Tiger Wheel & Tyretyre

V

Good morning Sir/Madam,

Kindly advise me as to what is on my recourse on the following:

I bought a tyre at Tigerwheel Klerksdorp on the Saturday, 23rd December 2017 and got it installed and they then did a wheel alignment and wheel balancing, as I was planning to leave the following Monday morning to Eastern Cape to visit my family.

I then went into the town in the CBD to the mechanic to install my car hooter, and we subsequently found out that the new tyre that I had just bought and installed was flat to an extent that I couldn't drive to the nearer garage to have it re-aired/repumped, the guys assisted me in removing the tyre and putting on my spare wheel.

On inspecting the tyre we saw that there's a bubble on the side on the tyre, and because Tigerwheel had already closed for the day as it was the weekend and consequently Christmas holidays, I called them and the phone went answered.

I eventually cancelled my EC trip and got my friend in Pta to fetch me and kids and we visited her for Christmas. The following week on the 29th I called Tiger wheel and spoke to Alex and advised them that there was a problem with the tyre, what shall I do.

He said there's nothing they can do, it could be the tyre got a bubble for a pothole, I told him I drove straight to town and I would remember if I drive over a pothole. He was not helpful at all.

I feel it is unfair that I should suffer the loss for the tyre that can burst at anytime, because the business don't wanna take any responsibility. I am back in Klerksdorp.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards