. The link to the customer services contact details is today broken on their web site. I phoned via Amsterdam and hung on for ages before hanging up. The product cost around £400 and only worked for 18 months. I can't get support and I think the company are useless when it comes to customer care !!!