Tire Kingdombad tires, beware

T

I have been a customer of tire kingdom since 2003. I purchased four tires in 2003.in approximately three years, march 18, 2006 I returned for a tire repair and was told I needed four new tires. I bought four new tires again, with extended warranty and lifetime alignment. After doing research, I realized that I was buying tires every three years. This should not be, I would expect this if I purchased used tires.in fact, I was actually told a few months ago that I needed tires, at that time the tires were two years old. I also found out that they put the wrong size tire on my suv grand jeep cherokee and the tire that was recommended was not recommended for a suv. I am unhappy with the quality tires and the unprofessional decisions made by you staff. I relied on them to give me professional advice. I cannot afford to keep spending over $400.00 on tires every three years. I went to store # 63 on january 6, 2009 at 6:30pm to get a tire change. The tire could not be repaired so they put the spare on carmen discepola was helpful. On january 14, 2009 I called tire kingdom�? S corporate office and expressed my concerns, I was told someone would get back to me but I have not been contacted. I do realize you have other customers but my vehicle is making noises because of the spare tire and the tread on the other tires. My vehicle have never preformed so poorly. I need a resolution to this problem asap.

• Wu
    wurzle Jan 17, 2010

The majority of tires sold, by Tire Kingdom, have a treadwear warrnty guarenteed by Tire Kingdom and not by the tire manufacturer. The plan is to make sure the consumer returns to the company to have the 'prematurely' worn out tires adjusted out and replaced and at the same time, to sell the customer service work. Tire Kingdom is about moving "units" ie tires and selling service, including tire mounting packages.
    The sales person is not to be blamed for selling tires that do not last. Yes, that sales person makes commission from the sales, but he also takes a hit to his commission by discounting (adjusting) his sales.
    This is probably true of any tire business that offers a guarentee, so the consumer has to accept these facts and business practices.

jackburton09 Nov 30, 2009

Often the salesman is under pressure to quote the customer the cheapest tire possible to satisfy the customer. Often that pressure is coming from the customer. Although I do understand that there are tires that can fit on your SUV and are not rated for it, most times you are informed. Yes $400.00 is very cheap for 4 tires on an SUV. There could also be other reasons they wear out prematurely. You also did not mention how many miles you are driving in this period of time. The average person drives between 12k and 15k a year. In 2 years that could be 30K or more if you drive more. If that cheap tire is only rated to 40K and you don't rotate and balance and align regularly then the wear time is about right.

Like 2muchinfo said, "you get what you pay for." A good tire with a mileage warranty that will last longer would cost you twice as much or more.

• 2m
    2MuchInfo Aug 14, 2009

If your only paying 400.00 dollars to put tires on a Jeep grand Cherokee you get what you pay for. A good set of suitable tires for that kind of vehicle sould run well over 550. SO next time dont ask for the cheapest tire you can get.