Tiger Wheel & TyreBad service on reclaiming a tyre taken for repairs

B

On 13 April I requested Tiger Wheels in Durban road Bellville to check one of the tyres which had a slow puncture, I was assisted by Mpumie who referred the case to Gerhard the manager who advised that the tyre is irrepairable, I accepted and paid for the new tyre. When I got home I called Mpumie to ask to keep the tyre since the car was new and the tyres were on warranty. Mpumie took my number and said nothing thereafter. On Tuesday after Easter Holiday, the first thing that I did is to call and request to fetch the tyre as I wanted to start with the process of claiming. The problem started here because I was told that the tyres had been taken by a truck on Thursday, the very same day I called.. I asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to Gerhard who told me the same story, and he promised to call the guys to bring the tyre back, I asked him where the guys were so that I could go personally and he said he does not know their address. I had to call all the time although he kept on promising that the tyre is going to be dropped. From Tuesday he kept on promising that the tyre is going to be dropped in the afternoon. I called daily and got the same response until I decided to go personally on Friday afternoon and I was given an old tyre which was not mine. I again asked for the address of the truck which fetched the tyres, this time he called the guy and gave me the address which he initially did not know. I finally went there but with no joy because they could not find the tyre. I am so disappointed with the service that Gerhard gave me, he promised to call me everytime I called and that the tyres will be dropped, I called daily with all the promises made until I went there on Friday and when I told him that I called and spoke to Mpumi the very same day to ask him to keep the tyre, and who even never told me on the day I called that the tyres had been fetched. His response was Mpumie is a trainee. Trainee or no trainee, he should have told me that the tyre was no longer there so that I could make a follow up immediately. It is so disgusting when you receive such service from a company that you have been supporting.